**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5*Thor Ragnarok is the best Champ in MCOC

Any specific reason most top players in GLOBAL switch to 5*Thor Ragnarok ?

Is 5*Thor Ragnarok the best Champs in MCOC ?

Comments

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    He is quite useless unless you need a prestige and in most cases we dont.his animations,playstyle are all badly and rushed in design! They were supposed to release new hulk and suddenly had to make Thor Ragnarok and release him in same month! So they knew which buttons to push.. Prestige . It works regardless if champion is useless top alliance players will have to rank him up.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    You pick the list with highest hero rating and that's why you'll see them having Thor Ragnarok as the top champ
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Thor rags has high prestige
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    He's not useless, @Kalantak. It's just that there are better champions, and you've got them. So he's not much use to you.

Rags is solid, but not brilliant by himself. He needs synergies and Awakening to be brilliant (remind you of anyone?), which isn't an unusual feature these days.

Awakened, with either Hulk, his damage ability is really impressive; and uses Shock to deliver a lot of it, which still very few champs are immune to. Not to mention decent base health, attack and crits.

Sure, his crouching animation is a bit off-putting at first; and the damage cap on his SP3 is unusual; but his ability to generate Power alone is enough to explain why that's necessary; as you can easily fire off two SP3s in ten seconds. And that Hulk synergy, though? Love it!
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    TR is so boring that I don't even use him while grinding arena...
  • cherascheras Posts: 112
    Reference said:

You pick the list with highest hero rating and that's why you'll see them having Thor Ragnarok as the top champ

Top 4 players have the same 5* Thor Ragnarok, i thought they use him on purpose.

• Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    I'm pretty sure they use him in some areas of content. He highly benefits from his champion and korg synergy which many have r5. They mainly rank him for prestige though
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    He's good but he requires soooooo much. He has to be awakened first off, high sig level, and then he has to have the whole Ragnorok team with him. He's an investment. Got him as a 6 star hopefully I awaken him and can see some of his potential cause right now he's just a sitting duck.
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    I love my thor rags. use his synergies and hes basically unkillable not a fan of the boon of the good mechanic. but they really did a good job with the Sakarrian Odinson
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480

Reference said:

Top 4 players have the same 5* Thor Ragnarok, i thought they use him on purpose.

Yeah that purpose is to have higher prestige.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Reference said:

Most players rank up the champ they think will be the strongest one for them to do content with. That's a good strategy in general, especially if rank up resources are hard to get. Some players prioritize ranking up AW attackers, AQ attackers, and if you have enough resources and you are in a high tier war alliance players will also prioritize ranking up AW defenders.

But the rank rewards you get in AQ are based on prestige: the higher your alliance's total prestige is, the harder the maps you get and the more points you get and thus the higher your weekly rank will be. Those rewards at the top are also very good. The highest players in the game are probably ranking things up for everything: war attackers, war defenders, AQ Map 7 attackers, Variant and Act 6 champions, AND to maximize their prestige whether they use the champ or not.

Thor Ragnarok has very high prestige relative to other champions (different champs have different prestige even when ranked to the same level). If a player ranks up a bunch of champs for different reasons and they have a lot of 5/65 champs, the four champs with the highest prestige will show up in their profile even if they have dozens of 5/65s. And the one at the top will be the highest champ. That's why Thor Ragnarok shows up a lot. A lot of high tier players rank him up to boost their prestige, and anyone who does will likely have him show up in their profile, specifically because he has such high prestige. Those guys could have lots of other 5/65 champs they like much better than Thor Ragnarok, but you aren't going to see them.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I have 3/45 one, and he's been great in Variant Chap 1.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    He’s ok, just not very fun to play at least to me
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Everyone has already explained it pretty well. Just wanted to add that he actually is incredibly strong in long fights similar to She-hulk after her buffs and Proxima. It's just that the kind of long fights we would be talking about are like LoL long, and most of the game doesn't ask you to do that. Thor Ragnarok is good for boss fights in that sense.

With synergies he's also a great deal stronger, and he has several good ones with both hulks and his siblings among others. Add in Heimdall who also has some awesome synergies too.