**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Season points docked

NickwhittyNickwhitty Posts: 23
edited March 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
After several emails to kabam support about this issue from a number of member from the alliance and everyone of them being replied to with the same automated reply and instantly closing our case, I figured I’d just write this here in hope that someone from kabam would read this and actually do some investigation into our case because we feel we’ve been unfairly treated and the punishment was too harsh for the crime.
I am the leader of novi orbis [NOVIO] and we had 1.6m points deducted from our season score taking us from rank 10 in master to platinum 3. Reason being was a new recruit we picked up apparently had someone pilot his account in and was banned the next day.. so this player was here for 1 war he cheated and got banned and we removed him immediately. Novio has never once account shared in the previous 8 war season and have been a clean honest alliance from the beginning and if you did some investigation into this you would see it’s the truth. Why is it that 29 other players have to be punished for his wrong doing when we were oblivious to this fact. It’s not like we were deliberately scheming and piloting on multiple accounts it was merely one person who was with us for 1 war.. isn’t punishing the player at fault suffice? He’s just come in for 2 days completely ruined our season and cost us 1.6m points for a war we lost and only gained 1m points.
The generic email you responded to us with also said that no season deductions can be over turned but I’m fact In the past alliances [removed by Moderator] have had their deductions investigated and their points been returned once decided they were wrongly deducted. So I’m asking for someone at kabam to look into this more closely and hopefully come up with a better solution that doesn’t punish 29 loyal long term players.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Sailord12Sailord12 Posts: 9
    That doesn’t seem fair at all. Kabam can tell he was only there for one war. Probably a mole from another masters alliance.
  • TeeNahNTeeNahN Posts: 28
    dude same thing happened to our alliance. Our leader got banned for taking down a noded medusa with his skills. he even died 5-6 times lol. Kabam is total trash.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    TeeNahN said:

dude same thing happened to our alliance. Our leader got banned for taking down a noded medusa with his skills. he even died 5-6 times lol. Kabam is total trash.

No he didn't get banned for that at all. He either got banned for cheating or being piloted. You don't get banned for beating a noded Medusa, and which was it anyway - skills, or revives?
    Kabam should do what they did with the master quaker, review the game log to see there was no cheating and restore the points.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

So I’m asking for someone at kabam to look into this more closely and hopefully come up with a better solution that doesn’t punish 29 loyal long term players.

It is unfortunate, but I don't think there is a better solution. There's no way to know the relationship between the piloted account and everyone else in the alliance. If the only punishment for piloting was for the piloted account to be banned, an alliance could simply allow cheating accounts until they were caught, then just replace them. The fundamental problem is that the alliance gets the benefit of the cheating account and if no punishment accrues to the alliance that makes it worth the risk to cheat, and it's extremely difficult to know if any other member of the alliance is in on it.

I mean, prove to me that the other 29 players didn't all chip in and pay a merc to run the piloted account. You can't. And that means punishing only the piloted account opens the door to exactly this kind of cheating. I'm not accusing anyone of doing this in this case, I'm only pointing out that with no way to distinguish between the rest of the alliance being involved and not, the punishment must deter alliances from doing that in all cases.
  • DNA3000 said:

So I’m asking for someone at kabam to look into this more closely and hopefully come up with a better solution that doesn’t punish 29 loyal long term players.

It is unfortunate, but I don't think there is a better solution. There's no way to know the relationship between the piloted account and everyone else in the alliance. If the only punishment for piloting was for the piloted account to be banned, an alliance could simply allow cheating accounts until they were caught, then just replace them. The fundamental problem is that the alliance gets the benefit of the cheating account and if no punishment accrues to the alliance that makes it worth the risk to cheat, and it's extremely difficult to know if any other member of the alliance is in on it.

I mean, prove to me that the other 29 players didn't all chip in and pay a merc to run the piloted account. You can't. And that means punishing only the piloted account opens the door to exactly this kind of cheating. I'm not accusing anyone of doing this in this case, I'm only pointing out that with no way to distinguish between the rest of the alliance being involved and not, the punishment must deter alliances from doing that in all cases.
    But why would 29 skilled players chip in to pay a merc for 1 player to run path 3.. plus he died and we lost the war.. everyone knows one player can’t make or break a war
  • If it was multiple accounts getting piloted or he’d been here all season then sure we’d be happy to wear the punishment.. why would anyone sitting rank 10 in masters deliberately sacrifice that by account sharing.. this was just the act of one player who was here for 1 war yet 29 players are now paying for it
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

everyone knows one player can’t make or break a war

I can't imagine someone in the masters bracket ever saying that. A lot of the wars in that bracket are won or lost on just a handful of deaths. One player can make a huge difference.

If it was multiple accounts getting piloted or he’d been here all season then sure we’d be happy to wear the punishment.. why would anyone sitting rank 10 in masters deliberately sacrifice that by account sharing.. this was just the act of one player who was here for 1 war yet 29 players are now paying for it

Are you trying to say that since it is too risky for a masters bracket alliance to cheat, Kabam should assume that it never happens or is always just an isolated incident? Good luck with making that case to Kabam.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    DNA3000 said:

I can't imagine someone in the masters bracket ever saying that. A lot of the wars in that bracket are won or lost on just a handful of deaths. One player can make a huge difference.

If it was multiple accounts getting piloted or he’d been here all season then sure we’d be happy to wear the punishment.. why would anyone sitting rank 10 in masters deliberately sacrifice that by account sharing.. this was just the act of one player who was here for 1 war yet 29 players are now paying for it

Are you trying to say that since it is too risky for a masters bracket alliance to cheat, Kabam should assume that it never happens or is always just an isolated incident? Good luck with making that case to Kabam.
    What he is trying to say that since the player was a new member, only there for 3 days total and played in 1 war total this season, kabam shouldnt punish 29 others with a 1.6mil point deduction. There has to be a better way then punishing honest players but kabam wont even hear them out. I am 100% for banning and punishing cheaters to the fullest, but punishing people who clearly didn’t know is just wrong and a great way to lose customers.
    One player can’t make a masters alliance, so they are not worth the risk. But one player can break an alliance.
  • DNA3000 said:

No that’s not what I was trying to say bro, we’ve been masters the last 5 season we know the rules and the punishments, kabam can check their logs and see that this alliance has never account shared, and just because we can’t prove that we didn’t hire merc( to come and die on path 3 for 1 war) doesn’t mean that we should get such a severe punishment.
    And as far as you thinking 1 player will make a difference to us winning or losing, our closest war this season was 4 death differential so assuming we removed a player who was going to die 4 times in that war then I’d have to disagree. You need all 30 members to play there part not 1
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

But why would 29 skilled players chip in to pay a merc for 1 player to run path 3.. plus he died and we lost the war.. everyone knows one player can’t make or break a war
    One player can absolutely break a war, though in this case I agree with you. The idea that the whole alliance "benefited" from the piloted account in cases like this is rubbish. But we live at a time where we aren't allowed to apply wisdom to a situation and make judgement calls. We can only apply policies that can't distinguish between a guy who died piloting path 3 and an alliance who uses pilots to take out hard paths, minis and bosses.
  • These Forums are not the place to discuss any actions taken on individual accounts, including the deduction of Season Points. There is more information HERE regarding account sharing and piloting.
This discussion has been closed.