**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Intel Kingpin boss

CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Was it intentional to give the boss over 400k health in epic difficulty? You guys said they would be the same as the uncollected bosses, I haven't ever seen an uncollected boss with 400k health...

Comments

• Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    ThaDevil said:

Yeah ridiculous when a lot of us are lucky to have 1 r2 or r3 5* of one of the few champs were allowed to use and hes doing like 20% block damage to 4*s lol

Well maybe, just possibly... it's not meant for everyone.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Here is a tip I learned:
    When Kingpin activates a special 1:
    FIrst Hit, dodge
    Second hit, block, then do 1 light attack. (to get closer to him)
    Third Hit, Dodge
    Dash Forward

You will be closer to Kingpin and you will get a chance to combo him.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Here is a tip I learned:
    When Kingpin activates a special 1:
    FIrst Hit, dodge
    Second hit, block, then do 1 light attack. (to get closer to him)
    Third Hit, Dodge
    Dash Forward

You will be closer to Kingpin and you will get a chance to combo him.

Or just dash back a few times and then dash in right after the upswing for the combo or as IKON said dash to edge of screen and counter with a heavy instead for extra node damage. (No need to take any block damage during his sp1)
    edited March 2019
    @Assail Oh no! I took very minimal block damage from the boss!
    Its not that much
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    ThaDevil said:

Yeah ridiculous when a lot of us are lucky to have 1 r2 or r3 5* of one of the few champs were allowed to use and hes doing like 20% block damage to 4*s lol

Just think if you beat it though it would be EPIC!

But with that roster maybe start with beginner and work your way up
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    I used 5* 3/45 Spider Gwen, 4* 5/50 Venom, 4* 4/40 Sym Spidey, OG SM, 4* 5/50 Starky and had to burn 200 units each time to kill Kingpin in Epic with the 10% attack boost and 15% health boost on. Maybe I'm just really bad. Seatin probably just one shot that guy lol
  • KumbieKumbie Posts: 62
    finally i can use my 6* green goblin . . :)
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    Kumbie said:

Same, the problem I found was that the incinerate damage wasn't increased from the heavy
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I used my maxed out 4* venom, spidergwen, miles morales, classic spidey, and starky (all 4*) Funnily enough, all the champs except Venom became cannon fodder for the first 50% and Venom finished the rest (Even Stark enhanced was mostly on the bench). It’s a really hard fight, but it’s also some of the most fun and interactive challenge we’ve had so far, since basically any champ can do it, and it forces you to change your play style a lot, such as intercepting more, heavy countering, and baiting specials. The aggressive node also makes Kingpin really easy to predict, so all of this stuff isn’t that bad.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    This is the first week I wont be completing Master. Epic hasnt been possible any week but master has been. This week I cant beat the 110k health with a spiderman and a bunch of dumpster fire r1 5*s and a r3 4* Sym Supreme.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Assail said:

@XxLoganTDCxX oh no! You took completely unnecessary block damage.

Zero block damage > minimal block damage

:D:D I guess he hasn't seen that his special 1 is very punishable without having to take "any" unnecessary damage.
    Can you stop please? I get it. Sorry

Considering my champs in the category are lacking ... that’s what a VTD 5* rank 3 can get you..
  • jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    @SarcasticTaurus wow! 311 hits is very good. I don't think I survived that long with any champ I used but I don't think any of my champ at hand could beat him in 311 hits.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited March 2019
    He is AQ boss at map 5 for so long. U should have so many practice.

One shot sparky 5* r4 undupped:

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Why are we complaining this was easy lol. This is why we can’t have nice things. Everyone should be used to KP, he’s an AQ boss!!

Why are we complaining this was easy lol. This is why we can’t have nice things. Everyone should be used to KP, he’s an AQ boss!!

Agreed!

The people complaining are the ones who just sit back and let others in their BG take KP, instead of trying themselves. LMAO!!
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Considering my champs in the category are lacking ... that’s what a VTD 5* rank 3 can get you..

Wow mine only took 177 hits. I don’t know if I could make it 311.
  • IKON said:

Don't pay attention to the health pool, easiest week so far.

For those unaware, you can heavy counter Kingpins sp 1 by dashing all the way to the edge of the screen and holding heavy until he finishes the sp 1.

With the node that increases heavy attacks by 500%, kingpin fell to my 4* venom easily.

Thanks for this. Would have had a hard time without knowing that. Still had to use a few revives, but Sym Spidey did the trick.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Kumbie said:

Finally I can use my 6* miles 😂
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Soloed the first time with 5/50 sparky. Took one total blocked hit and spent most of the fight with 10 poise, collected from his sp1. Took about 5 minutes and 138 hits.

You just have to be patient and play the slow game. Hit into block to get him to sp1s and get into like a slow dance rhythm.
  • MrOnizukaMrOnizuka Posts: 121
    Shouldnt be a problem if you one-shot him always in AQ. I did first round with 4/55 Sparky and on the second round, I one-shotted him with a 3/30 electro. Just be cautious of his heavy attack and punish his sp1. Try not to push him to sp2.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Getting to him is easy.

I Just need some patience fighting him. Some good info on here tho.