**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier Crystal is going to ruin the balance of the game

Comments

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Kayne34 said:

Well seeing as r2 six stars are just a bit stronger than rank 5 5 stars, how exactly is the game being ruined. They are controlling the top end by controlling the rank ups.

uh, more 6* = more points in arena...isn't it obvious sherlock

• peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Haji_Saab said:

FGMC were the start of this but Cavalier will take it to another level ...

Non-grinder F2P player will slowly drop out of masters / plat 1 bracket ... they were clinging by their nails up to now ...

non-grinder f2p players in masters and plat1? They were playing hours a day to stay active AQ and AW, some arena milestones and use their energy in quests, so they were obviously grinders.

yes, F2P won't be able to close the roster gap to be as good as whales. 5 5/65 is what they should be aiming for prestige wise
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★

When you're talking about those Accounts, they're already stacked as it is.

only stacked with 5*. now it will be 6*

He already is stacked with 6*s right now. it won't make much of a difference for him. it's the high mid tier and lower high tier players that will benefit the most
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Kayne34 said:

Well seeing as r2 six stars are just a bit stronger than rank 5 5 stars, how exactly is the game being ruined. They are controlling the top end by controlling the rank ups.

uh, more 6* = more points in arena...isn't it obvious sherlock

but less need to spend the time grinding for champs cus they just buy them.
    isn't it obvious sherlock
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    They are insane. I have bought quite a few but not a crazy amount and have already got 3 6*s. Two of them being my first good 6*s. (Cap IW and Symbiote Supreme).
  • AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    spent 2000 units on those damn crystals and only got 3*s and 4*s, F2P here so that kinda hurts lol

But I agree, thats pretty much an unlimited amount of 5*s and 6*s for people willing to spend money.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Jim0172 said:

They are insane. I have bought quite a few but not a crazy amount and have already got 3 6*s. Two of them being my first good 6*s. (Cap IW and Symbiote Supreme).

Like I said, this will change the game a lot to the spenders significantly more. It's a bad thing, but oh well...they get their money.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Jim0172 said:

Like I said, this will change the game a lot to the spenders significantly more. It's a bad thing, but oh well...they get their money.
    So 1 player getting lucky will ruin the game?

I bought 25 and got 1 6* 1 5* and a bunch of 3 and 4*s please explain how that impacts the game that much? Doesnt matter how many champs you pull if you dont have the resources to rank them hence the limited t5b and t2a and just being introduced t5cc
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Guys. Go play 5.1. Then go skip to 5.6. The increased difficulty and nodes is quite intense. Having these crystals is going to be a god send when we get deeper into act 6. The difficulty will raise. You will need more champs in general.
  • HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    The only negative or impactful effect it could have on my gaming experience is as follows.

1. 5* featured arena will be completely out of my realm of coming close to top 150. Why? Because of purchased crystals, further inflating peoples rosters with 6* champs that yield the most points.

Yes, I realize that the big spenders refresh timers for units for whatever roster they currently have, which makes this new crystal just another cherry on their cake.

This is the game meta of which I am used to at this point and I have no real hate for this new crystal.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    They are not going to "unbalance" anything. For everyone here sharing brag posts about multiple 6 stars being pulled, there are guys like me that bought 10 and pulled 9 3 stars. Lol.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    The gap is not the amount of 5 or 6* champs you can have. The gap comes when you can rank them up higher than before. T2a t5b and soon to be t5cc will be what causes the gap.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    How are free to play players supposed to compete/keep up now?
    There was a time where skill could get you close to where the whales are.
    Now, some one who spends can just get 5-6* at will, where as F2P players like myself are waiting 3 months to pull beast out of the 6* crystal.

I cant spend on this game and am in a high ally because of my skill. i may just quit now cuz i dont have the $ to get these 6* and 5*
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    ... Hmmmm balance of the game? :|

So what you're saying is, discontinue being able to spend money on the game? There are people with money and people without, what they choose to spend it on is entirely up to them.

Plus you're mentioning only 1 person who we all know of, one person can't unbalance the game by them-self.
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★
    I am sorry, but this is incredibly short-sided and selfish. Of course someone who pays is going to have a huge advantage over someone who is F2P. Instead of complaining you should be thanking them, as without these whales the game would dry up. You are not owed anything, there is no participation trophy, if you want to have what these whales have, then pay up. Stop complaining that someone has an unfair advantage for buying more chances at getting lucky.

And yes the top alliances are made up of whales, but that is not the only place they are. In order to be in the top alliances you still have to have skill as you are playing against other alliances with 5r5 or 6r2 top defenders. Let them have the top as they pay for all the people who don't or can't pay for a video game.

I just cant believe this is twice in two days I have agreed with Grounded.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I just watched a video were someone opened 124 cavalier crystals. (Lagacy posted it for a friend)

Got 1 (one) 6-star.

Wait for it.

A Rhino.

For almost 25,000 units.

Keep in mind that one definition of "cavalier" is "showing a lack of proper concern".
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

I just watched a video were someone opened 124 cavalier crystals. (Lagacy posted it for a friend)

Got 1 (one) 6-star.

Wait for it.

A Rhino.

For almost 25,000 units.

Keep in mind that one definition of "cavalier" is "showing a lack of proper concern".

Don't worry that 6* rhino will make him unstoppable moving forward... at least according to the OP
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Rixob said:

Now, some one who spends can just get 5-6* at will, where as F2P players like myself are waiting 3 months to pull beast out of the 6* crystal.

I cant spend on this game and am in a high ally because of my skill. i may just quit now cuz i dont have the $ to get these 6* and 5*

You can’t keep up if you are f2p, but that makes sense. It’s a consequence of the decision to not spend. Can you have a good account as f2p, yes. But all else being equal, you’ll still fall behind spenders.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Got 1 (one) 6-star.

Wait for it.

A Rhino.

For almost 25,000 units.

Hmm. And just to think when I pulled him as soon as he was added to the crystal I thought my luck sucked. Turns out he’s worth 25,000 units.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    He’s pretty stacked in 6s already. And it’s because 1 he’s is loaded and 2 because you watch his videos which generates revenue for him lol.

I’ve seen 1 video and it was a recent one where he showed off all his duped 6 stars. He doesn’t need a cavalier crystal to help him.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

He’s pretty stacked in 6s already. And it’s because 1 he’s is loaded and 2 because you watch his videos which generates revenue for him lol.

I’ve seen 1 video and it was a recent one where he showed off all his duped 6 stars. He doesn’t need a cavalier crystal to help him.

Trust me, the videos he makes gets very little compared to how much he spends. The video revenue don't even reach 0.5% of how much COW has spent.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    balance of game? when was it ever balanced? a person who is playing for four yrs n a person playing for a yr seems balanced to u? a person at platinum level n a person at silver alliance are balanced? not that a silver alliance guy is inferior in skills but simply that he won't be recruited by any platinum alliance due to his roster lacking that many options. so when exactly was this game ever balanced? when I grind at 5* arena my options are limited while ppl who has a bigger roster they can reach millions in a hr or so. is the game balanced? nope never it was. never will it be. best is don't look at the privileges of others n sigh regretfully. be content with whatever u have or possibly could manage to get. play ur own game at ur own pace to be able to enjoy it. the min u become envious u will want to compete unnecessarily n u will end up gambling more n more in the process waste away heaps of money. Am not particularly interested in having many champions. coz u might get the champion gifted away to u. bt to utilise that champ u would need resources. u will end up buying those resources to rank up. it transpires to me that more than the champion itself the cost of levelling it up is the sly marketing genius of Kabam! am too smart to be tempted to spend more. rofl.
  • So, any thoughts on making a new Cavalier Difficulty Level for quests (beyond existing UC/Epic) ? Think this would be good to give Cavalier strength players a place for LoL style difficult monthly/special quests, WITHOUT HAVING TO SKYROCKET THE EXISTING UNCOLLECTED/EPIC Difficulty and thus make those UC rewards unachievable for the majority of “only Uncollected status” players.
  • Itslit23Itslit23 Posts: 5
    Not entirely a fan of how kabam runs the contest and decisions most of the time,but in all honesty I love these Crystal,gonna whale out on them,I'm already addicted, I got a 5 star aegon from opening 3. No complaints here. Good job kabam,not everyone is f2p.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Rixob said:

With who?
    Rixob said:

Sure. Funny thing is, in all the time I've played this game and read the forums, people have *always* been complaining about how you couldn't keep up with the whales. And every time it happens, someone points out that this has always been true. But apparently, this has always been wrong before but it is definitely happening now.

There was a time when people were complaining about the fact that the only way to get ahead was to get into a top alliance, and top alliances only recruited people with high prestige, because top alliances were competing for the T4CC in high rank AQ rewards. I'm pretty sure that actually happened, and I did not just imagine it. And those 5* featured crystals that everyone today thinks was the greatest thing ever and Kabam should bring back? When those first came out people were complaining that only the whales could put together enough shards to pull enough of those crystals to "guarantee" getting the featured. The poor non-whale players might only get one pull, and have an 80% chance to get something other than the featured, so once again the whales left everyone else in the dust. I'm pretty sure that's also a thing that happened. And then AW seasons came along, and people were complaining that the season rewards were too good, and only whales could compete for the top tier AW season rewards, and this would also leave everyone else in the dust. I'm positive that happened, because that complaint is still happening now.

There's only two things you can put into this game: you can spend time, or you can spend money. And if someone else is spending more overall than you, they will get more stuff than you. Skill plays a role in what you can do with what you currently have. But you cannot directly convert skill into stuff, and that's always been true.

But more than anything else, if someone wants to complain about what someone else is getting in this game, they will always find a way to "prove" that the reward system is broken because someone else can get something they can't get. That's always been true, and always will be true.
  • LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Savio444 said:

Imagine someone like well a player that is named after the largest mammal on earth.

He spends $10,000 in crystals every 2 weeks. He's sure going to get a lot of 6*.

Balance of the game...hmmm

We can start calling them dinosaurs
    Crystal Opening Dinosaurs
    But Dinosaurs aren't mammals.

They're amphibians. The Mammals he is referring to are obviously squids

Crystal Opening Squids
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Dinosaurs arent amphibians either. But neither are they reptiles. They were dinosaurs lol