**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Are you running out of gold?

Comments

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    Yes, but only because Ive ranked a 5/65, several 4/55 and 2 6* in last month.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169 β˜…
    Yes
    Drooped2 said:

Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

The gold issue only seems to effect guys not putting in the effort to get gold..

Hemm maybe theres an effort problem

Yes, thank you. Exactly. This game is designed to require extreme effort if you don't want to pay to win. That's how it works.
    That's the thing though not everyone can stay up late every single night to grind arena in attempt to get more gold, even people in the thread like Jaded are claiming to be having an issue with gold the game is progressing in certain regards but aren't in others one of which is gold.
    Not everyone can stay up late studying to be a doctor we shouldnt just say that's ok and grant them a phd.

Things are earned and effort is required to earn things.

More time = more earnings
    It's a simple concept.
    And shouldnt ever change.

The gold issue is non existant if you put in the effort
    I agree, I’m not saying it shouldn’t, was simply saying, yes, I too am low on gold.

I defended my PhD thesis last week and certainly agree that hard work is required. That said, I’m going to start working again soon and I know I’ll have very little time to grind. I’ll probably just get units and avail myself of the Uncollected Gold crystal option.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 540 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No
    I have 16 million gold, just resource management, grind arena, sell expiring ISO and only rank up what's needed rather than wasting gold on 2 3 and 4 stars and you'll have loads πŸ‘Œ
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes

You don't need to Grind that much. You just have to make a minimum effort and not go for broke taking a 5* to R4 all at once.

Clearly not listening, how am I supposed to take 5* to R4 all at once if I have to grind out 20+ hours of arena every week just to be able to up my next one. When you have a roster in the mid to low tier range you always have something to rank, why if you can’t spend the time on arena should you have to wait a month just to be able to rank it to R3 or R4? Players lose interest when this happens. (I’m not one of them). really not asking the world to have kabam give us a gold arena to grind out every Sunday instead of a useless arena as is the case at the moment. It’s not like they’d be giving it away, you’d still have to put the hours in πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.
    Yes

Ranking too many champs. Be more selective. Wait for level ups. Rank up your best champion for that event, and only use proper iso class. It helps.

Sort of. I ranked up champs recently to assist in the Fury EQ and the monthly EQ. The best champs for a certain event often go unused/unranked due to other champs being stronger overall. Case in point: Thor (Jane Foster). My 4* has been at 3/30 for ages. Just ranked her up to help against Captain Marvel.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    Side note, it would be so much easier to manage ISO if we could sell them straight from the overflow stash. I don't like the idea of throwing away the t5 class ISO in my inventory just so I can claim the ISO I intend to sell away.
  • Only_AlonerOnly_Aloner Posts: 141 β˜…
    Yes
    I have 100k gold and i cant rank up my korg to r5 only because of this
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 β˜…β˜…
    Instead of grind one arena to the Max, grind all arenas to a lower milestone. First 4 milestones have the bulk of the gold available from milestones so doing that will net you a lot of gold, also save all your gold crystals for summoner appreciation. Last but most important is intelligent rank ups, you don't need to take up each and every champ in your roster.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited March 2019
    No

You don't need to Grind that much. You just have to make a minimum effort and not go for broke taking a 5* to R4 all at once.

Clearly not listening, how am I supposed to take 5* to R4 all at once if I have to grind out 20+ hours of arena every week just to be able to up my next one. When you have a roster in the mid to low tier range you always have something to rank, why if you can’t spend the time on arena should you have to wait a month just to be able to rank it to R3 or R4? Players lose interest when this happens. (I’m not one of them). really not asking the world to have kabam give us a gold arena to grind out every Sunday instead of a useless arena as is the case at the moment. It’s not like they’d be giving it away, you’d still have to put the hours in πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ.
    I just said you don't need to Grind 20 hours a week. How long does it take to hit the first 3 or 4 Milestones in a few Arenas? An hour? Every 3 days. Thats at least 10-20k in BCs, plus Gold. More if you want more. The Arena isn't the only source for Gold.
    I always have something to Rank. I always Rank something. I just don't do more than one Rank at a time with my 5*s. Not until I've replenished some Gold. The subject of Gold comes up I don't know how many times, and it's really about spending habits. If you want to take higher Champs up, you'll need more Gold. It'll take a while to replenish it.
    I never run out of Gold because I never spend it all. I keep a minimum balance of 5 Mil. I Rank something all the time, but don't go for broke. When I do an expensive Ranking, I hold off until I replace the Gold I used up. It's simple budgeting. If you're spending it faster than you're making it, and not taking time to save it, you'll always be broke. They could open Halls of Fortune everyday and some would still be broke because they have to learn how to manage their "money". ;)
    Yes

Side note, it would be so much easier to manage ISO if we could sell them straight from the overflow stash. I don't like the idea of throwing away the t5 class ISO in my inventory just so I can claim the ISO I intend to sell away.

I use th filter option to exclude any iso I don’t want to sell.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

pro tip. after levelling a champ, fill ur inventory with the lowest basic iso u have. this way all iso u get will go straight to stash
    when you need to seel expiring iso you just sell the **** first.
    when you want to level up just sell the basic in ur inventory and then claim your class.

my inventory only contains 75 or 125 basic iso unless I am actively ranking someone.
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    lol Don’t talk to me like you’re a financial planner hoss. It takes what, close to 1 mil to rank up a champ for 3 to 4? I have ghost, korg, domino and ST all sitting at R3 with cats ready to go. Am I meant to not rank them? I grind out 20+ hours a week because I want to rank them as quickly as possible, happy doing it but the fact you HAVE to do it if you want to take them there in a timely fashion (probably going to take 2 months) is plain silly. Dungeons are fine but they are intermittent. Again, people get burnt out fairly easy and it becomes a chore more then something you enjoy. Would you honestly be opposed to a weekly gold arena that offers 200k? 6* are now more prevalent and in the future you are going to need to take them to R2 and 3 as well. The game needs to evolve with the champs. Get off that high horse of yours and hear the view of the majority of players trying to keep up with the content, congrats on getting that 20m stash of yours, can’t see myself ever achieving the same feat.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No
    A Financial Planner is exactly what people need because they're living beyond their means and blaming The Economy. Lol.
    It's really more common sense than anything. If you spend big, you gotta save big.
    The whole Gold issue came up right around the time people started Ranking 5*s more than 4*s. About the same time they announced 6*s. The problem is they're used to Ranking at the speed you can Rank a 4*. 5*s and 6*s cost more. It'll take longer to save. You have to pace it. Which means you might have to wait to save now and then.
    Can't blame the system when people are going for broke. They've made Gold more avaiable in the last year. It's still going to cost more the higher up you go. Gotta hold off until you make more.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    I am running out of gold, since I finally started getting 5-stars worth ranking up! That definitely takes a lot of gold! I would say I alternate between being short on gold, ISO or catalysts.

I do understand that more time invested in the game, like grinding Arenas lika a madman would solve the problem. But, the problem for many like me is that we don't have time to spend on grinding. In my case I would probably need a deal, to buy gold at a good price, or an event quest with lots of gold in the rewards now and then. But then, I'd probably run out of ISO and have to grind quests to collect it.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 β˜…β˜…
    No
    Unfortunately i made a stupid mistake and spent back in the day 800k loyalty on 5 star UC.. he is still sitting at rank 1.... in my opinion... Loyalty is the problem now.. since its loyalty u spend to get u through war and quest if you dont want to spend real money Kabam charges you an arm and leg for the reives etc...
    edited March 2019
    Yes

A Financial Planner is exactly what people need because they're living beyond their means and blaming The Economy. Lol.
    It's really more common sense than anything. If you spend big, you gotta save big.
    The whole Gold issue came up right around the time people started Ranking 5*s more than 4*s. About the same time they announced 6*s. The problem is they're used to Ranking at the speed you can Rank a 4*. 5*s and 6*s cost more. It'll take longer to save. You have to pace it. Which means you might have to wait to save now and then.
    Can't blame the system when people are going for broke. They've made Gold more avaiable in the last year. It's still going to cost more the higher up you go. Gotta hold off until you make more.</

Sounds fun that πŸ‘ just the way a game should be. Sit and wait πŸ™„. Really not asking much for a weekly gold arena, 200k would go a long way to releasing people’s frustrations, if you’re honestly opposed to that we probably have nothing further to talk about.

edited March 2019
    Yes

Can't blame the system when people are going for broke. They've made Gold more avaiable in the last year. It's still going to cost more the higher up you go. Gotta hold off until you make more.

Sounds fun that πŸ‘. Sit and wait πŸ™„. Just the way a game should be. Are you honestly opposed to a weekly gold arena? If you are we probably have nothing further to talk about. Where there is smoke there is fire, gold is a legitimate to issue to plenty of players.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    You can grind arena, no doubt that helps, but even so you’ve gotta be very conservative with your rank ups, too conservative for my liking tbh, used to stay above 5mil with little to no arena but the moment you go on a lucky streak with 5*s it drops, really really quickly.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No
    I can grind any amount of gold anytime I need from arena, so no issue there. Sure, it would be convinient to have other sources of gold to be able to do same rankups for less effort from my part, but whatever, gold at least I have an option to grind as much as I need, unlike rankup materials, which are limited to few every month. Now that sucks
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    Player said:

I use th filter option to exclude any iso I don’t want to sell.
    I mean like, lets say my inventory is full of t5 class ISO, in order to sell off t5 basic ISO that i have in my overflow, i have to first empty my existing inventory of t5 class ISO, claim the basic ISO from overflow, THEN i can sell the basic ISO. It would have been so much easier if i could just sell the basic ISO straight from overflow.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221 β˜…
    Yes
    I dont like to grind areans just for gold (botters kill the chance at characters and I wont spend credits to refresh characters). Other games give you more options to gain gold then MCOC. Cant redo story mode for gold, Dungeons eehh somewhat ok every end of the month. The scale needs to be re-tuned as more and more get 5* and 6*.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 β˜…β˜…
    Grind arenas. You either get gold from battle chips or units. You can also use those units to buy gold crystals.
    Another great way is to do quests all the time. Get too much ISO. Sell for gold.
    Also get champions. Shards add up when you do all these. From those shards you get dupe champs. Which give you ISO. One dupe 4* can get you almost 50k gold in ISO.
    Gold is not an issue. Taking time to get it is.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196 β˜…
    Yes
    I never have enough gold. I tried grinding arenas and dungeons but it made me want to quit playing. so I quit playing any arena or dungeon, for any reason, and resigned myself to barely ever ranking champs.

it has 2 very positive side effects.
    1. I enjoy the game 1000% more because I don't waste my time in arena or dungeons.
    2. I never have to spend money to buy rank up materials anymore because they pile up quicker than the gold and quicker than the champs worth ranking.
    Yes

I am running out of gold, since I finally started getting 5-stars worth ranking up! That definitely takes a lot of gold! I would say I alternate between being short on gold, ISO or catalysts.

I do understand that more time invested in the game, like grinding Arenas lika a madman would solve the problem. But, the problem for many like me is that we don't have time to spend on grinding. In my case I would probably need a deal, to buy gold at a good price, or an event quest with lots of gold in the rewards now and then. But then, I'd probably run out of ISO and have to grind quests to collect it.

Leveling up my 3rd 6* cost me a ton of gold.
  • Yes

My issue is I ranked up AA to rank 4 and wen from 1 mil to zero, beat act 5, still not enough gold and now I want to r3 VTD but um out of gold, gold is a huge issue for me since I dont have the time or resources to grind arena

I'm almost completely in the same boat as you, I just ranked my AA up recently af
    Player said:

Leveling up my 3rd 6* cost me a ton of gold.
    doesn't taking up a 6* to level 25 cost something like 500,000 gold?
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes
    Yes, and Kabam is very well aware of the gold bottleneck as well as the community's desire for more ways to get it, and they don't care about either.
    Don't expect it to change.