**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gather Intel in Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives

Comments

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

BTW, isn't Stark Spidey an Avenger. Why was he not a champion in the first week of the event?

Technically he rejected Tony Stark’s offer, so he’s more of a Pre-Avenger (Going by MCU here)
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    imShakib said:

This event is extremly difficult for people like us who've been in the game for just a year and don't have such a matured champ roster. Gwenpool goes to movies event was actually way different than this one. The Challenge was just to have a specific champion during that time, not having it maxed out to fight a 45k pi boss. Gwenpool goes to movies was by far the best event of the year and this one is simply a frustrating event. Turns people like us away from the game.

GP goes to the movies was essentially a free 5*. You can get some nice things without running epic. If this event turns people away from the game they were going to leave anyway.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    imShakib said:

This event is extremly difficult for people like us who've been in the game for just a year and don't have such a matured champ roster. Gwenpool goes to movies event was actually way different than this one. The Challenge was just to have a specific champion during that time, not having it maxed out to fight a 45k pi boss. Gwenpool goes to movies was by far the best event of the year and this one is simply a frustrating event. Turns people like us away from the game.

This was the situation I was in when Coulson's event came out. I was in no position to do anything more than scratch the surface of that event. It prompted me to increase my efforts to improving my roster. So events like this turn people like you away from the game, but they encourage people like me to put more effort into the game. I'm not saying I'm any more deserving of the game's attention than anyone else, but I do think it is a rational decision to make for developers to target a game at the players less likely to be easily discouraged by challenges above their current ability to accomplish.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    imShakib said:

If you are still reading responses to your post, GGTTM was a tie-in to 10 year anniversary of Marvel Cinematic Universe.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/84967/announcing-gwenpool-goes-to-the-movies/p1

The quests made was relatively easier for that reason.

Can I clear the current quest? Not yet, but I am looking at my champs and try to bring a better counter.

You should too.
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU

Why is Volture not included in the list?

He has the sinister six tag.
    CeresCPH said:

anyone feeling very kind and wants to make a list of champs with these tags? 😅

I can do that. Here's week 1:

AGENT VENOM
    ANT-MAN
    BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER (CIVIL WAR)
    BLACK WIDOW
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA (INFINITY WAR)
    DRAX
    FALCON
    GAMORA
    GROOT
    HAWKEYE
    HULK
    HULK (RAGNAROK)
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)
    ROCKET RACCOON
    SCARLET WITCH
    STAR-LORD
    THOR
    THOR (RAGNAROK)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)

Here's week 2:

ARCHANGEL
    BEAST
    BISHOP
    CABLE
    COLOSSUS
    CYCLOPS (BLUE TEAM)
    CYCLOPS (NEW XAVIER SCHOOL)
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    EMMA FROST
    GAMBIT
    HAVOK
    ICEMAN
    MAGIK
    MAGNETO
    MAGNETO (MARVEL NOW!)
    NIGHTCRAWLER
    OLD MAN LOGAN
    PHOENIX
    PSYLOCKE
    ROGUE
    STORM
    UNSTOPPABLE COLOSSUS
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE (X-23)

Here's Week 3 (This one is the smallest Pool):

AGENT VENOM
    CARNAGE
    DOCTOR OCTOPUS
    ELECTRO
    GREEN GOBLIN
    IRON PATRIOT
    RHINO
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN (CLASSIC)
    SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES)
    SPIDER-MAN (STARK ENHANCED)
    SPIDER-MAN (SYMBIOTE)
    SYMBIOTE SUPREME
    VENOM
    VENOM THE DUCK
    VENOMPOOL

And finally, Week 4:

BLACK WIDOW
    DARKHAWK
    DEADPOOL
    DEADPOOL (X-FORCE)
    DOMINO
    ELEKTRA
    GOLDPOOL
    GWENPOOL
    KARNAK
    LUKE CAGE
    MASACRE
    MOON KNIGHT
    NEBULA
    SABRETOOTH
    SENTINEL
    TASKMASTER
    ULTRON
    ULTRON (CLASSIC)
    VISION
    VISION (AGE OF ULTRON)
    WINTER SOLDIER
    YONDU

Why is Volture not included in the list?

He has the sinister six tag.
    Vulture is allowed. Kabam Miike probably just forgot
    On a side note, it looks like this week is pretty easy. All the fights are pretty straightforward, and the boss isn’t too bad. Only hard part is having a decent roster out of a smaller pool, but all the Spider-Verse champions are pretty good
    Update: Stun Immune Kingpin is a bit trickier than I expected, but it’s still mostly fine once you get used to managing his rage and sp1. Knowing how to evade his sp2 is also pretty useful, as is figuring out the timing to heavy intercept his heavy. Intercepting is also a pretty critical skill.
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    Don't let him get to SP2...Dex his heavies and dodge SP1, rinse and repeat

Don't let him get to SP2...Dex his heavies and dodge SP1, rinse and repeat

You can actually fully evade his sp2, and I don’t believe he has his sp3, so if you really wanted to, you could push him as far as needed, though the sp2 timing takes a while to get down
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    He has sp 3..
    solmyrair said:

He has sp 3..

Really? He never used it against me when I pushed him to sp3. Maybe it was a weird bug with me
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

solmyrair said:

He has sp 3..

Really? He never used it against me when I pushed him to sp3. Maybe it was a weird bug with me
    At lower difficulties they do not have their L3 unlocked.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    solmyrair said:

He has sp 3..

Then on Epic difficulty he might be bugged. I pushed him to full power twice but on activation he went straight to SP2 on both occasions.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    gahrling said:

solmyrair said:

He has sp 3..

Then on Epic difficulty he might be bugged. I pushed him to full power twice but on activation he went straight to SP2 on both occasions.
    Jep he don’t hav the node with a sp3 active
  • SpiderCoolsSpiderCools Posts: 615 ★★★
    Yeah fought him in epic. Thought he had sp3 but only threw his sp2
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I think kingpin is messed up forgot to activate sp3
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273

solmyrair said:

He has sp 3..

So your saying he never left you 200 bucks hush hush money
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92

weavile said:

This week is pretty decent for me for completion, but I can’t get past the sentinel for completion. Any tips? My only usable champs for this event are all mutants

Same bruv, all mutants, all 2/35 and 4/40s.
    No domino no magik.
    Any tips, anyone?
    Storm and X-23 can do decent damage with shock and cruelty, Magneto help a bit too
    X-23 will become pretty useless gradually as the analysis builds up.
    I'm late but x23 never becomes useless...
  • 2645685726456857 Posts: 2
    Oh that's good 😊
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    imShakib said:

My account started on the 16th of November 2017, so slightly older than a year, and I am raging through it easily. Could have done the same a few months ago considering most of the usable champs have been same rank/level for half a year.

Look at the rewards: Not meant to be easy. I think you need some UC experience first, topped off with some AQ bossfights.

Yes, GP was different, but you couldn't earn a 5* AG there. Plus all the T2a shards, T4cc...no, difficulty is fine and players who are good enough can easily tackle this one.

Sinister and Ultron though...they were a lot tougher without the right counter.
  • Thunderkam444Thunderkam444 Posts: 13
    Can someone tell me how you come up with 2200 intel for epic quest
  • imShakibimShakib Posts: 35
    Guys, just read through a lot of your reply posts over my last post. Thanks a lot to all of you for sharing your views. I appreciate all your comments. I understand what most of ya'll are trying to tell me that it's just a phase and I should see it as motivation to try to stregthen my roster and try to play better. Well, I can complete master alright but I believe being in the game for just a year and the way the game is evolving (Only 5 stars and 6 stars matter, rest are waste) - the side quests should always facillitate relatively new players a faster way to evolve through 5 star shards and all. I understand that all side quests can't be compared to Gwenpool Goes to Movies and I aint doing that either but GGTM is by far the best side event quest in a year I have been with the game and as a relative new player I'd urge Kabam to have such a greatly planned quest to be available at least twice a year. That would actually motivate newer players in repect to current evolution of the game. My simple point is, if 5 star champs will be the main driver through game then Kabam should facillitate getting 5 star heroes way faster otherwise it will get frustrating and will turn away newer players. If the game evolves then rewards and way of getting those should evolve too.
  • xGoldeneyes12xxGoldeneyes12x Posts: 3
    I'm still waiting to find out why crossbones isn't included in the mercenary category. It straight up says it in his bio, so why isn't he included? I'm about to have to take my unduped luke cage to r3 and waste my gold to get a 5* awakening gem for a champ i cant upgrade due to lack of gold from upgrading luke cage.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

I'm still waiting to find out why crossbones isn't included in the mercenary category. It straight up says it in his bio, so why isn't he included? I'm about to have to take my unduped luke cage to r3 and waste my gold to get a 5* awakening gem for a champ i cant upgrade due to lack of gold from upgrading luke cage.

He's a Merc who works for hydra. So now he is a villain because that's what they decided in this game

Also he isn't an option because he doesn't have the mercenary tag

• xGoldeneyes12xxGoldeneyes12x Posts: 3
    That's what I was asking in my previous post. Regardless of whether he primarily works for hydra, his bio says he's a mercenary who sells his skills to the highest bidder, so I was wondering why he didn't have a mercenary tag. I was asking kabam whether or not this was an oversight or a deliberate decision but have yet to get a response.