**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone know how to beat thing on all or nothing mini

A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
Im not very confident against him... I know you usually have to bait specials to stop him going unstoppable and get rid of his charges... So how do you stop that? Besides an OG vision which none of us have? But even then he'll still go unstoppable, any tips or tricks anyone's learned?? Greatly appreciated

Alpha Scorpion

Comments

• PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited March 2019
    Hawkeye, Dr Voodoo (s2 on even combo), Vision AoU, SL (if he does power drain on s2/3), Winter Soldier etc.

I prefer all or nothing nodes, because I always have at least one power control champ, usually 2. My AW attack/AQ team is HawkEye, Dr Voodoo and either 5* Storm or 6* Cap WWII.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Player said:

Hawkeye, Dr Voodoo (s2 on even combo), Vision AoU, SL (if he does power drain on s2/3), Winter Soldier etc.

I prefer all or nothing nodes, because I always have at least one power control champ, usually 2. My AW attack/AQ team is HawkEye, Dr Voodoo and either 5* Storm or 6* Cap WWII.

Appreciate those suggestions however although they stop him from getting sp3 but what about unstoppable??

Alpha Scorpion
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    Quake is the only answer for aon thing atm( that i can think off rn).
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited March 2019
    Which quest is this? I usually back off when Thing goes Unstoppable until he isn’t then attack tentatively :)

But Quake should work too.
    Player said:

Which quest is this? I usually back off when Thing goes Unstoppable until he isn’t then attack tentatively :)

@Player
    @Alpha Scorpion is talking about AW aon node. quake is probably the only counter against him on that node.
    Waboba said:

Player said:

@Player
    @Alpha Scorpion is talking about AW aon node. quake is probably the only counter against him on that node.
    Better accept this as a loss or get spending then... No one in my Bg has a quake above r3 available for attack... And aren't totally comfortable using her.. Certainly not to the point that they can one shot! We'll do our best! Can't believe they designed someone with only one counter though! Thank you for your suggestions
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Depends on the pi. If i could get charges i would use my corvus glaive with suicides and boosts with an invulnerability boost. If he was still alive and you pushed him to an l3 you could tank it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Waboba said:

Quake is the only answer for aon thing atm( that i can think off rn).

This is what I was going to suggest.
    Str said:

Depends on the pi. If i could get charges i would use my corvus glaive with suicides and boosts with an invulnerability boost. If he was still alive and you pushed him to an l3 you could tank it.

@Str The problem is, that after the thing throws his sp3, he becomes unblockable and unstoppable for 8 seconds.
    Theres only one counter for him, and its quake.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Sparky and his taunt ability works well for this, throw in his heavy for even more control.
    edited March 2019
    Assail said:

Sparky and his taunt ability works well for this, throw in his heavy for even more control.

its aon, taunt won't do nothing against it, and you only power drain with the heavy every 30 sec, if you get more than 15 hits on thing, without him throwing an sp, he becomes unblockable and unstoppable for 5 sec.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Waboba said:

Assail said:

its aon, taunt won't do nothing against it, and you only power drain with the heavy every 30 sec, if you get more than 15 hits on thing, without him throwing an sp, he becomes unblockable and unstoppable for 5 sec.
    Wrong. Taunt can bypass all or nothing.
    Assail said:

Waboba said:

Assail said:

Wrong. Taunt can bypass all or nothing.
    Oof, something I didn't knew.
    Then ig sparky can do it.
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge on taunt.
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    I think SS? Taunt? For specials when he's at sp2 and 15 rock stacks?
    Or Blade with Invulnerability boost, so he can remove rock stacks with Bleed.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    Killmonger can *kind of* handle it. His bleeds can keep the stack down a little, and if you use an sp2 to push him to sp3, you can tank the damage and play keep away for 8 seconds with the remaining two indestructible charges.

I haven’t personally tried this, because I don’t take that path, but in theory I think it would work. I’ve used KM against every Thing in solo content thus far.
    edited March 2019

Killmonger can *kind of* handle it. His bleeds can keep the stack down a little, and if you use an sp2 to push him to sp3, you can tank the damage and play keep away for 8 seconds with the remaining two indestructible charges.

I haven’t personally tried this, because I don’t take that path, but in theory I think it would work. I’ve used KM against every Thing in solo content thus far.

That could work, the only problem is the keep away playstyle, its a bit hard to do it, and if you mess up more than once (once=one five hit combo) it will cost a death, and km usually is thrown in defense.
    You can totally do it with km, gwenpool, and blade etc , if you manage to play keep away, the only problem is that its risky. The safest counters( from what i can see) for that aon thing are sparky ( nice call there, @Assail ) , and quake.
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Atm bro unfortunately quake is the only counter except maybe spark who is a so so counter.. If u dont hv quake then a 5/65 spark can get through in couple tries...at least u clear a group
    edited March 2019

Atm bro unfortunately quake is the only counter except maybe spark who is a so so counter.. If u dont hv quake then a 5/65 spark can get through in couple tries...at least u clear a group

Unfortunately my best quake is a 3/30 4 star! Thankfully we won in the end with a couple revives for that node, seems really badly thought out though for there to literally be only one or 2 counters to that! Aww well! Thanks guys.

Alpha Scorpion

Unfortunately my best quake is a 3/30 4 star! Thankfully we won in the end with a couple revives for that node, seems really badly thought out though for there to literally be only one or 2 counters to that! Aww well! Thanks guys.

Alpha Scorpion
    Yeh, hes a tough one, glad y'all managed to win the war.
  • Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    How about SheHulk? I do not have her, but she can bypass the unstoppable with the slow debuff. Also she applies taunts now right to bypass the AON?
    edited March 2019
    Goose_81 said:

How about SheHulk? I do not have her, but she can bypass the unstoppable with the slow debuff. Also she applies taunts now right to bypass the AON?

Yes, she-hulk's taunt bypasses AON, when it comes to removing the unstoppable debuff, i understand that it puts a slow debuff preventing him from becoming unstoppable for the next x seconds but, when she hits them with her heavy attack it says that it removes the unstoppable buffs that thing has atm, as it states here(took it from her champion spotlight):
    If the opponent is Unstoppable, this attack cannot be interrupted. If the attack lands, the Unstoppable effect is removed and She-Hulk gains a Passive Fury, increasing attack by 882 for 8 seconds.

So lets say i use she hulk's heavy while he is unstoppable, will it remove(nullify?) the unstoppable that he has atm?
    or will he still be unstoppable during those 5 seconds, even after i land that heavy during that time, and only after those 5 seconds, her slow debuff will prevent the thing from becoming unstoppable again during the duration of the slow debuff(since he is immune to nullify)?
    Sorry if what is written sounds really weird and difficult to understand.
    Goose_81 said:

That's a very good point... Pretty certain she has more chance to force a special move the more furies she has... Could work! Thing cannot be nullified but it might stop it from activating altogether... Which if that works so would spidergwen on a heavy attack?

Goose_81 said:

Thing cannot be nullified but it might stop it from activating altogether...
    Thats what i don't understand, is if when she-hulk's throwing an heavy while he is unstoppable, will her effect of instantly removing the unstoppable counts as a nullify.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    QUAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SG would work to prevent the unstoppable. I’ve tested that. Also SG has enverate on the L1, so with the right skill she may work for the AON as well.
    Waboba said:

Yes, she-hulk's taunt bypasses AON, when it comes to removing the unstoppable debuff, i understand that it puts a slow debuff preventing him from becoming unstoppable for the next x seconds but, when she hits them with her heavy attack it says that it removes the unstoppable buffs that thing has atm, as it states here(took it from her champion spotlight):
    If the opponent is Unstoppable, this attack cannot be interrupted. If the attack lands, the Unstoppable effect is removed and She-Hulk gains a Passive Fury, increasing attack by 882 for 8 seconds.

So lets say i use she hulk's heavy while he is unstoppable, will it remove(nullify?) the unstoppable that he has atm?
    or will he still be unstoppable during those 5 seconds, even after i land that heavy during that time, and only after those 5 seconds, her slow debuff will prevent the thing from becoming unstoppable again during the duration of the slow debuff(since he is immune to nullify)?
    Sorry if what is written sounds really weird and difficult to understand.

My understanding is She Hulk will punch through the unstoppable with a heavy attack effectively nullify it. Plus her heavy places a slow debuff which will prevent it from ever occurring. So if you use heavies and keep a slow debuff on him you would prevent the unstoppable buff. Then utilize the taunts to bait specials.