**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you running out of gold?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No
    People are griping that we have an opinion, and saying we don't care because we're sitting on Gold. We're trying to tell you why we have Gold, but it's not registering.
    There is no quick fix to spending wisely.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Yes

I said why would you have a Gold Arena, because the source of Gold is literally the Arena.

Because it takes a day of grinding to make 100k chips which drop on average what? 150k to 280k gold? You’ll still get that if you grind. A weekly gold arena isn’t going to make a casual player be able to catch up to you boss. You’re still superior, you’ll be right.
    edited March 2019
    Yes

People are griping that we have an opinion, and saying we don't care because we're sitting on Gold. We're trying to tell you why we have Gold, but it's not registering.
    There is no quick fix to spending wisely.

Lol because your opinion comes off as condescending and patronising. You said it once but shoot down multiple people in the thread every chance you get. We get it mate, you grind it out, still doesn’t mean a vast majority of players struggle with it. Again weekly gold arena is hardly going to rip the scales.
    No
    LOL. Ok then.
    Not about being superior at all. I'm trying to tell you how.
    You get Gold from a variety of sources. Not just the Arena. You add the Gold you get from other sources to that, it's easy to maintain. Let's say you only have an hour or two a day to play, and you need Gold. Are you going to run one Arena full tilt? That's a long journey......or, are you going to do a couple Milestones or 3 in multiple Arenas? Much quicker. You do a few Milestones in a number of Arenas, and get Gold and BCs. Arenas that don't even cost Gold for Matches now, so they give more Gold.
    It's not that hard. What it requires is not spending it all until you're broke. 200k by way of an Easy Street isn't going to make a bit of difference for people trying to Rank Mils. at a time. There's TWO parts to having Gold. The first is making it, the second is spending it wisely.
    Yes

LOL. Ok then.
    You get Gold from a variety of sources. Not just the Arena. You add the Gold you get from other sources to that, it's easy to maintain. Let's say you only have an hour or two a day to play, and you need Gold. Are you going to run one Arena full tilt? That's a long journey......or, are you going to do a couple Milestones or 3 in multiple Arenas? Much quicker. You do a few Milestones in a number of Arenas, and get Gold and BCs. Arenas that don't even cost Gold for Matches now, so they give more Gold.
    It's not that hard. What it requires is not spending it all until you're broke. 200k by way of an Easy Street isn't going to make a bit of difference for people trying to Rank Mils. at a time. There's TWO parts to having Gold. The first is making it, the second is spending it wisely.

Haha patronising again.
    People understand how you get it buddy, I understand how you get it. I grind it, I play my dungeons, I sell my excess ISO, you blokes didn’t invent this, you just put the time in to get that marvellous stack you’re sitting on. All the power too you mate, no-one griping with that. You’re griping with people saying they have gold issues.
    200k by a weekly arena IS going to tip the scales for the casual player. You’re not giving it to them in the mail, they still have to grind it. They just know if they put that effort in for 3-4 hours on a set day a week they are all that closer to ranking up that shiny new champ they pulled a month ago. Just the same as they do when they grind out a T4B or a T1A. Hardly asking for T5B as some other pompous hoarder suggested.
    No
    Oh. My. God.

I just told you how it's possible to do the same thing and you accused me of patronizing. The answer is right in front of peoples' noses, and it involves the same thing you just mentioned. No, that's not it. It's the game's fault.
    The game won't put the effort in for people. It's there. That's about all I have to say about that. They can make more than 200k a week doing EXACTLY what I said. No, that's being pompous and patronizing.
    How about they just change the labels on all the Arenas to Gold Arena. Would that make it work?
    Honestly.....
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    It’s weird because my alt account that does not grind arena, sit on 3 R5s, multiple R4s, approximately 7-8m of gold. Champs are ranked up selectively.

If alt accounts do not have gold issues, then besides arena, the gold in game should be sufficient unless people were spending them wantonly.

Idk. These gold “problems” sound exactly the same to me as people complaining about not having T2CC but don’t do those daily quests because it’s a chore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

LOL. Ok then.

Haha patronising again.
    People understand how you get it buddy, I understand how you get it. I grind it, I play my dungeons, I sell my excess ISO, you blokes didn’t invent this, you just put the time in to get that marvellous stack you’re sitting on. All the power too you mate, no-one griping with that. You’re griping with people saying they have gold issues.
    200k by a weekly arena IS going to tip the scales for the casual player. You’re not giving it to them in the mail, they still have to grind it. They just know if they put that effort in for 3-4 hours on a set day a week they are all that closer to ranking up that shiny new champ they pulled a month ago. Just the same as they do when they grind out a T4B or a T1A. Hardly asking for T5B as some other pompous hoarder suggested.
    So you’re saying that people “have a life and family” so they have gold issues but want to introduce an arena on SUNDAY to alleviate this problem? What happened to “life” and “family”?
    Yes

Oh. My. God.

I just told you how it's possible to do the same thing and you accused me of patronizing. The answer is right in front of peoples' noses, and it involves the same thing you just mentioned. No, that's not it. It's the game's fault.
    The game won't put the effort in for people. It's there. That's about all I have to say about that. They can make more than 200k a week doing EXACTLY what I said. No, that's being pompous and patronizing.
    How about they just change the labels on all the Arenas to Gold Arena. Would that make it work?
    Honestly.....

Plenty of that going on again I reckon
    Yes
    xNig said:

It’s weird because my alt account that does not grind arena, sit on 3 R5s, multiple R4s, approximately 7-8m of gold. Champs are ranked up selectively.

If alt accounts do not have gold issues, then besides arena, the gold in game should be sufficient unless people were spending them wantonly.

Idk. These gold “problems” sound exactly the same to me as people complaining about not having T2CC but don’t do those daily quests because it’s a chore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

LOL. Ok then.

Haha patronising again.
    So you’re saying that people “have a life and family” so they have gold issues but want to introduce an arena on SUNDAY to alleviate this problem? What happened to “life” and “family”?
    When did I use the reason that people have a life and family? All I stated is that the casual player would benefit largely and it would go a fair way to alleviating the stress of gold management FOR THE CASUAL player in having a weekly gold arena just like there is a T4B and T1A. Stop twisting words and arguing for the sake of it. You yourself have made multiple superior posts on this thread that in no way contribute to it. You’re only answer is to play more. I’m not even a casual player, grind as much as the next bloke. I’m just more inclined to understand someone else’s perspective rather then shoot it out the water. It clearly effects many in the community, you just dramatise to the point where you try to make them seem inferior.
    No
    No. None at all. I'm trying to give suggestions on what can help the problem. I'm actually using my own experience and position to help other people reach the same point. Very opposite of patronizing, actually. Problem is, it's not help that's wanted. It's a quick fix. So let me put it as plainly as I can.
    People can play at their own leisure and on their own schedule. To play in the upper Tiers and Rank the higher Champs in the game, it takes more than a few minutes of work a week. Since you want to throw my suggestions back in my face, that's about the extent of what I can say to help. If I was patronizing you, I'd say "That's ok. You'll get there someday. We all make mistakes.". I wouldn't tell you the method I use to farm Gold.
    Peace.
    edited March 2019
    Yes

No. None at all. I'm trying to give suggestions on what can help the problem. I'm actually using my own experience and position to help other people reach the same point. Very opposite of patronizing, actually. Problem is, it's not help that's wanted. It's a quick fix. So let me put it as plainly as I can.
    People can play at their own leisure and on their own schedule. To play in the upper Tiers and Rank the higher Champs in the game, it takes more than a few minutes of work a week. Since you want to throw my suggestions back in my face, that's about the extent of what I can say to help. If I was patronizing you, I'd say "That's ok. You'll get there someday. We all make mistakes.". I wouldn't tell you the method I use to farm Gold.
    Peace.

LOL ✌🏾 You speak to people as if they don’t know how you did it mate. You did it because you had the time. Everyone understands how you grind out gold in the game, you’re problem is you feel the need to explain it to them like you came up with it and they started playing yesterday. Not everyone is you and not everyone needs you to lay it out them. Not sure how many times I have to tell you I do all that. I’m just more inclined to understand and listen to the needs of others I guess rather then treat them like they aren’t doing something properly.
    A weekly gold arena isn’t easy street. It just caters to a different kind of player.
    Wish you all the best wise one ✌🏾
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Yes

If people don’t put in the effort, then why should things be made easier for them?

It is exactly the same as saying “I don’t have time to clear Act 5 and AQ because I have a job, a life and kids so Kabam please make a daily quest which I can auto play through that will reward me with T4CC and T5B.”

Seriously...

Yeah except it’s not exactly the same is it? 🙄. 200k weekly gold arena? Still have to grind it.

Yeah, having arenas where you mainly get rewarded with either gold or cats or whatever would make it possible for players to prioritize what type of award they should focus on grinding for. Short on cats, then grind an arena where the awards are cats, if you need gold, grind arena for gold and so on.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    ok so I just came back and read through the last couple pages.
    here is the transcript of what I see going on.

A - "I don't have gold.."
    B - "if you grind arena you can have gold"
    A - "I don't have time for arena"
    B - "well then you will have a gold shortage"
    A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - "they need to fix it and make me happy"
    B - "there is a way for you to get gold"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    A - "I know maybe they can make a gold arena"
    B - "we have been saying arena will give you gold and you are saying you don't have time"
    A - "but this will be different. its a special arena"
    B - "you can already get gold from arenas"
    A - "but this will be different"
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop having a go at me"
    B - "I am not, I am telling you if you need gold there is a way for you to do it.
    A - "stop picking on me"
    B - "dude if you do arena you will have gold already"
    A - "I told you I don't have time, but if they make a special gold arena"

LOL.
    Yes
    Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "we have been saying arena will give you gold and you are saying you don't have time"
    B - "ummmm… what"
    B - "I am not, I am telling you if you need gold there is a way for you to do it.
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

Quote me where I said all that Matty rather then angling for a cheep laugh?

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

first of all you call me "Matty" as if you know me.
    that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

and well it is kinda how the thread sounds
    Yes
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

Yeah except I said none of that nor intimated any of it. Thanks for the constructive contribution Matty 👍

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

Yeah except I said none of that nor intimated any of it. Thanks for the constructive contribution Matty 👍
    why do you insist on calling me something that is not my name?
    and I already gave my constructive thoughts and opinions before.
    just came to check in and saw a wat I felt to be a funny exchange of comments.

and if you feel like making a name for me and referring to me as Matty how about I call you Berta.
    so have a lovely day Berta.
    Yes
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

and if you feel like making a name for me and referring to me as Matty how about I call you Berta.
    No.What you did was attempt to trivialise someone’s opinion because you don’t agree with it.
    Stick with douchknight, Atleast it was semi creative ✌🏾
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No

xNig said:

LOL. Ok then.

Haha patronising again.
    When did I use the reason that people have a life and family? All I stated is that the casual player would benefit largely and it would go a fair way to alleviating the stress of gold management FOR THE CASUAL player in having a weekly gold arena just like there is a T4B and T1A. Stop twisting words and arguing for the sake of it. You yourself have made multiple superior posts on this thread that in no way contribute to it. You’re only answer is to play more. I’m not even a casual player, grind as much as the next bloke. I’m just more inclined to understand someone else’s perspective rather then shoot it out the water. It clearly effects many in the community, you just dramatise to the point where you try to make them seem inferior.
    As much as you’d like to think that way, the matter of fact is, “if you need gold, spend abit of effort to grind arena”. It is as simple as that.

If people do not have the time or want to spend the effort to do so, then it is natural that they have a gold shortage if they spend above what they are earning.

Your suggestion on having a gold ARENA, to help people who do NOT have time to do arena, just doesn’t make sense.

Increasing gold from regular quests? Sure. Makes sense.

Lowering upgrade costs? Nope. Don’t make sense simply because of how badly it will scale downwards for beginning players.

Kabam has already adjusted the gold rewards from arena milestones to the first 3 to alleviate gold shortage problems. It is as clear as day that they are implying that spending abit of effort is required to attain that gold. If people are ranking up their 5*/6*s and complaining about a shortage of gold, but are not even clocking the first 3 milestones in arena, then it just shows that they are lacking in effort (unless you’re telling me putting in 15 fights in arena over 3 days is too much to ask for).

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

No.What you did was attempt to trivialise someone’s opinion because you don’t agree with it.
    actually read back a few pages ago.
    I did actually give my constructive opinon.
    you must not be able to read English.
    you must have missed this part

here is my constructive opinion.
    there are ways to get gold.
    do them and have gold, don't do them and don't have gold.
    there is a trade off
    you give your time or money and you get gold.
    don't give your time or money and you need to manage to get by without.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Yes

Oh. My. God.

Honestly.....

If they changed the labels AND made it a gold arena then it would be perfect. You mint need one? Great. Some others would like it and so are expressing their opinion.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Yes
    Anddddd this thread which started as an idea has turned into another argument. Personally, I don’t have a lot of time to do arena but when I do have time I do. It’s not that hard. Unless you’re doing a limited event you’ll always have time to go back to it, ie: story quests. (Which is where you can get a lot of iso btw) We don’t need a gold arena, you can just do different milestones on different arenas like @GroundedWisdom said. And arguing over petty stuff isn’t helping anything. I’m just waiting for the mods to shut this down
    here is a spreadsheet I created before.
    detailing how to best spend minimal time in arenas to maximise rewards by focussing on the first three milestones in each arena.

by my calculation 173 mins so 3 hrs over the course of 3 days will net you 130k gold
    +43k battlechips for more gold
    +8 phc for dupes and more gold
    +122 units which if you wanted could buy 6 gold crystals.

Also another thought.
    People who are short of gold.
    Do you level up using basic or wrong class iso?
    Cus doing so is costing you 25% more gold.
    And then it would be all your own fault you have no gold.

Use only correct class iso and you will save a fortune. Literally.
  • Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 47
    Yes
    I was going to take the time to reply to some of the comments but then I thought naaa and did some arena instead. I’m now 10k better off .
  • Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 47
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Maat1985 said:

detailing how to best spend minimal time in arenas to maximise rewards by focussing on the first three milestones in each arena.

by my calculation 173 mins so 3 hrs over the course of 3 days will net you 130k gold

This is very helpful thank you .
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

A - "its not fair"
    B - "it is wat it is"
    A - I dunn wanna do it"
    ……. silence …...
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence ……
    ……. silence …...
    B - "ummmm… what"
    A - "stop picking on me"

LOL.

that aint my name.
    Doucheknight87.

actually read back a few pages ago.
    I did actually give my constructive opinon.
    you must not be able to read English.
    you must have missed this part

here is my constructive opinion.
    there are ways to get gold.
    do them and have gold, don't do them and don't have gold.
    there is a trade off
    you give your time or money and you get gold.
    don't give your time or money and you need to manage to get by without.
    Didn’t miss any of that mate, can read. Not sure why you have to try and either insult or degrade someone nearly every time you post. Those contributions were great MAAT. Your latest however were not. You know that though.
    Maat1985 said:

This is awesome, although I’m not sure I’ll need it but at least it’s helpful for some.
    Still my opinion that for the casual MCOC player gold is an issue though. As people have said an arena may not be the answer, doesn’t mean there are not some other solutions though. Only a small sample size but given the poll sits at about 70-30 I’d think a fair few would be in aggreance. Off to 🛌
    You suggested a gold arena to give casuals 200k gold per week for a day of grinding.

6 hours of grinding spread across the week can already give much more than that.
    It was not long ago the arena miles tones were adjusted and 3* arena gold cost removed.
    So things have been done.

If you dont play arena pregress will be slow.
    It has to be. There has to be a benifit to grinding.
    Simple. More time more gold. Less time less gold. Simple.