**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Skrulls Question

HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR CAPTAIN MARVEL MOVIE!

Also, if your reply contains spoilers, please mark with the spoiler tag.

[SPOILER]Just saw Captain Marvel tonight, and I had a question:

While I have not always been the biggest fan of FF and related media; my entire history with the Marvel universe has always understood the Skrulls as being villains. Did I miss something along the way? When did they become a race we're supposed to sympathize with? Was this done just for the movie?

Even in the game they are portrayed as villains. I feel like I'm missing something here. [/spoiler]

Comments

• Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Hamin said:

While I have not always been the biggest fan of FF and related media; my entire history with the Marvel universe has always understood the Skrulls as being villains. Did I miss something along the way? When did they become a race we're supposed to sympathize with? Was this done just for the movie?

Even in the game they are portrayed as villains. I feel like I'm missing something here. [/spoiler]

Basically for the same reason that venom was an anti hero in his movie and tony stark made Peter Parker’s suit—just a movie adaptation
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Hamin said:

Basically for the same reason that venom was an anti hero in his movie and tony stark made Peter Parker’s suit—just a movie adaptation
    I thought so. It just seemed strange.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★

Hamin said:

How do you type with spoilers?
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Open bracket, spoiler, closed bracket, type your message, open bracket, slash, spoiler, closed bracket

[ spoiler ] message [ / spoiler ]

Without the spaces
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited March 2019
    Hamin said:

Open bracket, spoiler, closed bracket, type your message, open bracket, slash, spoiler, closed bracket

Without the spaces

Think that was the older formatting method (using square block quotes), now it uses angle brackets (less than and greater than symbols). But can easily insert it by drop down Paragraph symbol (reverse P) in formatting bar above edit box (Spoiler is bottom option under Heading 1/2, etc).

< div class="Spoiler" >text< /div >
    Added spaces surrounding brackets to visibly see it without it interpreting it as a spoiler.
    EDIT.. actually guess both ways work, just that the drop down Paragraph formatting will insert using the angle brackets, but you can manually type the square bracket method and wording as well.

And....
    The way Fury loses his eye is just plain out lazy writing, could have been a much more interesting part of the story if it were from something else (admittedly haven’t read the comics to know whether that was “Canon” or not). And yes, Skrulls seemed to be at odds with how people had been describing them beforehand.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,674 ★★★★★
    Actually if you read the comics you'll every understand that the kree are the warlike race who killed the coati first then the skrulls. The skrulls were a diplomatic race. Captain marvel actually portrayed them the correct way. But you have to do alot of digging in the comics to realize this. Quite the masterful move honestly.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,674 ★★★★★
    https://screenrant.com/captain-marvel-twist-spoiler-
    This will help to understand that supposed twist to the story.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I don’t even want to say anything cause it could definitely be used against me down the road...but just look up some review videos (the more negative ones in general, a few positive ones point it out as well) and you will see the hidden message. That’s all.

Lol also ^ your link doesn’t work, or my browser is weird
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    edited March 2019
    ok.. I tried using that spoiler thing, but it didn't work.
    The skrulls are still bad guys, and we will probably still see The secret invasion story arc, due to, somehow Talo's daughter becoming ruthless, to the point where she rebels against her father, and then creating the secret invansion arc. Im too lazy to explain this reddit theory, so ill just put the link here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/az8j1t/captain_marvel_skrulls_in_the_future/
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
    i highly think that this could really happen, because its probably the only way that we could get this arc.
  • Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I just want to point out a couple things that are important to remember:

Every hero is the villain in someone else’s story.

Every villain is the hero in their own story.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★

Hamin said:

Without the spaces

Think that was the older formatting method (using square block quotes), now it uses angle brackets (less than and greater than symbols). But can easily insert it by drop down Paragraph symbol (reverse P) in formatting bar above edit box (Spoiler is bottom option under Heading 1/2, etc).

< div class="Spoiler" >text< /div >
    Added spaces surrounding brackets to visibly see it without it interpreting it as a spoiler.
    EDIT.. actually guess both ways work, just that the drop down Paragraph formatting will insert using the angle brackets, but you can manually type the square bracket method and wording as well.

And....
    The way Fury loses his eye is just plain out lazy writing, could have been a much more interesting part of the story if it were from something else (admittedly haven’t read the comics to know whether that was “Canon” or not). And yes, Skrulls seemed to be at odds with how people had been describing them beforehand.
    It may be lazy, but it adds some great humor, especially if you went in to the movie thinking about the big deal they made about how he lost his eye in winter soldier
    thanks @Kabam Vydious ^-^
  • Talos did mention in the movie that the Skrulls have been divided into many factions ever since their home world was destroyed. The ones we saw in CM are only one small group. We’ll probably be seeing more villainous Skrulls in the future