**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is the alternative to arena????

Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
Hi everyone

My question is:
What is the best path to progress for people who don't grind arenas heavily (just like me, I'm not an arena grinder) ???

Please comment and throw some light on the topic.....

Comments

• Are you asking “Are there other fights I could be doing instead, and spending the same amount of time logged into game doing?”

Probably not. After you’ve used your available quest energy each day, Arena is the best place to get additional Units, Battlechips (which when opened turn into mode Units), PC's Gold, etc.
    It's not just the end points in Arena, it's all the Milestone Level stuff you can get along the way., although finishing higher to earn some Rank rewards is of benefit too (even if just 30-60% Rank levels)
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Story content then monthly event quests.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Also dungeons when they’re on. Takes less time than grinding arenas if you have a good partner.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Your progress will be dramatically slower if you don't grind arena.

The 4 star basic arena twice a week gives out in milestones:

135 units.
    14000 phc shards
    13500 battle crystals
    23000 gold
    Rank rewards: 500 four * shards. 200 five * shards

Times that by two.

270 units
    28000 phc shards
    27000 battle crystals.
    46000 gold

You also would get the 11-25% rank rewards most weeks giving an additional 500 four star shards and 200 five star shards

Again you can get that twice.

This also doesn't account for the battle crystals for the individual fights and the gold which adds up a ton.

That's just one arena.

You want a deep roster where someday you get lots of Max sig crystals you have to spend tons of money or grind arena.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Simple answer - Money
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

Simple answer - Money

Name doesn’t check out
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★

Your progress will be dramatically slower if you don't grind arena.

The 4 star basic arena twice a week gives out in milestones:

135 units.
    14000 phc shards
    13500 battle crystals
    23000 gold
    Rank rewards: 500 four * shards. 200 five * shards

Times that by two.

270 units
    28000 phc shards
    27000 battle crystals.
    46000 gold

You also would get the 11-25% rank rewards most weeks giving an additional 500 four star shards and 200 five star shards

Again you can get that twice.

This also doesn't account for the battle crystals for the individual fights and the gold which adds up a ton.

That's just one arena.

You want a deep roster where someday you get lots of Max sig crystals you have to spend tons of money or grind arena.

Thanks bro
  • Edgecrusher_13Edgecrusher_13 Posts: 53
    What’s your roster like? I find getting a heap on 4* r3 champs helps get all rewards in 4* basic arena.

Not a keen grinder but as others say, it’s a necessary evil, particularly when you need carb cores when doing ftp.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Grinding gets to be less of a labor the deeper your roster gets, and thus requires less time to get above 10%. Winning the top prize in 5* is most likely account sharing, bots or spending... I could almost crack the top 200 when the scores are around 20 mil.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    There is no alternative to arena in terms of gold and iso income, and without gold and iso you cannot rank champions, so I would say it's necessary to grind it if you want to progress. You can also use that to practice skills like intercepting and avoiding specials, making you better player
  • Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★

What’s your roster like? I find getting a heap on 4* r3 champs helps get all rewards in 4* basic arena.

Not a keen grinder but as others say, it’s a necessary evil, particularly when you need carb cores when doing ftp.

Thats the main problem....poor roster
    only 8 four star champions
    three are r4(hulk,hawkeye & dr strange)
    others are not that good champs(magneto,taskmaster,loki,howard the duck,hulkbuster)

Basically because my account is just below 4 years ( created 2015 feb)
    but then i couldnt play the game for straight 2 years and 10 months.......whatever i played, i could bring it to this level ( summoner level 42 ,63k rating, just "1" 5 star champion (rocket raccoon) and low prestige

now i think arena can only save me.....

thanks for the tips guys