**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips and Tricks for OR

How do you play him? And does he need his dupe? What does it do?

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Omega is good off the box. Defacto dual immune (does bleed but triggers death field and bleeds are 90% less effective ). He is worth a generic AG. He does have good Regen on SP1 or SP2. Assuming you can put death spores on. His gameplay style requires you to play close the enemy to pile up spores. Good AV or Kingpin counter because he can stop them from shrugging debuffs. All of this is unduped. But awakened, his damage output is signifgantly bigger. You could do 1000 damage per second if you go close to the foe with 10 or more spores.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    His dupe makes the opponent degen if they have 10+ spores stacked on them. Also when they have 10+ spores, he has a chance to become unblockable with his tentacle attacks (mediums, heavy, and specials). To get the most from him you want to play close to the opponent to get the spores stacked on them. When you’re too far they fall off. A good strategy is to use a heavy attack to trigger a degen on the opponent which prevents the spores from falling off so it helps keep the spores high. Using L2 increases the spore cap from 10 to 30. Use L1 to keep health up or L3 if you’re hurting a lot to recover more.

tl;dr keep spores stacked on opponent using heavy to trigger degen and prevent them from falling off. Throw L2 to increase spore cap and L1/L3 for sustainability.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/qFYVfG-VyFQ
    My R5 Sig 200 Omega Red on EQ biohazzard.
    @V1PER1987 assesment is spot on. OR is hands down the best champ for biohazard. I 1-shot CB in Act 6 with OR. I hardly ever use his SP3 and usually stick to his L2 which aside from RoL/LoL/Act 6, there arent a lot of fights that last long enough. My attack plan is-
    Build to 10 spores and heavy.
    Get L2 and activate.
    Stay close while L2 is on.
    If I can, heavy attack at 20 plus spores.
    Melt opponents.

Hes bad against robots as well.
    His spores are immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction and can't be nullified or purified.
    You cant play conservative as spores fall off easy.
    He has some good synergies with some very useful champions.

Overall, one of my favorite champs to use and play with.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

@V1PER1987 assesment is spot on. OR is hands down the best champ for biohazard. I 1-shot CB in Act 6 with OR. I hardly ever use his SP3 and usually stick to his L2 which aside from RoL/LoL/Act 6, there arent a lot of fights that last long enough. My attack plan is-
    Get L2 and activate.
    Melt opponents.

His spores are immune to Ability Accuracy Reduction and can't be nullified or purified.

Are there any synergies that he benefits a lot from?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 assesment is spot on. OR is hands down the best champ for biohazard. I 1-shot CB in Act 6 with OR. I hardly ever use his SP3 and usually stick to his L2 which aside from RoL/LoL/Act 6, there arent a lot of fights that last long enough. My attack plan is-
    Get L2 and activate.
    Melt opponents.

I think his most notable synergies are with Sabretooth (OR spores trigger faster and take longer to fall off and ST has a chance to bleed with basic claw attacks) and Void (OR gets +10% damage from death field and Void’s intimidating debuffs deal +10% damage)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Get L2 and activate.
    Melt opponents.

He has 2 very useful synergies.
    X Assassins- Dp X-Force or Sabretooth makes spores faster.
    Deadly Presence- Mephosto or Void makes the death field 10% stronger. This is probably the best one.

Also any synergy that increases base attack. His spore damage can increase if base attack increases.
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41

Omega is good off the box. Defacto dual immune (does bleed but triggers death field and bleeds are 90% less effective ). He is worth a generic AG. He does have good Regen on SP1 or SP2. Assuming you can put death spores on. His gameplay style requires you to play close the enemy to pile up spores. Good AV or Kingpin counter because he can stop them from shrugging debuffs. All of this is unduped. But awakened, his damage output is signifgantly bigger. You could do 1000 damage per second if you go close to the foe with 10 or more spores.

For a newer account with a smaller roster, is he really worth the generic AG or is it best to save that for a Void, Blade, AA, SW etc? I ask because I just got a generic AG for 100% Act 4 and I'm debating if I'll use on Omega Red or wait for a better champ, I'll be looking for someone to help with Act 5 to become Uncollected.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    As an unduped champ,his damage is a little bit lacking until u are really proficient in playing with him...I have him as a 5* at r3 and except situations where I can get a bleed on myself,I am yet to see the crazy damage output on the opponent...my gameplay is a little passive where I give myself a little distance in order to bait specials from opponents and I end up losing my spores once the degen expires..he has a lot of damage potential and some really interesting utility like negating korg's thorn damage or electro's damage back(by using double medium) but requires practice and being able to play up close to the opponent