**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Since 4*s are banned from Act 6, Kabam should hand out 4* RDTs

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
edited March 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
I know you’re all thinking “Jesus another RDT post?” but think about it for a second. Think about how many R5 4* champions you have that you can’t use now. Those took T4CC and T4BC and ISO that could’ve been used on your 5* champions. I feel like there should be RDTs just for 4* champs so that we can use the otherwise wasted resources on 5* champs.

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Nope
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    Since the 4-star ban from act 6 has nothing to do with RDT's .... no
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Since the 4-star ban from act 6 has nothing to do with RDT's .... no

To be fair, the Act 6 restriction does slightly open the door to tier restricted RDTs. In effect, the Act 6 5*/6* gate limits the value of 4* and lower champions to Act 5 progress and lower. This means Kabam now has slightly more flexibility to allow players to shuffle up their 4* resources. In other words, Act 6 makes it marginally more likely to see 4* RDTs that refund 4* rank up tickets, allowing a player to rank down one 4* and then rank up a different 4*. However, it also makes it *less* likely to see universal RDTs that rank down one 4* and allow the player to use the resources to rank up a different 5* champ for converse reasons: the Act 6 gate applies design pressure to limit the ability to gain or rank up 5* champs in any other way than the normal resource reward systems allow.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Yeah, at very least rank down tickets should be sent to make up for no proper headsup. I myself ranked up 4star blade with intention to bring him to act6 because I didn't expect such ridiculous restriction. But I guess that was the intention behind not giving us proper headsup, to make people waste resources, so I don't think all of the sudden they will start making it right now.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The intention behind not giving a heads-up? Highly doubtful. However, the point of having the progress gate contradicts the idea of giving people the means to swap Resources and all be able to do it immediately.

Yeah, at very least rank down tickets should be sent to make up for no proper headsup. I myself ranked up 4star blade with intention to bring him to act6 because I didn't expect such ridiculous restriction. But I guess that was the intention behind not giving us proper headsup, to make people waste resources, so I don't think all of the sudden they will start making it right now.

How could you possibly have made a rational decision to rank up certain champions specifically to use in Act 6 before Act 6 came out? There's no way to know which champions will be remotely usable in content that hasn't been released yet. There are literally an unlimited number of ways in which Act 6 could have made those rank up decisions entirely worthless besides limiting the star rating of the usable champs. Is Kabam responsible for making sure your rank up decisions are always correct?

The issue of advance warning has some relevance to time limited content, but it has zero relevance to permanent content because the only way you could argue that you have only a short amount of advance warning is if you believe you're entitled or even required to start the content immediately upon release. Players actually have an unlimited amount of time to prepare their rosters for Act 6.
    Highly doubtful how? what is the other possible explanation of keeping it secret till very last moment?
    DNA3000 said:

How could you possibly have made a rational decision to rank up certain champions specifically to use in Act 6 before Act 6 came out?
    It is a blade, thats how

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    And you won't get any use at all anywhere else in the game with a 5/50 Blade?

DNA3000 said:

How could you possibly have made a rational decision to rank up certain champions specifically to use in Act 6 before Act 6 came out?
    It is a blade, thats how

Lots of content make Blade worthless. Biohazard nodes, for example. Ranking up for content you can't actually see yet is always a bad decision, and thinking that some champs are just automatically going to be good choices or even work at all on content you haven't seen yet is extremely dangerous. If they hadn't toned down No Retreat prior to launch, your Blade wouldn't have made it past the first node in 6.1.1, regardless of whether or not it might have been useful anywhere else.
    Maybe ocassionaly in aq for fun with skill ascendancy, but thats not what I ranked him up for
    edited March 2019

Highly doubtful how? what is the other possible explanation of keeping it secret till very last moment?

It's just like any other new content they release. They don't announce it until it's time.
    Yes, and I asked what in your opinion is other possible reason for that than making people waste resources. And no, it's not "it's just the way it is", they make concious decisions to do something or to not do something and there is a reason behind each one of them
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to have RDT's to move resources around. Especially for monthly content that seems to favor a more dynamic lineup. We earned the champs, we earned the resources, why can't we be more flexible with how we use it?

-But-

RDT's and the subsequent flexibility is something that Kabam has said they do not want to provide. Every piece of content is clearable with multiple champions. Some champs just make it much easier, but those "easy mode" champs change from month to month. Kabam does not want us fixating on just a handful of specific champs, but rather "explore our roster" a bit more to see what other champs have to offer. Some champs bring very little to the table, while others have specific abilities that are helpful (even if they aren't as good as others).
    edited March 2019
    If you want to give it a diabolical (lol) twist, then I'm sure you could look at it that way. However, that's the main reason. They don't announce anything until it's confirmed that it's as optimal as it can be for release. Hence the "Mum" status on things asked about before their time. They don't talk about it until it's time.
    Further to that, the whole point is that some people will be prepared to do it, and some won't. It's a separator.

Yes, and I asked what in your opinion is other possible reason for that than making people waste resources. And no, it's not "it's just the way it is", they make concious decisions to do something or to not do something and there is a reason behind each one of them

In general, game companies do not discuss design decisions in advance of releasing content until that content is basically completed and the launch date frozen. There are a couple of exceptions to that rule, but the primary reason for doing things this way in general is because once they announce something, they are on the hook if those details change, which they often do during the development process. But whether the design decision is immutable or not is immaterial, because no one can actually be certain about that until the content is actually finalized. I've seen game content that had been worked on for over six months change a critical detail one week before launch due to changing circumstances, so I know it happens.

This is so common of an industry occurrence that ascribing bad motivations for it is extremely weird.
    You are right, if they gave headsup about restrictions and then somewhere along the line decided to remove restrictions, then some players would end up being screwed over either way, so I believe that could be real reasoning. Still, I don't see how rank down tickets and some good will from Kabam for a change would hurt anyone.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    hell to the no.
    You do realize that there is other content in the game where you can use 4* champs right?
    I wouldn't rank down any of my 4* champs just because I can't use them for act 6
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    It also makes no logical sense in that the complaint most people have about the 4* issue is the synergies. A synergy champ is the same at rank 1 and rank 5 so that doesn't make any sense.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No non nein nee njet
This discussion has been closed.