**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier Crystal is going to ruin the balance of the game

13»

Comments

• Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71

Kayne34 said:

Well seeing as r2 six stars are just a bit stronger than rank 5 5 stars, how exactly is the game being ruined. They are controlling the top end by controlling the rank ups.

uh, more 6* = more points in arena...isn't it obvious sherlock

I will give you that there will be some impact in arena but that is not shifting the meta of the game.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    the balance of the game will be fine. I spent 4400 units and got 20 3* and 11 4*. No 5* or 6*. I can guarantee you the 5* shards generated from these is lower than unit based deals of similar amounts that include 5* shards that is available to anyone that's uncollected. It is only natural that someone that is Cavalier can get 6* more easily than someone that is uncollected....just like it was only natural that someone that got uncollected could get 5* more easily than someone that is not uncollected. It is a natural progression of the game.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    people are just skipping over my big post.

balance of the game?
    p2w... win what exactly? the largest roster contest?
    as far as war goes you only need 8 good champs.
    doesnt matter if you have 10 or 100.

rank up resources and the ability to rank champs is what makes people get fiurther infront.
    having more champs means diddly squat.
    1 v 10 yeah sure.
    but 10 v 20
    or 50 v 100
    or 100 v 150.
    no difference.

if these crystals were like instant rank ups then you might have a valid argument.
    but even then, You pay you deserve to get something.
    if paying did not give you a benifit then no-one would pay./
    if no-one paid then no money would be made and the game would close down.

so i ask again.
    what does one win exactly by getting more 5* and 6* than you?
    what can they do that you cant?
    anyone capable of doing cavalier already has a decent roster that can compete in end game content.
    what dowes buying 100000 of these crystals allow you to win exactly?

only the good old fashioned measuring contest.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

It's like when I'm sitting on the bus watching someone drive by in an Alfa Romeo. It's fair because they paid for it. LOL.

You dont get off the bus and demand compensation cause life is hard?
    I believe that's called Pan Handing?
    (Not to offend anyone who has been in such situations.)
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/128249/act-6-cavalier-crystals#latest

PEOPLE JUST NEED TO READ THIS THREAD
    stop havin multiple threads on the same thing.

it will not ruin the balance and I have listed many many reasons why
    read it
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Savio444 said:

Imagine someone like well a player that is named after the largest mammal on earth.

He spends $10,000 in crystals every 2 weeks. He's sure going to get a lot of 6*.

Balance of the game...hmmm

We can start calling them dinosaurs
    Crystal Opening Dinosaurs
    But Dinosaurs aren't mammals.

They're amphibians. The Mammals he is referring to are obviously squids

Crystal Opening Squids
    ...I am saying because there are some dinosaurs bigger than a whale..........
  • WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    Can you even R3 a 6*? No...
    So I don't really care about someone getting a bunch of 6*s to stack their rosters. 6*s in war are actually easier to defeat due to their low sig levels.

On top of that a 6* R2 has slightly more stats than a 5/65 with low sig levels ( yes, some champs dont need their sig to be great).

When the resources come out and you can R3 a 6* thats when the "balance" of the game will be shifted.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

Imagine someone like well a player that is named after the largest mammal on earth.

He spends $10,000 in crystals every 2 weeks. He's sure going to get a lot of 6*.

How is the Cavalier Crystal going to unbalance the game? Your example is a guy who buys featured crystals for a specific chance upon launch of a new champ. Even with Cavalier, COW is gonna do what COW does. Cavalier Crystals doesn’t give him any advantage as his deep pockets. Cavalier has a basic pool, and COW said he will no longer do basic crystals.

He has tons of 6* shards and champs from featured crystals. Why would he waste $$$ on Cavalier when he already has every 5* virtually maxed? And even if he did, he is one player... He may have the ability to 100% without any issue, but how is that “Unfair”? He spent (by your measure) $260k on featured crystals alone.

Even if he clears it, does it stop you from clearing it? Even if he paid for his roster, he needs the skill to play the champs. From what I have seen, he is also somewhat good at the game as well.

It may prohibit you from a Legends run... almost all of us will have that problem.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    He keeps this game running with his spending. This is no different than every crystal opening he does I love watching the odds.
    I just started watching COWs recent vid on 6*’s... he know realized Featured 6* is horrible... lmao

I knew that when they released the new featured crystals that you use shards on. It is better to pull 3 basics and add diversity to your roster.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SYdd_niGhzs

I am renaming this video “1st World Problems” lmao
  • King363672King363672 Posts: 403 ★★★

Well if he is spending that much he deserves that . You can also do the same if cannot just enjoy the game like I do . I don't stress out seeing others roster .
    Complete heroic with only rank 2 3 star and it's really fun

Well, I wouldn't say pay-to-win. People who don't pay win also. I'd say more along the lines of get-what-you-pay-for. I agree that's fair though.

Get out of here Mike. The jig is up loser.
    Lol but he is actually right.
    and all these people that say P2W.
    what are they actually winning?
    what are they doing that you cant?
    all content is open to F2P aswell.
    P2P can just do it faster.
    having a large roster only matters to a point.
    then so many champs are irrelevant anyway as you can only use so many at a time.
    also 1000 champs are useless if you don't play for rank up resources.
    so I say again P2W what?
    P2W against your ego?
    P2W the biggest roster? who cares?

simple fact is pay what ever you want and you still need atlease a decent level of skill.
    pay nothing and you can still do all content.

P2P needs to give an advantage.
    otherwise no one pays.
    no one pays, well no one plays.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    There is no balance of the game at those levels anyway. It’s either spend or grind you life away up at the rope with those whales. If you are grinding that much you’ll have the units for the crystals anyway.

The game has always been largely PTW at the top.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Not sure if this counts as unbalancing the game (nor do I care), or if this is even correct: but with the increase of 6*'s (or at least an increased chance of getting more 6*'s, and more higher ranked 5*/6*'s) will the infinity streak in arena not be affected? Seem to remember with the introduction of t5b's/5/65's there was a change in when the so-called death matches appeared and such........
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Not sure if this counts as unbalancing the game (nor do I care), or if this is even correct: but with the increase of 6*'s (or at least an increased chance of getting more 6*'s, and more higher ranked 5*/6*'s) will the infinity streak in arena not be affected? Seem to remember with the introduction of t5b's/5/65's there was a change in when the so-called death matches appeared and such........

Well, yes and no. It's hard to say what the plateau is for the Min. PI you need to use. My bet is it won't be affected much until we have the means to R3 them.
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Unbalanced?
    And when that happens Kabam will release 7 stars ⭐️

yes it will change but that is a minor inconvinence that will pass as your own roster grows.
    but also arena cutoff scores will decrease as less whales nee to arena for champs.
    expect the brand new champs to be high but the others to drop a lot.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is the truth! Doesn't matter how many you have, it is how well you use them. I have made it through act 4 and 50 percent of uncollected with only 5 r5 4s and all of them from the first 8 months of the game except one. With Thor, Hulk, Scarlett Witch, Black Widow and Arch Angel i have gotten withing 6 paths of uncollected. I just now need to rank newer champs. So i will probable never rank 4s after i rank the next few. None of my 5s have been ranked beyond r2 but i am still able to make the break through in any arena but the featured 5 arena and eventually i will rule that arena as well.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    But having a big roster can help if you are patient as you build it. My roster is big, and because it is, i can pick and choose who i raise and raise an entire synergized team all at once, and in fact i am going to do just that! Because i have been patiently holding my t4ccs i now have the materials to rank 11 champs...i will rank 3 shortly! Spidey stark, Ghost rider, and Blade...later maybe Domino, and Hyperion...i have all but 2 of the god tier at the 4star level! Difference between me and other players? I waited and did not pounce on raising them the second i got them...now i can leisurely rank any god champ, beyond god champ, or not so godly champ i want. So a broad roster is a good thing paid for in $ or paid for, like me, with grinding like there is no tomorrow...
  • Blazerg2Blazerg2 Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    No cristal do cavaleiro não deveria ter herói de 3* tira isso kabam
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    We need to make thanos available in normal crystals..to achieve balance