**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tips on How to Deal with Super Defensive A.I?

So i've found that the A.I has been changed in a major way in Arena, it Absolutely will not throw specials unless its a SP3. My grind for gold in arena has become infinitely more difficult and less interesting/fun, as a result I have come to the forums in hopes that there is a new style of playing that I can learn to adapt to in order to make arena playable! So please i'm begging you HELP ME!

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    That's the problem. You can't adapt to AI that adapts to your every move just as fast as you make it.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

That's the problem. You can't adapt to AI that adapts to your every move just as fast as you make it.

It’s like fighting Sentinels...
  • That's the problem. You can't adapt to AI that adapts to your every move just as fast as you make it.

D#mn this sucks then, guess its time to stop attempting arena and just go back to being a gold nomad, which is really depressing not knowing where my next set of income is gonna come from.
    Worse. It's passive, or sped up. At any given time, it will dash back quickly, or if you move towards it, it will speed up and you eat a fist. I was in a War with Mordo, had him cornered, EVERY HEAVY was countered with Resist while he built Power. It's picking and choosing its timing, and if you're trying to hit it, it will speed up to counter. Baiting feels ancient. I've gone 60 seconds or longer (you dash, I dash). AI is just over-the-top. That's my view.
    The two that are really hocking me off are the spontaneous Evade, and stopping just short of the Parry. Ok I'm done. LOL.
  • Worse. It's passive, or sped up. At any given time, it will dash back quickly, or if you move towards it, it will speed up and you eat a fist. I was in a War with Mordo, had him cornered, EVERY HEAVY was countered with Resist while he built Power. It's picking and choosing its timing, and if you're trying to hit it, it will speed up to counter. Baiting feels ancient. I've gone 60 seconds or longer (you dash, I dash). AI is just over-the-top. That's my view.

this is one of the few things we agree on, but I couldn't have said it better my self thats exactly what the A.I does and it bloody annoying!
  • JohnyzeroJohnyzero Posts: 228
    I barely try to bait specials in arena anymore since AI just won’t throw them. I just eat the special 3 and continue on lol. If your lucky they won’t throw the sp3 either.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Worse. It's passive, or sped up. At any given time, it will dash back quickly, or if you move towards it, it will speed up and you eat a fist. I was in a War with Mordo, had him cornered, EVERY HEAVY was countered with Resist while he built Power. It's picking and choosing its timing, and if you're trying to hit it, it will speed up to counter. Baiting feels ancient. I've gone 60 seconds or longer (you dash, I dash). AI is just over-the-top. That's my view.

Which arena?
    On 4* basic, I don't seem to see what is being described.

• Worse. It's passive, or sped up. At any given time, it will dash back quickly, or if you move towards it, it will speed up and you eat a fist. I was in a War with Mordo, had him cornered, EVERY HEAVY was countered with Resist while he built Power. It's picking and choosing its timing, and if you're trying to hit it, it will speed up to counter. Baiting feels ancient. I've gone 60 seconds or longer (you dash, I dash). AI is just over-the-top. That's my view.

Which arena?

for me I do the 4* featured and it's constantly happening just in Arena though.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

The two that are really hocking me off are the spontaneous Evade, and stopping just short of the Parry. Ok I'm done. LOL.

Ikr. Especially when using quake. Can duel my butt off with quake and never have that. Take her into war and they just stop before the parry everytime.

Which arena?

Literally throughout the game for me.
    edited March 2019
    Worse in some areas. All the Infinites, it's doing it for me. Fury's Event is worse. I spent 350 Units taking down Sinister in Master because of the whiffing. I don't even call it timing issues anymore, I just call it surprise whiffing. LOL. Master does it. Uncollected isn't as bad, but it's there. War is bad. AQ is bad.
    edited March 2019

Worse in some areas. All the Infinites, it's doing it for me. Fury's Event is worse. I spent 350 Units taking down Sinister in Master because of the whiffing. I don't even call it timing issues anymore, I just call it surprise whiffing. LOL. Master does it. Uncollected isn't as bad, but it's there. War is bad. AQ is bad.

I avoided the Sentinel and took down Sinister with 5th champ.

Need to rank up Magik to deal with the robot.

Gameplay was not lagging.
    I got past him. I'm not talking about lag. I'm talking about AI behavior. It is most certainly different. There will be no convincing me otherwise. I've seen it Fight after Fight.

Which arena?

I am dragging my feet to attempt featured. Soon, I kept telling myself. :D

Which arena?

I'd say get in there and get your feet wet. Even if you don't make Ranking, you get better and better as you go. :)

Which arena?

I'd say get in there and get your feet wet. Even if you don't make Ranking, you get better and better as you go. :)
    Limited time. Playing arena means no quest for 3 days, playing quests means no arena. Soon ... I will get there (a little bit of both; quotes 🌟 Lord :D
    Cool, cool. We do what we can. :)
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    In most case, if they throw a sp3 on you, and you're at 100%, you should survive.
    Try to not get hit, and hope to not face ogHulk/Hype/Venom.
    I've noticed that the defensive AI is in matchup before infinite streak (10-20), after that, they act acording to their previous programming.
  • In most case, if they throw a sp3 on you, and you're at 100%, you should survive.
    Try to not get hit, and hope to not face ogHulk/Hype/Venom.
    I've noticed that the defensive AI is in matchup before infinite streak (10-20), after that, they act acording to their previous programming.

This is very helpful I really appreciate the insight, you might have just saved me from waiting a few weeks to take my AA up to rank 4 lmao.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    After fight 15 the AI is mostly normal. Much easier to bait specials. After 20 it's completely normal. Use maxed champs, power drain champs and champs that can surive a SP3 from 11-15
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Worst is fighting korg there!! You cant hit him in block, you cant dexterity, you can't stun!! What a **** ass champ.. i hate korg n he makes me wanna quit! Unstoppable,unblockable ever second
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Lol this thread is gonna get shut down
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    Usually when the AI doesn't want to throw specials, I just corner it into the wall and throw a heavy, while the AI is getting up, I throw a light attack just to make myself extra open. The AI almost immediately launches the special. Do it everytime and it works.
  • Lol this thread is gonna get shut down

why?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

At max rank, Stand your ground has 50% chance to proc. All RNG. RNG - random number generator. Don’t see how that has anything to do with AI. If you’re getting smacked around too much, it’s helpful to record your gameplay and review what went wrong. And try to fight the bias that it’s all the game’s fault and never the player’s fault anytime you get hit. That’s just my view.
    edited March 2019

At max rank, Stand your ground has 50% chance to proc. All RNG. RNG - random number generator. Don’t see how that has anything to do with AI. If you’re getting smacked around too much, it’s helpful to record your gameplay and review what went wrong. And try to fight the bias that it’s all the game’s fault and never the player’s fault anytime you get hit. That’s just my view.
    Did I say I was upset I got hit? Perhaps it's best to read ALL of what's being said before arguing one small point. 50% chance doesn't mean every hit. That's not even the point of what I was saying. The point is, the AI has changed, and it's become faster and more predictive. I'm not arguing it's the Player's fault. It's changed. Enough for me to complain about something. That should tell you something. As for recording my game play, I am the single-most trolled individual on the Forum. Do you really think I'm about to broadcast my Account? Nice try.
    It's beyond pretending it's not there. Sorry. I may not want to vent and rant, and start any conspiracies, but I'm not pretending for a second it's not real. Lol.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Did I say I was upset I got hit? Perhaps it's best to read ALL of what's being said before arguing one small point. 50% chance doesn't mean every hit. That's not even the point of what I was saying. The point is, the AI has changed, and it's become faster and more predictive. I'm not arguing it's the Player's fault. It's changed. Enough for me to complain about something. That should tell you something. As for recording my game play, I am the single-most trolled individual on the Forum. Do you really think I'm about to broadcast my Account? Nice try.
    Um what lol? I never claimed you to be upset. That’s wrong assumption #1. 50% chance means 50% chance, means it could trigger on 10 consecutive hits and wouldn’t be so uncommon. People have been claiming “The AI has changed, the AI has changed” for years now. At what point does this “changed AI” become the norm now. While I’ve felt controls and the AI to be inconsistent at times, it’s been the same inconsistency for a while. Also, Kabam has stated multiple times that they have not touched the AI and made no changes to it. -1 for reading comprehension.

There’s no merit to how many times you complain on the forum, and it doesn’t bolster your argument that you’re trying to say since you don’t complain often, the times that you do complain must be super serious. That’s just a poor supporting argument lol. As for recording your gameplay, that’s something for you yourself to review or perhaps within your alliance. I never asked for you to post it here nor would expect you to. Wrong assumption #2. I’ve found it helps me and my alliance when we share our fights and get feedback. And I’ve already seen your account way back when someone posted it from your Twitter, you don’t need to broadcast it anymore. Wrong assumption #3.
    Let's just call a spade, a spade and be on our way. You're arguing on the basis that it's me bringing up an issue. You've done it many times before, and I really don't have patience for it. I do not complain often. There have been very few times I've spoken out about something, and I've done so without resorting to character attacks like, say, referencing when someone's personal information was violated and broadcast online.
    The AI has absolutely changed. I've been playing the same game for over 3 years. It is not perecption, whining, play style, or any other factor thereof. It's behaving exactly as I have described. It is faster, more responsive, predictive, picks and chooses its speeds, more adept, and it is by far noticeable.
    You are free to disagree, but I'm not entertaining for a second that it is not there. Any of the other personal garb, I don't have time for. You can only try that so long before it loses effect. Good evening.