**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Veterans Deserve Their Rewards.

MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Kabam,

On behalf of everyone who has completed acts 1-4 before the 3 month deadline, we understand that there is no way for the players who completed and explored acts 1-4 to receive the rewards. After thinking about it over and over and contemplating what could possibly prevent us from recieving the rewards, I started thinking about ways Kabam can help fix the situation.

Idea #1: A Temporary Calender for everyone who has completed acts 1, 2, 3, and or 4

So, let’s say you completed act 1 3+ months ago, but haven’t explored it yet, an act 1 calender will be distributed to everyone who has completed it, giving out the new completion rewards added that we cannot otherwise receive. If the player that has completed act 1 also explored act 1 3+ months ago, they will be given both completion and exploration rewards in the calender.

This calender could also simply be called the “Veteran Story Calender”. Everyone will receive it, but players will only receive the calendars rewards if you completed and or explored acts 1, 2, 3, and 4. Each day or week could give out rewards from a different act.

Credit to @ctp1223

Idea #2: Operation Clean MCoC

There have been many players that have come and go over the years. These accounts are quiet, collecting dust, using up storage on the prescious servers (meme), and potentially are the reason that everyone that completed and or explored acts 1-4 3+ months ago cannot receive the rewards now.

By removing/shadow banning/disabling (temporarily?) these ghost accounts, it would be much easier and possible to identify all the players who have completed and or explored acts 1, 2, 3, or 4 and send the rewards out to them via a compensation package, gift, or any claimable item.

I have been playing MCoC for 3 years now and ever since shards and act 4 were introduced, I have been waiting for acts 1-3 reward’s to be updated to resemble Act 4s. It’s been some time now and it’s finally happened and many players and I are not allowed to receive them even though we clearly have earned them. I hope this will change Kabam.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    No.
    I buy a Samsung tv today. In a year, Samsung updates same tv and adds in a new feature I don't have. I don't get a new tv. I have to buy it if I want it. If you want the rewards, start a new account and earn them.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Honeslty, I looked at the rewards and it’s really not that impactful. (Plus if ur a true pro like me you haven’t explored Act 2 so you can still get exploration rewards :))
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★

Honeslty, I looked at the rewards and it’s really not that impactful. (Plus if ur a true pro like me you haven’t explored Act 2 so you can still get exploration rewards :))

It would’ve been impactful if it were in 16,17 since its 19 yeah..

They arent. I dont need 10 phcs and some t1a. I need t2a.
  • humberto20043humberto20043 Posts: 28
    Its all good i explored act 1 2 and 3 in January so it doesn't affect me. Veterans dont really need it tho.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★

Lol i too have 100%ed acts 3, 4, and 5 but 1 and 2 are unexplored
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★

I can't wait for that 3* awakening gem and the l1 revive
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346

Haha funny thing is I beat act 5 and have everything but act 6 complete I havent 100% explored act 2 but have explored 1,3 and, 4
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    Lmao honestly, who cares?

It's some T1A and some PHCs and I think some T4b... Literally not game changing at all lol
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    What exactly are the rewards?
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    You can check in game, they've been updated to show the new rewards
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    I do agree, it sucks that people who explored the acts more than 3 months ago do not get the rewards.
    After thinking about it though and reading through this forum, what can they give us Veterans that we could actually use AND is equivalent to exploring act 1-3? T3b and t1a? That's cute. Level 1 health potions? Ghulk has one of those when he wakes up every morning. The only thing I would be interested in would be revives. But honestly, I understand them not giving us anything.

I don't think the rewards need to be game changing to be deserved. You keep opening that free crystal every 4 hours, so you know that if rewards are earned by YOU then you should get them regardless of when you earned them. And 8f I buy a Samsung with a new feature @Demonzfyre I expect an update to my smart TV that reflects that. If I bought a tv 10 years ago it's different. But Samsung sells the newer TVs with the intention to keep advancing the software until the tech advances. This is an advancement of software, not tech. It's more like if you pay for cable and then your cable company adds more channels to newer accounts but doesn't give you he same channels.

I work where we sell TVs. There are many examples of tv's that get updated the next year that the previous model cant get. This is what i am referencing. Might be better resolution, a more intuitive remote or something else. Regardless, just because a company decides to update something, doesnt mean the previous customer base is owed something for said update.

This mentality comes from greed and the "what about me" attitude. You EARNED the rewards you already got. You aren't OWED newer rewards because the rewards changed slightly. Other examples-
    AQ rewards have been updated since its induction.
    AW rewards have been updated since its induction.
    This game will change. You are owed anything for changes to the game.

I don't think the rewards need to be game changing to be deserved. You keep opening that free crystal every 4 hours, so you know that if rewards are earned by YOU then you should get them regardless of when you earned them. And 8f I buy a Samsung with a new feature @Demonzfyre I expect an update to my smart TV that reflects that. If I bought a tv 10 years ago it's different. But Samsung sells the newer TVs with the intention to keep advancing the software until the tech advances. This is an advancement of software, not tech. It's more like if you pay for cable and then your cable company adds more channels to newer accounts but doesn't give you he same channels.

I work where we sell TVs. There are many examples of tv's that get updated the next year that the previous model cant get. This is what i am referencing. Might be better resolution, a more intuitive remote or something else. Regardless, just because a company decides to update something, doesnt mean the previous customer base is owed something for said update.

This mentality comes from greed and the "what about me" attitude. You EARNED the rewards you already got. You aren't OWED newer rewards because the rewards changed slightly. Other examples-
    Your explanation of TVs doesn't make your case and doesn't say anything about my point on tech vs. Software. Also, 0% of the aq and aw rewards were backdated. And if I remember correctly on some of those reward adjustment occasions they actually threw us some stuff as a token. Theres a big difference between story mode, which is locked, and aq/w, which is live, repeatable and constantly changing.
    The point is, companies can make changes to their products and services at any point. Doesnt mean they owe you anything. If they feel like giving something they will. In this case, they don't.
    edited March 2019

Your explanation of TVs doesn't make your case and doesn't say anything about my point on tech vs. Software. Also, 0% of the aq and aw rewards were backdated. And if I remember correctly on some of those reward adjustment occasions they actually threw us some stuff as a token. Theres a big difference between story mode, which is locked, and aq/w, which is live, repeatable and constantly changing.
    The point is, companies can make changes to their products and services at any point. Doesnt mean they owe you anything. If they feel like giving something they will. In this case, they don't.
    Yes, obviously that is true. The subject of this thread is about players deserving it, which is a whole different animal. The moral, principled thing to do is give veterans the reward. As a corporation they arent required to do so, and we have no recourse to change that. The topic at hand is whether or not kabam SHOULD give everyone the same rewards, not if they are OBLIGATED to. If my alliance and yours both get the same s.a. score and rank, but because our alliance is new we got an extra 300 4* shards, a couple revives and 10 more gold crystals than you, it wouldn't be fair.
    They shouldn't and dont need to. Its not immoral. You even said as a corporation they arent required to so..... End of story.

You can have the 4* shards and gold. Dont need em. I need T5B and T2A and someone at that level isn't getting those types of resources.
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    The real problem is not being able to close the gap the whales have created. They recieve more rewards in a month than medium-high level players recieve in a year.
  • Hey there, we appreciate the feedback but have already addressed this topic here. Since we've already addressed this topic here and since some of the comments in here have become a bit argumentative with each other, this thread will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.