**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alienation of Mid-Level Gamers

ThunderGodThunderGod Posts: 381 ★★★
Hey all,

Lately we have been seeing a few offers pop up here and there, like the one in the unit store now for those who have completed "Act 2 only and not Act 3", plus the extra rewards and what not.

Kabam, is employing a very simple tactic of trying to please their consumer base who are relatively new to the game, or have been playing for a couple months. They are trying to retain their customers, as they are the ones who are most likely to leave the game if they see " Rant Videos" on YouTube.

Brilliant Kabam, brilliant.
However they have simply missed the target audience who are actually aggravated by recent bans and whatnot.

I just want to say to the Game team, that we as a community see this as an insult to the face.
However I do not say that I personally want/need those rewards or offers. It would be satisfactory if for once in their "Reign" over the contest, Kabam could forcus their attention on the ones left out.

You are simply alienating a significant portion of the community. This is what causes severe polarization in Games.

Please acknowledge this, and with all due respect don't close this post.
I would love to hear others opinions too.

Warm Regards
Marvel Fan

Comments

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Define "significant portion of the community" and how you arrived at that estimation. It is possible -- even likely -- that the people who feel aggrieved by champ requirements are a small number of players who just happen to be more vocal than the rest of us.

You have every right to be mad and what not, and I am not here to tell you to feel otherwise. But you shouldn't make assertions about what other players are feeling, especially if you're using the forums as a guide to your perceived level of unhappiness in the "community". Forums are where mad people go to vent, so you should expect to find plenty of dissatisfaction here, but it is not necessarily indicative of what most players feel.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    He is actually referring the "significant portion of the community" as the middle class of players, which is likely a significant portion. He is also only saying that Kabam is separating them from everyone else. I also feel he is correct in his perception, but that will never change. In the real world it works the same way rich get richer and poor get hand outs while middle class are left to fend for themselves without assistance of any kind. It will never change no matter if it is the real world or the game world, so it truly is a waste of time to request anything different.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    I am a mid tier player, I feel like Kabam looks past mid tier player. I have completed the story to uncollected then gave up on the rest of it. I play now strictly for fun i dont care about progressing. I stopped doing the uncollected monthly quest I dont spend anymore. Some days I dont even care if I log in or not. My biggest problem is the 5 star pool is too big, its almost impossible to pull a good champ. Even harder to duplicate one. I have to rely too much on 4 stars that are worthless now.