**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So much talk about Ghost,Domino,Void being the best...

AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
Why is there hardly any talk about Venom the duck?
I literally used only venom the duck in the entire 5.3 and 5.4 and easily beat it with zero unit spending. Can any of those champions do that? Can ANYONE else do that? VTD#1

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I never pulled Venom the Duck as anything but a three star, what makes him so good?
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I understand liking him but like others mentioned he's to RNG dependant. If things line up properly he's an absolute beast. Don't get me wrong I'm a fan boy of VTD but he's no Void.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    PraiseKek said:

I never pulled Venom the Duck as anything but a three star, what makes him so good?

You can basically pick and choose what buffs you want to carry throughout a quest, although it is subject to RNG.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Venom the duck is great, very under rated for some reason. With right buff combo hes a monster.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Why is there hardly any talk about Venom the duck?
    I literally used only venom the duck in the entire 5.3 and 5.4 and easily beat it with zero unit spending. Can any of those champions do that? Can ANYONE else do that? VTD#1

Yes they can, venom the duck is really good but lacks the utility or damage output that the very top champions can. Can venom the duck take out bleed nodes, poison nodes, evade champions, icemen, mesmerize etc. Can he consistently hit 100k sp2's, can he make stun immunity no problem at all, can he tank sp 3's. Ghost can do all of that and more. Literally almost every fight venom the duck is good for there is a champion that's better. His main strength is his crazy regen and that frankly is not enough when in higher tier content like act 6 where more complex utility is required to put him in the very top tier of champions.
    Well if you manage to finish LOL, please let me know.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    First time I took him in aq, I wanted to get fury and 2 regen first fight, neither popped up before I almost timed out. Got 1 precision. Next fight took 4 cycles before I got a fury. Finally got a regen in the 3rd fight. But, I had to drag each fight out just to get those. He most definitely is dependent on rng. More so than any other champ I use.
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    5* Wolverine (X-23) rank 5 :D
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Ahitlaw said:

All this talk about being too dependent on RNG,that’s hilarious just drag the first couple fights and you are fine. And his toxic armor is incredible,if you know how to fight it’s easy. His sp2 toxic armor is CRAZY! He easily destroyed 5.4 ultron in less than a minute. Literally 5 regen 3 powergain and 2 fury! Constant crazy regen and endless Sp2s. Which I’ve seen him hit 50k on basic attacks with toxic armor. He easily destroys debuff immunes and with 4 power gain and 6 regens he can easily take out bleed and poison nodes. Evaders are easy to fight. Dude is the best and an absolute cheat code. Ghost is insane too I’m not taking anything away from her but The duck is virtually indestructible.

I wouldn’t jump the gun, buddy. VTD will start giving you bad RNG faster than you think
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Aegon is better but I agree VTD is a G.O.A.T.!
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★

Ahitlaw said:

All this talk about being too dependent on RNG,that’s hilarious just drag the first couple fights and you are fine. And his toxic armor is incredible,if you know how to fight it’s easy. His sp2 toxic armor is CRAZY! He easily destroyed 5.4 ultron in less than a minute. Literally 5 regen 3 powergain and 2 fury! Constant crazy regen and endless Sp2s. Which I’ve seen him hit 50k on basic attacks with toxic armor. He easily destroys debuff immunes and with 4 power gain and 6 regens he can easily take out bleed and poison nodes. Evaders are easy to fight. Dude is the best and an absolute cheat code. Ghost is insane too I’m not taking anything away from her but The duck is virtually indestructible.

I wouldn’t jump the gun, buddy. VTD will start giving you bad RNG faster than you think
    I’ve had the duck for a long time now he’s duped and at R4 as a 5* saving resources to R5 him. All he takes is a little patience for the first couple fights and that’s it. Of course I’ve had fights where he gets **** buffs at the beginning but you NEVER store them. Just be patient you’ll get the buffs you want. Every time.
    edited March 2019
    @Jaded has some great videos of him on YouTube as well, Just search Jadedfusion

Yes, they can as well

@will-o-wisp honestly I want
    Gameplay. If any of them can
    Destroy that content without a single potion used I’d be impressed
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Ahitlaw said:

Yes, they can as well

@will-o-wisp honestly I want
    Gameplay. If any of them can
    Destroy that content without a single potion used I’d be impressed
    You have a lot of it on youtube already
    The entire 5.3-5.4 without a single potion o have yet to see that. Ghost is probably the only one that truly can. Every fight same champ,if I’m wrong that’s ok but VTD stays at 100% health pretty much every fight.
    Ahitlaw said:

I’m not hating on any of those champs but people need to wake up and stop sleeping on the duck. He’s incredible and definitely the top champ with maybe the only exception of ghost but the duck is very easy to use and much more reliable

As it’s been mentioned, VtD simply lacks any real utility to make him viable for any real end game content. He can’t counter things like biohazard, bleed, caltrops, poison, spiked armor, EMP Modification, Impart Ultrons, Magik, Dorm, evaders, auto blockers, the list goes on. He’s good for simple questing like AQ, but he’s not first on my list of champs to bring to Act 6.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Blade, Ghost Rider, Sparky...
    Domino, Void, Ghost...
    I wonder what Trinity in fall will be discussed.

VTD, Skrull King, Dr. Doom?
    Cassy said:

Blade, Ghost Rider, Sparky...
    Domino, Void, Ghost...
    I wonder what Trinity in fall will be discussed.

VTD, Skrull King, Dr. Doom?

I would love that lol
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Yes... Ghosts phase allows her to ignore the damage and intercepts every time with a crit which will probably be 10k+, coupled with the fact that 1 or 2 heavies could make her SP2 hit 50k +, and Pandaman pete demonstrated against WS that a 5/65 can hit for almost 200k (ps she has guaranteed crits and unblockable specials)
    Tiger360 said:

Yes... Ghosts phase allows her to ignore the damage and intercepts every time with a crit which will probably be 10k+, coupled with the fact that 1 or 2 heavies could make her SP2 hit 50k +, and Pandaman pete demonstrated against WS that a 5/65 can hit for almost 200k (ps she has guaranteed crits and unblockable specials)

Yes she’s the only one that rivals the duck. That chick is pretty nuts! I jus hate that she depends on synergies
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Ahitlaw said:

I’m not hating on any of those champs but people need to wake up and stop sleeping on the duck. He’s incredible and definitely the top champ with maybe the only exception of ghost but the duck is very easy to use and much more reliable

As it’s been mentioned, VtD simply lacks any real utility to make him viable for any real end game content. He can’t counter things like biohazard, bleed, caltrops, poison, spiked armor, EMP Modification, Impart Ultrons, Magik, Dorm, evaders, auto blockers, the list goes on. He’s good for simple questing like AQ, but he’s not first on my list of champs to bring to Act 6.
    I used vtd for 6.1.1 to 6.1.3. Then he was in aq map 6 for me. I take degen paths, starburst and poison. Vtd ends at full health.

Utilities come in play when you can’t defeat a defender quickly. Which vtd can do. Different builds of buffs can suit the needs of what you want.
    Ahitlaw said:

Tiger360 said:

Yes she’s the only one that rivals the duck. That chick is pretty nuts! I jus hate that she depends on synergies
    No she doesn’t depend on synergies. Summoners depend on her synergies. I absolutely hate Wasp so I’ve practiced a lot with Ghost without that synergy. Usually my AWA team is CAIW, Domino, Ghost which gives no synergies.
    Jaded said:

V1PER1987 said:

Ahitlaw said:

I used vtd for 6.1.1 to 6.1.3. Then he was in aq map 6 for me. I take degen paths, starburst and poison. Vtd ends at full health.

Utilities come in play when you can’t defeat a defender quickly. Which vtd can do. Different builds of buffs can suit the needs of what you want.
    Exactly. This guy gets it :)
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

Sounds like you have a pretty special and intimate relationship with this duck and that losing it would almost be comparable to losing a loved one.

Some people forget about lines from Ragnarok. But not us.

Not us.

Anyway, yeah all this VTD talk makes me really jealous. I’ve wanted him so bad ever since I saw cowhales gameplay vid. Still don’t even have a three star. 😢