**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

OP AI

Idk if this happens to anyone else but im a free tk play player of 4 years, i am well aware of the ins and outs of the most complex fights and it all started about a month or two back but the AI has been parrying,intercepting me and everything, its as if im fighting dorky diggedy dave.
Anyways this usually occurs whenever i get clipped or something and am forced to use revives cause out of nowhere then they decimate my champs with like back drop intercepts and parries and all kinds of stuff and i really hope this gets some traction if anyone else seems to go through the same thing

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Yeah the AI has shifted timing. No idea if it's bug or intended or not, but it's there. Whiffing is common. I don't even call it Intercept because it's literally just whiffing me whenever I come at it. It's almost predictive how it will stop short of Parry, hit you as you come forward, dash faster than Evade, will either go passive and wait for you to move or string Combos together one after another. In Fury's, I spent 350 Units taking Sinister down because the reactions are all off. Most of the time when the AI attacks, my controls will delay a second or two. It's not just you. Lol. Something is shifted.

OMG you know a problem is serious when it makes this guy question kabam
    LOL. Not really questioning much. I just don't have any evidence either way. Could be a bug, or Android-related. There's nothing I've read about changes to AI. Not really trying to generate or feed any conspiracy. All I know is it's different and I don't like it at all. Lol. Just wanted the OP to know they're not alone in noticing.
  • ThugsmurfThugsmurf Posts: 85
    I agree completely, infact ita tbe latest furys quest that made me make this post in the first place,i really had to look over sentinels info cause i thought as "he gains analysis he adapts to your play style" or something lmao
    Just a quick update: today i got parried on my second light hit in my 5 hit combo
    It's amped up, no question. Arena is hit-or-miss. Some Fights are literally all Parried. The quick Evade is driving me nuts. Way too aggressive AI. I mean, I'm doing it. It's just way too much added frustration. Knockback is so far that you can't Medium without them hitting you no matter how quick. Reaction times are insane. Too amped is my opinion. I like a challenge, but not when the AI becomes that quick.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    They said they fixed it but it still seems a tad bit off for me
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I think the AI changes a bit depending on the content Kabam releases, and of course depending on the champion you’re fighting. I have been parried agianst AI a few times, but I haven’t noticed any different reactions from AI. However, I play on a relatively new Apple device, so it might be a lag issue. I have noticed some fights lagging in the middle, but it hasn’t affected my playing other than occasionally throwing off my rhythm if I’m not paying attention.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★

Yeah the AI has shifted timing. No idea if it's bug or intended or not, but it's there. Whiffing is common. I don't even call it Intercept because it's literally just whiffing me whenever I come at it. It's almost predictive how it will stop short of Parry, hit you as you come forward, dash faster than Evade, will either go passive and wait for you to move or string Combos together one after another. In Fury's, I spent 350 Units taking Sinister down because the reactions are all off. Most of the time when the AI attacks, my controls will delay a second or two. It's not just you. Lol. Something is shifted.

OMG you know a problem is serious when it makes this guy question kabam
    LOL. Not really questioning much. I just don't have any evidence either way. Could be a bug, or Android-related. There's nothing I've read about changes to AI. Not really trying to generate or feed any conspiracy. All I know is it's different and I don't like it at all. Lol. Just wanted the OP to know they're not alone in noticing.
    Just because they haven't posted anything about changes doesn't mean they haven't made them.....
    If you think Kabam let's us know about every change they make, you're giving them waaaay more credit than they deserve.
  • Fighting against VISION, after he does an SP1 and you block it, you used to be able to rush at him right afterwards and begin a combo. Lately, Vision has been reacting faster now and has actually evaded back before you can land your beginning hit on him after his SP1.

Never saw that before in 4 years (even against real opponents),, and now has happened at least twice (AQ Map-5, first section inner-left I think), so it is NOT even a real player opponent with masteries, etc.

The AI of this game progresses alongside all the other aspects. This forces you to adapt and stay on your toes, instead of tapping the screen to victory.
    Learn to read them and anticipate.
    If they parry you, you gave them the chance. They can do the same m-l-l-l-m-parry-repeat thing as you, if you give them the chance that is.
    If you got intercepted you also gave them the chance. If they give you trouble when you rush them, why not make them rush you?

It's all about AI manipulation. And that is part of what people mean, when they talk about "skill" in this game. It's not only timing, mostly it's anticipation.

That captain marvel sp1 is too fast for you to evade? If you manipulate her to throw it, she can't really catch you off guard whether she throws it or not.

The new captain marvel is actually a great place to learn one or two things. (At least in uc) her AI is really really aggressive. Sometimes she throws a whole 5 hit combo, while you're evading her hits jumping backwards.
    She just loves to try to rush you or throw a special, when you stand open or dash back. And the first few times she'll most likely get you. But once you figured her out, you only need to evade on time after doing something that might trigger her AI to do X.

This is part of the learning curve for this game. It definitely isn't a bug or anything.

Bro ive been playing for years , i understand all of what you are talking about but today for instance i was going for a 5 hit combo and i hit a medium that connected then a light that connected then i was flowing into my second light and got parried, also when i was using domino the first part of her heavy hit then they threw a special before she could drop her grenade after the damage numbers showed up and they had the stun animation and everything
    And when i say i am aware of the ins and outs of fights i am fully aware of aggressive and defensive ai but they fight LIKE EXPERT PLAYERS i used to be able take on like 25k pi aq bosses with like 3/30 antman before the synergies I KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND PLAY WELL its not a user error
    edited March 2019

The AI of this game progresses alongside all the other aspects. This forces you to adapt and stay on your toes, instead of tapping the screen to victory.
    Learn to read them and anticipate.
    If they parry you, you gave them the chance. They can do the same m-l-l-l-m-parry-repeat thing as you, if you give them the chance that is.
    If you got intercepted you also gave them the chance. If they give you trouble when you rush them, why not make them rush you?

It's all about AI manipulation. And that is part of what people mean, when they talk about "skill" in this game. It's not only timing, mostly it's anticipation.

That captain marvel sp1 is too fast for you to evade? If you manipulate her to throw it, she can't really catch you off guard whether she throws it or not.

The new captain marvel is actually a great place to learn one or two things. (At least in uc) her AI is really really aggressive. Sometimes she throws a whole 5 hit combo, while you're evading her hits jumping backwards.
    She just loves to try to rush you or throw a special, when you stand open or dash back. And the first few times she'll most likely get you. But once you figured her out, you only need to evade on time after doing something that might trigger her AI to do X.

This is part of the learning curve for this game. It definitely isn't a bug or anything.

That's not an acceptable form of learning curve for me. When you're learning how to deal with new and different Champs and Node combinations on a monthly basis, and you add varying AI speeds, that becomes magnified. Even still, I could understand the need to switch things up after so much time, but it's literally over the top. You can barely get a hit in now unless you're finding in-between spots, in the most basic Fights, like Arena, AQ, War, etc. Much less the more crucial ones where you get whiffed and you die. When the AI is as fast as that and predicting your every move and responding to it immediately, that's not an adaptation I want to see in a game that is already adding adaptations. It's too much. It needs to be looked at, because there's nothing reasonable about it. Take the Evade for example. At any point when you're launching an attack, it will jerk back. Even in the middle of Specials. You can't launch a Medium because it will speed up faster than you're coming at it and Counter automatically. I'm sorry, but that's not something I support messing with if your theory is true. That's messed up. It's too sped up.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I've gotten crushed several times by Medusa on node 28 this season when I soloed her with 0 problems in the last almost every fight. She just comes without stopping.

I also get parried with 1 or 2 fury and when I hit on her block too.
  • ElGuapoElGuapo Posts: 32
    It's happening to everyone almost. If it isn't a speed up AI, it's them Dropping your inputs, or Messing with the Frame-Rate. It may not be intentional, but no one is doing anything to stop it.
  • ElGuapoElGuapo Posts: 32

Too many changes without notice. AI got 10x better and we can’t end timed fights with an l3 anymore. You’ll time out mid animation now.

I noticed that too sometimes. It's like they have some type of safeguard. It's like No way they could've survived that. They do :)
    Truth be told, I don't care why, I'm not a fan. LOL.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Every single fight ends with them being 1% health and u need to hit then again now. It really obvious and ridiculous.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    I've definitely seen some frame skipping and I'm totally sure about that.
    Also, why in the world is Master AI more difficult than uncollected AI?
  • sometimes the reaction speed of the AI ​​is just phenomenal, there was a moment when the AI ​​did a heavy blow, I ran away and immediately rushed to him, but he mated me and there were many more moments when the AI ​​had an advantage over the player
  • guys it seems to me that everything is fine with the AI, it’s just a very large frame drop, now it was fighting with the spiderman and he behaved like a modified AI, but in a split second he moved to the other end of the arena and there was still a moment today when the cyclops attacked heavily ( the image stretched out for the first time) and got me even though I ran two or three steps, I’m already afraid to play the war, because I’m dying on weak cells, before problems were only delivered by the boss and the mini-boss.
    edited March 2019
    No, the response time is too fast for it to be a framerate drop. It's immediately following controls. Something has shifted.