**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question: Who is a good counter to M.O.D.O.K.?

BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
What are good options when fighting him?

Comments

• Parry him, and then only hit him while still parry-stunned (2-4 hits, depending if in quest, or against real person who has “reduce stun time” mastery on).
    Or BlackWidow (or similar) who reduces Modok ability to auto-block (bringing Quake with Widow increases Widow's ability to prevent that too).
  • Living TRIBUNALLiving TRIBUNAL Posts: 363 ★★
    Ghost with wasp
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    AA, Hype or Blade with GR synergy is also good
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    AA.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Corvus. If you have true strike with proxima, then modok is useless and will fall fast and easily.
  • Mcocplayer1Mcocplayer1 Posts: 36

Killmonger. Get Modok up to his sp1, let him fire it, dext it, dash and attack, true strike for some time.

Yes. Killmonger true strike is great. It lasts 16 seconds so you can pretty much keep it going for the full fight after the initial SP1 evade.
  • ArondightArondight Posts: 125
    Massacre
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Aegon
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Masacre is a great option. Get a couple incinerates up and modok takes lots of block damage. And the sp2 will do wonders if its blocked
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196

Killmonger. Get Modok up to his sp1, let him fire it, dext it, dash and attack, true strike for some time.

Yes. Killmonger true strike is great. It lasts 16 seconds so you can pretty much keep it going for the full fight after the initial SP1 evade.
    pair him with WS and you can get true strike up on the first intercept and truly have it up the whole fight.
  • UnnecessaryJB1UnnecessaryJB1 Posts: 202
    Nick fury
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Thank you all for the many suggestions and tips!
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Archangel
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Blade with gr synergy
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    MLL combos
  • RickMCOCRickMCOC Posts: 2
    Night Thrasher

Skateboard Attacks:

Champions of the Contest never see the skateboard coming. Attacks using the skateboard have True Accuracy ignoring all Evade and Auto-Block effects.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

Or BlackWidow (or similar) who reduces Modok ability to auto-block (bringing Quake with Widow increases Widow's ability to prevent that too).

I know I'm late, but how... in the world... could you mention Black Widow with Quake AND NOT ACTUALLY MENTION QUAKE!?!?!? I don't get why people just pass over Quake all the time. She is the best auto-block and evade counter in the game and that's a fact, not an opinion. You can't auto-block or evade if you're never getting hit.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Heimdal, Karnak or AA are probably the best unless you have Corvus with the prox midnight synergy going. Otherwise anyone with a good heavy attack like Hype
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Erm anyone with true strike, synergies that give true strike(corvus), playing around the autoblock by triggering it then parrying the follow up strike, the usual obvious solutions haha.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Heimdal, Karnak or AA are probably the best unless you have Corvus with the prox midnight synergy going. Otherwise anyone with a good heavy attack like Hype

Heimdall is just okay and Karnak is a low damage dealer that will take for-stinkin' ever, especially since no one has him ranked up since he takes twice as much CC and is a horrible champion. Also, this M.O.D.O.K is stun-immune. So champs like Hype and AA that rely on heavies won't be that great. The best options would be Quake, Killmonger (especially with WS synergy in this circumstance), Corvus with Proxima, Blade with Sparky and GR, Masacre and solid AAR champs like Black Widow with a high sig and Crossbones.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I haven't seen Cull Obsidian mentioned.
    He ignores auto block while rout is active so you could launch 3-4 heavies and then finish it off with a rout sp2.
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    Killmonger, blade with gr sinergy, nick fury, gwenpool. I also find hyperion useful against modok because i can use my heavy from distance
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Ghost with wasp

Doesn't he autoblock still? I've never thought ghost would work ?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

I haven't seen Cull Obsidian mentioned.
    He ignores auto block while rout is active so you could launch 3-4 heavies and then finish it off with a rout sp2.

I use Cull myself ... if you can "charge him up" to 5 charges .. then you start the fight with enough to ignore auto block .. you can save your other rout option for later in the fight . ;)
  • CobraCobra Posts: 126
    KILLhimeasyMONGER
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Ghost with wasp

Doesn't he autoblock still? I've never thought ghost would work ?
    Unblockable Specials if used immediately after phasing
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Applies to MODOK as well :smiley:

• Would hit monkey be good ?