**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you running out of gold?

123457»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No
    Speaking for myself, I never engaged in any name-calling, or derogatory behaviors like that. I was not belittling or condescending. I offered objective ways to maintain Gold. What I DID say was that I don't believe there is a large Gold problem. Which I don't.
    It may not be real life, but Resource Management is 100% a part of this game. It does require making decisions based on what is available, and using Resources for what we choose, within our means. If an outside method of managing said Resources is helpful, I'm going to offer it. Otherwise we just spend blindly, and say the game is flawed without actually looking at what we are paying out.
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    Yes
    As far as solutions posed, I think a Sunday gold event is an INCREDIBLE idea. A zero energy 10 fight event quest or something. With rewards similar to a t3 catalyst daily quest, for instance. A bonus for full exploration every Sunday, and then maybe just 10k gold per farmed repeat. This feels like an easy way to get, say, 200k gold a month for 20 minutes every Sunday? Seems plausible to me, and like an amount that would really help a lot of summoners across the board, without “breaking the in-game economy,” as the mods so love to say.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I answered Yes.
    Reading through this thread, tho, I have to wonder. Every person who said “no” and offered an explanation, became very defensive & self-righteous, and single minded.

You say that as if the people who say there is a gold problem do not become equally defensive and self-righteous.

The fact is, everyone is bottlenecked on something. If it isn't gold, it will be something else. That is guaranteed, because there are only two possibilities: you have champions you want to rank up but not enough resources to do so, or you don't have any good champions to rank up. It's basically impossible to be dead even constantly.

When people say there's a gold problem and thus the game should change to offer more gold, they are implicitly stating that their problems are more important than everyone elses. Because I don't think the people with gold shortages would appreciate it if at the same time they were getting gold, the people with tons of gold were getting T5B or 6* crystals that they were not also getting.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes

Speaking for myself, I never engaged in any name-calling, or derogatory behaviors like that. I was not belittling or condescending. I offered objective ways to maintain Gold. What I DID say was that I don't believe there is a large Gold problem. Which I don't.
    It may not be real life, but Resource Management is 100% a part of this game. It does require making decisions based on what is available, and using Resources for what we choose, within our means. If an outside method of managing said Resources is helpful, I'm going to offer it. Otherwise we just spend blindly, and say the game is flawed without actually looking at what we are paying out.

Again, I personally won’t go around saying there is a gold shortage. Actually think it’s plentiful but it’s not enough. Nor do I believe it should be a bottleneck resource. Leave the bottlenecks to high end catalysts. If I want to rank up 5* to rank 3 for arena purpose. Or synergy or whatever. I should be able to do that easily. R4+ should have its bottlenecks.

That all being said, if kabam doesn’t make some changes to gold in other aspects of the game. Then when these 6* are more attainable (cavalier crystals or cavalier features) the gold from winning a fight in the monthly eq giving 500 gold is just an insult.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yes
    My biggest gripe with the game is it’s so archaic with its rewards. Sometimes I feel like we’re still playing in the first year or two of the game with things like the solo crystals and T2/T3 quests. Kabam is not very good about analyzing current stages of the game and the updating rewards structures to match. I’m not even talking about T2A/T5B/C because those are gated and limited for a reason and I get that. But gold, battlechips, and loyalty are things that have been stagnant for so long. Kabam has introduced 5* and 6* which costs absurd amounts of gold but haven’t adjusted gold accordingly. They have increased T1A, T4B, and T4C acquisition but gold has pretty much stayed the same. Sure Kabam gives an occasional gold bump here and there when it comes to things like Variant, Champion side quests like Champion/CM challenge and Act 6 rewarding roughly 100-250k, but these are simply bandaids to a much larger problem and that’s only if you even have the roster to finish them. Why do you get as much gold from an Uncollected fight as you do from a Master fight (or roughly identical)? Why haven’t the (greater) golden crystals been updated to reflect the increased cost of ranking/leveling 5* and 6*? Why are arena milestones and fights still so sparse on gold? Sure anyone can say grind arena and you’ll never run out, but what if you get 2-3 really great champions back to back and you want to rank them? Each 5* champion probably takes roughly 800k gold to get from 1/1 to 3/45. So I should just not be allowed to rank them up because I’m living in 2015 MCOC? I think the gold rewards themselves need a serious overhaul. I wouldn’t object to a gold arena/quest on Sundays but I still think the gold crystals and quests need to be updated with larger gold rewards.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes
    V1PER1987 said:

My biggest gripe with the game is it’s so archaic with its rewards. Sometimes I feel like we’re still playing in the first year or two of the game with things like the solo crystals and T2/T3 quests. Kabam is not very good about analyzing current stages of the game and the updating rewards structures to match. I’m not even talking about T2A/T5B/C because those are gated and limited for a reason and I get that. But gold, battlechips, and loyalty are things that have been stagnant for so long. Kabam has introduced 5* and 6* which costs absurd amounts of gold but haven’t adjusted gold accordingly. They have increased T1A, T4B, and T4C acquisition but gold has pretty much stayed the same. Sure Kabam gives an occasional gold bump here and there when it comes to things like Variant, Champion side quests like Champion/CM challenge and Act 6 rewarding roughly 100-250k, but these are simply bandaids to a much larger problem and that’s only if you even have the roster to finish them. Why do you get as much gold from an Uncollected fight as you do from a Master fight (or roughly identical)? Why haven’t the (greater) golden crystals been updated to reflect the increased cost of ranking/leveling 5* and 6*? Why are arena milestones and fights still so sparse on gold? Sure anyone can say grind arena and you’ll never run out, but what if you get 2-3 really great champions back to back and you want to rank them? Each 5* champion probably takes roughly 800k gold to get from 1/1 to 3/45. So I should just not be allowed to rank them up because I’m living in 2015 MCOC? I think the gold rewards themselves need a serious overhaul. I wouldn’t object to a gold arena/quest on Sundays but I still think the gold crystals and quests need to be updated with larger gold rewards.

This ⬆️⬆️
    Exactly the way I’m seeing it.
    Yes
    Grounded wisdom, I was not thinking about you when I wrote that post, or even this thread. Just general thoughts. I still think real world economy comparisons miss the mark slightly; there are some similarities but many more differences.
    DNA 3000,
    I was more going for a neutral thing, to reflect what I see both sides saying, a double mirror I guess you could say.
    Looked at that way, I’m not really sure what it adds, to go to that place of, people who say yes are just like people who say no. I don’t really know what that means, other than yes we are all humans playing this game.
    I was attempting to be constructive. My subtext was, yes both sides are the same,
    But
    What I added was, a voiced support for something that would help one side, without harming the other. That’s like, positive neutral I guess?

I guess I’m just not sure what you are saying when you say both sides are self righteous, because that wasn’t really what I was trying to touch. I just wanted to support an idea whose net result would be positive.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Yes
    The thing is, you can get gold easily in arena, but basically not anywhere else. All I’m asking is that they buff the gold drop rate in EQ. Please Kabam? I can get maybe 100,000 gold for a few hours of grinding in the arena, and I don’t have enough time to grind that much.
    Yes
    Dna3000 I do hear what you are saying about the bottleneck of something, always. That makes good sense to me.
    But again, I just don’t see any harm in adding say a weekly gold event. It just seems like a fun and good idea that most people would be either neutral or appreciative toward.
    Yes
    And grounded wisdom, I do also appreciate what you said about sharing good wisdom and ideas. I think that’s really important for a functioning community, so a fist of solidarity for u my friend.
    Yes
    Dna3000, and yes, you are right, if I’m understanding your last point correctly, the grass is always greener on the other side. I guess my first post came across as ****-y in a way, so I apologize for that. I think it was just that I get frustrated when people argue which I read a lot of earlier on the thread before I made that post.
    I know it’s pretty corny but, can’t we all just get along?
    Which reminds me. One part of the real world I miss about this game, I can’t loan my friends money if they’re going through a hard time!!
    Community is important. I enjoy being in an alliance, at least.
    Yes
    Reading my last reply back tho, I guess I broke my own rule with the loaning money thing, because you can gift potions and revives. It’s complicated, for sure. Just like real life, lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No

🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yes
    xNig said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Damn bruh, wanna share?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

One part of the real world I miss about this game, I can’t loan my friends money if they’re going through a hard time!!

If you're in an alliance, you can loan people donations. I do it all the time. For this past Christmas, I just donated the entire alliance's week's gold, just because I can.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yes
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

One part of the real world I miss about this game, I can’t loan my friends money if they’re going through a hard time!!

If you're in an alliance, you can loan people donations. I do it all the time. For this past Christmas, I just donated the entire alliance's week's gold, just because I can.
    I said no such thing 👀
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    DoctorJ said:

xNig said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

Damn bruh, wanna share?
    Haha. 😂
  • ZaptosdakingZaptosdaking Posts: 65
    Yes
    I goes by fast when pouring into champs
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    These days, the player base is just up at each other's throats. In the act 6 thread about 4* heroes you can see people of the mentality, "it doesn't affect me stop complaining" etc and in this thread about gold some have the mentality "I have enough gold,there's no problem stop complaining"
    God, the lack of any form of support among players. Now I know that you can play arena and get gold but if someone doesn't have the time and suggests other ways of getting gold,why shoot the person down. Introducing more ways to get gold doesn't affect anyone negatively. Sheesh
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Yes

There is an ample amount of Gold in the game. I've said many times that it's simple Economics. It's about Inflow and Outflow. If you're spending faster than you're making it, you're going to run out. It takes work to build it, and it takes effort to keep a minimum balance. I haven't dipped below 5 Mil in a long time. Simply because I'm always working on some way to make it, and I don't go for broke when it comes to spending it. If we're trying to go from R1 to R4 with a 5* in one sitting, that will get expensive fast. If we spread out Ranking over time and do it at a steady and constant pace, there's still room for Donations and keeping an Inflow. If you're not willing to touch the Arena, there's not much that can be said for that because it's the main source. You'll have to live within the means of the other sources. On that subject, it doesn't take a Clockwork Orange effort to do the Arena. Hitting a few Milestones in each Arena every 3 days will give Gold, and BCs that yield more Gold. It takes effort, both to make it and to spend it. It doesn't come organically.

Sry no offense dude, but I noticed that you always shut down other people who mention a big issue in the game that the majority of the community has, except the whales. I personally don't always understand why people are angry at Kabam for the strangest things... But the gold problem and some other problems (*cough* Act 6 4* ban *cough*) are big issues that Kabam need to fix.
    It's not a big issue. If it was, there would be many, many more people here. All knocking on the door for Gold. Who is voicing something is irrelevant to me. I don't care if they spend or don't spend. I look at what is brought up objectively.
    Act 4 is not a problem. That's exactly how they set out to make it.
    Gold is available, and there are many of us that have Gold. The misconception is that we tape our phones to our hands and Grind on a loop. Not at all the case. That's what I was speaking on. The fact that there is ample amount of Gold in the game, evident by the fact that many people have it and manage it. I even gave a method I use for farming it.
    However, I also said that part of that is spending habits. That's a reasonable assessment. They have increased ways to acquire Gold in the game in the last year, and people still run out. They could add a Gold Arena or Halls of Fortune daily, and some people would still run out. Reason being, they spend it all. That's not contradictory or spiteful. That's logical. If you want to have Gold you have to manage it properly.
    This is absolutely WRONG. You know what? I'm still not the best player, I only have 2 4* r5 'cause I don't even nearly play a year.

But, even on my level where things shouldn't that much gold I still run out of it, ALTHOUGH I currently only invest the gold in chanps I really need the most. It's not like that I spend it in everything, again currently only in champs i RLY need.

If I was an abolute whale I probably would have a lot more gold, but I am F2P.
    Maybe I could grind arenas all day, '''but I don't have the time to'''.
    And yes, I know that you probably think "if you want to get good in a game, you need to play". I'd totally aggree with this, BUT as I 've mentioned, you need to grind 24/7 to get enough gold. I know MANY other games where you don't need to play 24/7 (like MCOC) in order to get good, BUT where you still need to know how to play properly.

I enjoy the game, yes. But how I mentioned, if you aren't a whale or don't use much time of your real life, it's incredibly hard to get gold.
    => That is what I define as a "huge problem"!
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Yes

There is an ample amount of Gold in the game. I've said many times that it's simple Economics. It's about Inflow and Outflow. If you're spending faster than you're making it, you're going to run out. It takes work to build it, and it takes effort to keep a minimum balance. I haven't dipped below 5 Mil in a long time. Simply because I'm always working on some way to make it, and I don't go for broke when it comes to spending it. If we're trying to go from R1 to R4 with a 5* in one sitting, that will get expensive fast. If we spread out Ranking over time and do it at a steady and constant pace, there's still room for Donations and keeping an Inflow. If you're not willing to touch the Arena, there's not much that can be said for that because it's the main source. You'll have to live within the means of the other sources. On that subject, it doesn't take a Clockwork Orange effort to do the Arena. Hitting a few Milestones in each Arena every 3 days will give Gold, and BCs that yield more Gold. It takes effort, both to make it and to spend it. It doesn't come organically.

Sry no offense dude, but I noticed that you always shut down other people who mention a big issue in the game that the majority of the community has, except the whales. I personally don't always understand why people are angry at Kabam for the strangest things... But the gold problem and some other problems (*cough* Act 6 4* ban *cough*) are big issues that Kabam need to fix.
    It's not a big issue. If it was, there would be many, many more people here. All knocking on the door for Gold. Who is voicing something is irrelevant to me. I don't care if they spend or don't spend. I look at what is brought up objectively.
    Act 4 is not a problem. That's exactly how they set out to make it.
    Gold is available, and there are many of us that have Gold. The misconception is that we tape our phones to our hands and Grind on a loop. Not at all the case. That's what I was speaking on. The fact that there is ample amount of Gold in the game, evident by the fact that many people have it and manage it. I even gave a method I use for farming it.
    However, I also said that part of that is spending habits. That's a reasonable assessment. They have increased ways to acquire Gold in the game in the last year, and people still run out. They could add a Gold Arena or Halls of Fortune daily, and some people
    Before reading this comment, it seems like my old comment wasn't saved for some reason, that's why I'm writing a similar one. If it was just due to problems with my network that I couldn't see my comment, I apologize!

This is absolutely wrong. Why? I'm going to explain now...

First, I have to admit that I'm still not the best player at the game. I still only have 2 4* at r5 as my best champions, but still I have huge gold problems at the moment, ALTHOUGH the cost to rank up better champs (5*) is way more expensive. I currently only rank up the champs I really need.

If you currently don't have gold problems you probably:
    - are an absolute whale. But not me 'cause I am F2P.
    - grind arenas 24/7. But not me 'cause I don't have the time to grind 24/7.
    I know what you probably think now: "If you want to get good, you have to invest time in the game." Yes, that's true, but I've seen MANY other games than MCOC where you don't need to grind all day, but still need to play properly in order to get good. That's DEFINITELY not the case for farming gold 'cause... yeah... as I've already mentioned... you need to grind 24/7.

All in all, this is resulting in the fact that you don't have enough time for real life anymore.
    => This is what I define as a huge problem in the game.
    And again, I currently only spend the gold in champions I RLY need.
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    No
    I run every path during gold events. And spend roughly an hour doing first two milestones of each arena (not a grinder). I've been playing for 2 years and work to r3 every 5* chap i get. Im sitting on 4 million gold and rarely go below 2 mil. Theres plenty of ways to get gold if you actually play.