**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ok, it's happened again..

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
Win a tier 5 war.
Get promoted to tier 4.
Find match.
Drop to tier 5.
Even though our multiplier is still listed as the tier 4 multliplier (that we earned by winning wars), at the conclusion of the war, we will see we have only been awarded the tier 5 multiplier. I know this because it's already happened once this season. We've only lost one war this season (the war that the game crashed at the end) and we are not receiving the multipliers we have earned. This seems to be a brand new thing that is taking place post matchmaking system changes?

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    It's just that this never used to happen previously. In seasons 1-7 we have never won a war and gone down a tier after winning. Now in season 8 it happens twice in 3 wars? Just seems odd.
    It feels like a result of the new system.
    Is it based on war rating?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/128325/aw-tier-multiplyer-vs-tier-maps#latest

please see and use this thread.
    already an active discussion

but to summarise I believe you are right.

"this has happened 3 times this season
    We won a war and moved to t6. next war was only t7 multiplier.
    We won another war later and moved to t5 next war was only t6 multiplier.
    We just won again and moved to t4. this war is only t5 multiplier.

it seems to be locking you in at your current tier when you enlist for war.
    so after you win and your tier changes it doesnt update.
    this is a big error costing many alliances many points but kabam has so far said nothing on it.

we have won every war this season. all 7 so far.
    and we have seen this everytime we have moved up a tier."
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Some alliance won war while you were matching and took your place

That should be impossible under the new system and would have to be a bug if it does. The latest a war can end is when match making begins, and only if an alliance somehow gets matched at the last second during the match window (i.e. 7pm Pacific). Any alliance matching earlier than 7pm Pacific should be starting and ending attack phase before 3pm Pacific when the next match making window begins. Someone matching at exactly 7pm somehow would be ending at exactly 3pm the moment match making starts for the next war, and the only alliances that should be matching that late if any would be the lowest tier alliances who could not possibly change the rankings for any higher tier.
    DNA3000 said:

Some alliance won war while you were matching and took your place

That should be impossible under the new system and would have to be a bug if it does. The latest a war can end is when match making begins, and only if an alliance somehow gets matched at the last second during the match window (i.e. 7pm Pacific). Any alliance matching earlier than 7pm Pacific should be starting and ending attack phase before 3pm Pacific when the next match making window begins. Someone matching at exactly 7pm somehow would be ending at exactly 3pm the moment match making starts for the next war, and the only alliances that should be matching that late if any would be the lowest tier alliances who could not possibly change the rankings for any higher tier.
    @DNA3000
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/128325/aw-tier-multiplyer-vs-tier-maps#latest

I think I know wat is happening as I posted here after your comment there.
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for all the feedback! The only other bit of information I can add is that the first time this happened to us.. we were in tier 5 at the time of enlistment.. then won, then actually got demoted to tier 6. So, in that case it wasn't even an instance of current tier being locked in at enlistment. We were in tier 5 to start, then won, then got demoted a tier.. I think.. but I'm relying on memory at this point, which isn't really the best:)
    never heard on demotion after win happening before. but technically possible if you were right on the cusp and the win only gave a small amount of victory points.
    it is possible the the WR required to be in T5 had increased slightly and you no longer met that requirement.
    and I am always sceptical and never rely on someones memory when collecting and analysing data and stats
    edited March 2019
    No, I am certain we won a tier 5 war, then were bumped to tier 6. It's *when* the bump occurred that I can't remember. During enlistment or during matching..etc.
    There are multiple threads/reports of this. Something is clearly happening differently from all the previous seasons.
    Just throwing these into the thread so we won't have to rely on my memory this time:)