**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier Crystal is going to ruin the balance of the game

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
Imagine someone like well a player that is named after the largest mammal on earth.

He spends $10,000 in crystals every 2 weeks. He's sure going to get a lot of 6*.

Balance of the game...hmmm

Comments

• Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    That crystal isnt even available to me
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    its great for those who spend occasionally to get a little boost.
    the whales who will spend spend spend are already so far in front it doesn't matter.

also what does having a larger roster actually get you?
    if you are cavalier you already have a roster capable of LOL and Varient.

and these guys that you say are in front.
    so what. they have a larger roster.

but what can they do that you cant???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

When you're talking about those Accounts, they're already stacked as it is.

only stacked with 5*. now it will be 6*

When you're talking about those Accounts, they're already stacked as it is.

only stacked with 5*. now it will be 6*

If someone has lump sums of money to spend, there is no stopping them from stacking their Accounts. At that amount of money, they're probably already stacked with 6*s. There's very little that can be done, and these Crystals aren't going to throw the balance off of the entire game just because some people have more money to spend. Not any more than it already is because they have money to spend. It's a 1% chance. Same for everyone, which means other people will be pulling them as well. However, people who have more to spend will get more, and that's just how Economics work.
    Also worth pointing out that the number of people who have tens of thousands of dollars to spend on this game are few and far between.
  • Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    Well seeing as r2 six stars are just a bit stronger than rank 5 5 stars, how exactly is the game being ruined. They are controlling the top end by controlling the rank ups.
    It's like when I'm sitting on the bus watching someone drive by in an Alfa Romeo. It's fair because they paid for it. LOL.
    FlareDoge said:

Well, I wouldn't say pay-to-win. People who don't pay win also. I'd say more along the lines of get-what-you-pay-for. I agree that's fair though.

So you can tell me in all seriousness that the top 10 alliances are not whale alliances?
    just wat i said in another very similar post.....

P2W what exactly?
    if you are already at the point of becoming cavalier what exactly will having more 5* and 6* allow you to win exactly?
    if you havnt done LOL you already can.
    if you havnt done Varient yet you would already have the roster.
    so my question is exactly that.
    What do you actually pay to win?
    a larger roster??
    a better war defence??

im gunna speculate if you can buy cavalier crystals you already attack in war with 5/65 and 4/55 and only defenders you use lower than 4/55 are diversity.
    so i ask again What exactly do you win?
    the only thing i see you winning is a larger roster.
    FlareDoge said:

Well, I wouldn't say pay-to-win. People who don't pay win also. I'd say more along the lines of get-what-you-pay-for. I agree that's fair though.

So you can tell me in all seriousness that the top 10 alliances are not whale alliances?
    What I'm saying is, spending is not the only way to succeed. We've seen this.
    FlareDoge said:

When people say that 6* having a 1% droprate means that it won't affect the game I think they are missing a little something called dupes more specificly that 11% 5* rate means you will dupe a solid ammount of them while opening accelerating your next guarenteed 6* while also getting chances while you open those

That was no doubt accounted for when they created the Crystal. We're entering the next phase of 6* availability. Other changes will follow on down the line. They wouldn't release them if they didn't have plans to balance the system below.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Hilmar said:

These Cavalier crystals are going to make the gap between whales and regular players even bigger

And?
    I guarantee you would never catch up to people who have thousands of dollars at their disposal. That's true with or without these Crystals. What it won't do is throw the whole game off kilter. That balance is carefully monitored. As we saw with the Offer fiasco. That would have been an example of something that would break the game.
    edited March 2019
    Hilmar said:

These Cavalier crystals are going to make the gap between whales and regular players even bigger

what gap?
    seriously what gap?
    roster size does not mean anything.

whats the difference?
    a f2p player with
    4 x 5/65
    10 x 4/55
    30 x 3/45
    3 x r2 6*
    8 x r1 6*
    and a whale with
    4 x 5/65
    10 x 4/55
    60 x 3/45
    3 x r2 6*
    20 x r 1 6*

a biggger roster. what does that mean? diddly freaking squat.
    after about ur top 20-30 champs the rest of ur roster means nothing. not a damn thing except in some very rare situational circumstances.

fyi i am not a whale.
    i only have 2 x 5/65, 4 x 4/55, 4 x r1 6*.
    yeah it might be slightly annoying but it means nothing. nothing at all.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Hilmar said:

True to an extent but remember... Most of these whales are in the top alliances, far away from 95% of the rest of the regular players...

Also remember, 5 star featured results should go WAY down after these crystals... Whales will likely wanna spend their units on these instead of grinding for 3 days straight with the number of 5 stars and possible 6 stars in them

Alpha Scorpion
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    CFree said:

Hilmar said:

And?
    Probably true, but It probably doesn't make the gap more insurmountable than it already is. Most players won't ever be able to catch up with "the Whales" anyway... Not without spending a fair amount, as well as spending ridiculous amounts of time on the game...
  • It will ruin the game if they continually ramp-up difficulty of Epic/Uncollected Quests at a pace that those without Cavalier would not be able to keep up with. I’m around 700k, many r4's and used to be able to do Uncollected regularly until about 6 months ago, then when so many ppl started having a lot of r5's the monthly UC started to leave too many behind.

I wouldn't mind if they added a brand new Cavalier Difficulty level to monthly/special quests, if that meant keeping Uncollected/Epic the way it is or even little easier (with current rewards). But if people that are only Uncollected are going to start being left behind with completing UC/Epic, then that will be a sad state of the game.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

Imagine someone like well a player that is named after the largest mammal on earth.

He spends $10,000 in crystals every 2 weeks. He's sure going to get a lot of 6*.

Balance of the game...hmmm

We can start calling them dinosaurs
    Crystal Opening Dinosaurs

CFree said:

Hilmar said:

And?
    Probably true, but It probably doesn't make the gap more insurmountable than it already is. Most players won't ever be able to catch up with "the Whales" anyway... Not without spending a fair amount, as well as spending ridiculous amounts of time on the game...
    but thats kinda my point.
    the gap is there, it always will be, and really it is a gap that means nothing for the most part.
    a f2p can do every single bit of content it this game no problem.
    the only thing a f2p cannot do is get a roster quite as large and as deep as a whale. but that really achieves nothing.
    who cares how big your roster is?
    you can only use a small amount of it at a time.

sound familar?
    the only thing they win is the measuring contest which really holds bugger all value other than in the minds of people bothered by what others have..
    Haji_Saab said:

FGMC were the start of this but Cavalier will take it to another level ...

Non-grinder F2P player will slowly drop out of masters / plat 1 bracket ... they were clinging by their nails up to now ...

you can only use your top 8 champs in AW.
    having 100 top ranked champs or 10 top ranked champs is no different at all.