**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New Game Format: Alliance Wars Brackets

Hello everyone,

Wanted to throw this idea out there to see how the community feels about this idea.

Recently due to the repetitiveness of this game, lack of rewards, etc. we see veteran players stop trying to remain competitive. All in all, this game has gone stale.

The following suggestion I believe would motivate veterans to play competitively again.

Let's hold a playoff system every 2 weeks starting with a bracket of 64 teams. So this is how we do it, take the top ranked 64 teams from alliance war ratings out of the pool. Match them up 1 vs 64, 2 vs 63, etc. Once eliminated you go back into the original pool for normal match making.

So for the first week of this event you will have 64 teams, days 1 & 2, one day for defense and one day for offense. 32 teams, days 3 & 4, teams who lost go back to normal matchmaking. 16 teams, days 5 & 6, teams who lost go back to normal matching.

For week two you have the 8 teams for the Quarter Finals, days 1 & 2. Semi Finals, 4 teams for day 3 & 4. Finals, 2 teams for day 5 & 6. Champion will be crowned by end of day 6.

This proposal can be streamlined with the way Alliance Wars is setup now. The teams out of the top 64 would just continue life as normal while those who are ranked top 64 will be placed in a bracket until they suffer a defeat.

Would also be nice to reward those alliances who achieve a spot in this bracket. Better prizes are needed so that forfeiting would be discouraged. Alliance wars are expensive, especially when you have evenly matched teams, so we need much better rewards to justify the costs. At least double the prizes for round of 64 and increase it accordingly as alliances to push forward.

Hopefully I didn't confuse everyone :)

Thoughts?

Comments

• CDNYCCDNYC Posts: 17
    edited August 2017
    Kabam, hire this man code-play!!!
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    "no mystics" say hello to spideys and NC everywhere. otherwise i love the idea
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    That is actually an awesome idea with the tourney and restrictions
  • Love the idea, fresh, creative & gives a spark to competition as well as spending for something worthwhile. Support it 100%
  • Clobberin_TimeClobberin_Time Posts: 88
    Love this, and the people surrounding it truly represent where the heart of the game is for veterans. This would also allow AQ to become slightly less competitive, and maybe have the come al be all prize be a few of those crystals that were available at Christmas while the gifting event was going on. Not the gifting crystals, but something similar. If I remember correctly, they gave 5* shards, a chance at t2A, and 5* sig stones and awakening gems.
  • Lmfao @FatherMD - we have to discuss that in Regen >:)
    Well, since kabam has stated that they want AQ to be the main source of catalysts, and AW the main source of Shards, it would have to be some sort of ultimate shard Crystal that could give a huge payoff as well as a few jewel crystals from that old login calendar, but limited to 5*.
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I think this is a terrible idea and refuse to support it.
    Who let Regen in?
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Agreed!!! Feedback from the player community is crucial to longevity and growth of this game. I hope the Kabam can implement some of the suggestions in this thread. Otherwise, AW will become stale. Players of MCOC have a great deal of motivation to succeed, but the current AW format is limited.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    For the restrictions, I think you could rotate different restrictions every cycle of AW. Other than that, this is a wonderful idea. Fully support it.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    This is something future fight has and it works a dream

Would support this for MCoC
  • Yeeesss. We need changes. Please listen to this man.
    It is so boring lately :(
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 325 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I think the real issue by the sounds of things is that being at the top all the time is boring because very few alliances are filled with individuals who can even compete with you on a skill and spending level am I wrong.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Why would you give Iso8A and MMXIV more shards? Is that fair to everyone else?
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    nice to see the whales care about the game being "stale"! like your idea, ace
  • Ghost_BlaZeGhost_BlaZe Posts: 21
    I would agree with you, but all it does is makes the cream of the crop even more separated from the top. In total they'll be around 80 alliances that could actually make it into the brackets total, so unless it's the top 64 in each tier (and you should be able to see how well you are in YOUR TEIR) I don't think it would be a good idea, or at the very least not a fair one. Good idea on paper, not so effective in actuality
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I like this idea a lot... I think it would be interesting to add a class restriction to it... so it would be a battle of just one class for offence, and one class for defense... so it could be a clash of something like -- Mutants only Defense, Skill only offence...

This way the offence always has to fight with a class disadvantage...
  • GT3_GT3_ Posts: 4
    I like the idea, just expand the pool to include more alliances. Much of the game is stale, we need fresh ideas like this to be implemented in order to bring more enjoyment to the game.
  • THX_135THX_135 Posts: 5
    This is a really good idea.

I would recommend that we expand the pool to top 100-150 top AW alliances. That way alliances can opt out if they don't want to compete for certain weeks.

if the participation prizes in this playoff bracket are really good. (ie 5,000 5* shards and 1,000 T2A shards) then it would also stop alliances from swapping down into lower war alliances for easy wins and shards.
  • VerusRexAcesVerusRexAces Posts: 34
    edited August 2017
    THX_135 wrote: »
    This is a really good idea.

I would recommend that we expand the pool to top 100-150 top AW alliances. That way alliances can opt out if they don't want to compete for certain weeks.

if the participation prizes in this playoff bracket are really good. (ie 5,000 5* shards and 1,000 T2A shards) then it would also stop alliances from swapping down into lower war alliances for easy wins and shards.

Can do top bracket 1-64

Second bracket 65-128

Third bracket 129-192

Reason why 64 teams a bracket is to do the 2-weeks per tournament. This way also helps the newer alliances avoid facing the old veterans. Since #65 will be top seed in his bracket. As would #129.

• SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    Top prize...internet ruler for epeens
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Great idea. Question though, if included in the top 64 alliances, do your war rating still go up or down for a win or a loss? I think this can have an effect if their ratings were paused and can positively create a cycling of alliances in the top spots. Also if this is the case, I can suggest this to just be the top 8 so this can only take one AW cycle so as to give these competetive alliances enough time to maintain their war ratings in the top if they lose out of the first or second match, rewards though have to be dialed down a bit compared to your top 64 war competition suggestion. And I would suggest a competition like this for each tier if possible or for every war rating bracket. I just have to note that how many war groups will be limited to who has the lesser members in a matchup. Both alliances should be able to compete with complete BGs. They can still though not put any for placement if they opted out of the competition.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
    Also to add to my above suggestion, I'd like to open up war chat with the competitor alliance once matched. hehe. if many agree to it. :)
  • VerusRexAcesVerusRexAces Posts: 34
    edited August 2017
    Great idea. Question though, if included in the top 64 alliances, do your war rating still go up or down for a win or a loss?

Each win or loss still should receive the same systemaric rating increase or decrease as our current system.

So at the end you will have a leaderboard same as now. But you will produce tournament results too.

• AndroggsAndroggs Posts: 107
    I like the idea. Are saying tourney for all tiers as well. Think it would be fair across all of mcoc. Rewards could be different for what tier your alliance is in.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I want to see aw with 1 item. The alliance we are facing heals after every fight to avoid a ko
  • Androggs wrote: »
    I like the idea. Are saying tourney for all tiers as well. Think it would be fair across all of mcoc. Rewards could be different for what tier your alliance is in.

Not sure how far Kabam would want to reward. But I think top 192 teams should be enough. Basically 3 brackets of 64.