**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier crystal

BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
As cavalier title holders do u guys holding that title believe we deserve the absence of 3 star champs from cavalier crystal???

Cavalier crystal 127 votes

Yes
54%
GamerMavRCK_BadroseHaji_SaabHulk_77mostlyharmlessnOKAYGangKrzysaltYotzXillymanFallencircusChovneradqqedfyvrHeraldofNoneWinner12344321Midknight007Yeo786TitanPunchFoxhero007Johnyzero 69 votes
No
45%
GroundedWisdomSolswerdthetaman23cradlemansamalasravanLeNoirFaineantZENBigbadromoWiMakAxeCopFireJimmyJohnJonesPcc880WhiteManShaggyMnebSungjAlCapone2727ThereticJim0172Dean9300450 58 votes

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No
    right now they are best deal in the game, removing 3*s would break them.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    No
    You get a 6* you get a 6* you get a 6*.... EVERYBODY gets a 6*!!!!!!!!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I wonder how many of these threads there will be.
  • PleasureDomePleasureDome Posts: 93
    V1PER1987 said:

One million more most likely
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    No

6.2 6.3 and 6.4 milestone I bet, one of them will give you a crystal without 3*s most likely.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Yes
    I love the irony. If you complete act 6.1 you are only allowed to use 5* and 6*s. What do kabam reward you mostly with the ... 3* and 4*. In what crazy world does kabam's logic hold up.

It would be better just to give 5* and 6* shards from them instead.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No
    Str said:

I love the irony. If you complete act 6.1 you are only allowed to use 5* and 6*s. What do kabam reward you mostly with the ... 3* and 4*. In what crazy world does kabam's logic hold up.

It would be better just to give 5* and 6* shards from them instead.

no it would not, that would be way over powered and very bad logic. Talking about the player divide, it would become so wide as to be insurmountable. No would would need to do anyting else.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    No
    I'm sorry but no, i became cavalier within 2 hours of it going live, these crystals are ridiculously good as they are... but at the same time, they've caused the game to slip even more into a pay to win scenario... lemme put it this way... STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, in 20,000 units you can get...
    49 3 stars
    38 4 stars
    11 5 stars
    1 6 star

The top whales can easily get multiple 5 and 6 stars with these crystals constantly, while ftp players are going to get severely left behind, i myself rarely spend, i cant afford to unfortunately, neither can a large amount of the playerbase, but thats how it is.

on the brightside, if you grind arena, i can see 5 star feature arena scores going down soon, since whose going to spend 10,000 units and 3 days grinding away to get a 5 star featured champ, when in those 10,000 units its highly likely you'll get way more 5 stars from the cavalier crystal... especially if they ever introduce a featured cavalier crystal

Alpha Scorpion
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I'm sorry but no, i became cavalier within 2 hours of it going live, these crystals are ridiculously good as they are... but at the same time, they've caused the game to slip even more into a pay to win scenario

If you think the object of the game is to "win" by building a bigger roster than COW, well I hate to break this to you but you lost a long time ago.

i myself rarely spend, i cant afford to unfortunately, neither can a large amount of the playerbase, but thats how it is.

Right, and now you won't have to. The drop odds of the Cavalier crystals is good enough that just grinding units from the arena through milestone rewards, which are within the realm of the average player to get, will over time generate pretty good results. Which means once you can get past the hump of being Cavalier, your normal gameplay can build a high tier roster faster than it ever could. It will set you up better for the rest of Act 6, which is probably the whole point of the crystal. It *does* set Cavalier players apart from the rest, just like Uncollected did before, and that's intentional. You get past this hurdle, and the game changes.

on the brightside, if you grind arena, i can see 5 star feature arena scores going down soon, since whose going to spend 10,000 units and 3 days grinding away to get a 5 star featured champ, when in those 10,000 units its highly likely you'll get way more 5 stars from the cavalier crystal... especially if they ever introduce a featured cavalier crystal

It could also help in a lot of other ways. If it increases basic participation in the arenas a little to grind units for Cavalier crystals, that means more players will be getting higher rank rewards (because most of them are based on the percentage of all players that participate enough to qualify for rank rewards: more participation equals more players getting more things).

I calculated earlier that between the 5* drop rate, the 6* drop rate, and the accumulation of 4* and 5* crystal shards from lower drops, you'd expect to get a 5* champion or higher about every 1400-1500 units of expense on average. Since the 1%-10% 5* featured rank reward is 2000 5* shards, which is 1/5th of a 5*, that means the rewards for grinding 13 million points is worth about 300 units. That suggests grinding for units might be - for Cavalier players - more efficient than even grinding for the rank reward.

Only a low percentage of players can actually become Cavalier initially, but even so and as that number grows this could have interesting effects on both how the arenas are approached and how players rebalance their efforts across all arenas. Even the lower arenas are worth hitting just for the units, especially for free to play or low-spending players, since the value of those units just jumped upward a lot for those players.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Yes
    People opening Cavalier crystals typically find 4* champs useless, 3* are just laughable at this point, so yeah remove the bad jokes from the crystals.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    OKAYGang said:

People opening Cavalier crystals typically find 4* champs useless, 3* are just laughable at this point, so yeah remove the bad jokes from the crystals.

Remind me which crystal of this type has ever had no useless drops? I agree that 3*s and 4*s are not very useful. Not sure why that's relevant.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

because anyone thinking these need to be buffed has had way tooo many bongs
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

I'm sorry but no, i became cavalier within 2 hours of it going live, these crystals are ridiculously good as they are... but at the same time, they've caused the game to slip even more into a pay to win scenario... lemme put it this way... STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, in 20,000 units you can get...
    49 3 stars
    38 4 stars
    11 5 stars
    1 6 star

The top whales can easily get multiple 5 and 6 stars with these crystals constantly, while ftp players are going to get severely left behind, i myself rarely spend, i cant afford to unfortunately, neither can a large amount of the playerbase, but thats how it is.

Alpha Scorpion

P2W what exactly?
    if you are already at the point of becoming cavalier what exactly will having more 5* and 6* allow you to win exactly?
    if you havnt done LOL you already can.
    if you havnt done Varient yet you would already have the roster.
    so my question is exactly that.
    What do you actually pay to win?
    a larger roster??
    a better war defence??

im gunna speculate if you can buy cavalier crystals you already attack in war with 5/65 and 4/55 and only defenders you use lower than 4/55 are diversity.
    so i ask again What exactly do you win?
    the only thing i see you winning is a larger roster.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes.

I just opened up 31 of these crystals and got 20 3* and 11 4*. No 5*. I realize there are no guarantees but It will be a long time before i touch these again.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    it would be nice, but im ok with it. I just pulled a 5* Thor rag and 5* Massacre out of 15, with a few 4*s that gave me max. I mean overall a good gambling deal, that's what my arena grinds will go towards, untill I run into real bad luck lol
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Starhawk said:

Yes.

I just opened up 31 of these crystals and got 20 3* and 11 4*. No 5*. I realize there are no guarantees but It will be a long time before i touch these again.

Man got a little burned, but still 11 4* equals 5* shards and even more if they are max. the fgmcs would never give u that much 4*s. I will probably keep spinning the roulette wheel until I get a burn like that. lol.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    No
    Access to crystal itself is a pretty huge milestone for an account. I wish there were shards offered in solo events or something since access through units alone force players to choose to gamble on the crystal or save those units for content resources, such as revives and refills.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Whoops I mis voted meant to vote for it’s ok 3 stars are in the batch lol.

It would break the. And and people would stop doing content and arena. That money for kabam.

Now the cavalier crystals in itself is a money maker. I opened 10 and got 2 5s 3 4s and 5 3s. Not bad. I don’t usually spend my units in crystals but I decided to this time. Maybe I’ll do some more later but I want to clear content before anything else.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Yes
    G0311 said:

Starhawk said:

Yes.

Man got a little burned, but still 11 4* equals 5* shards and even more if they are max. the fgmcs would never give u that much 4*s. I will probably keep spinning the roulette wheel until I get a burn like that. lol.
    true but the various unit deals for 5* give me more 5* shards than i received from this opening and for a smaller price....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Starhawk said:

G0311 said:

Starhawk said:

Yes.

true but the various unit deals for 5* give me more 5* shards than i received from this opening and for a smaller price....
    You can trust the math and hit 16 when the dealer shows 10, or you can decide you'd rather not bust and stand, but the math says you will lose more hands that way in the long run. Everyone has to decide whether to trust the math or trust their gut. On average, the people who trust the math will end up far ahead of those that trust their gut. Some will get lucky. Most won't.