**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you kidding me

Comments

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

Yeah I'm not really enjoying this week. You get 500% extra Heavy, and AI that won't let you get one off. I could take it or leave it this week. I can deal with the Nodes, no complaints there. I have no patience for AI that's timed to speed up and Intercept everything you do. I might give it a go, I might say the heck with it. Not worth the stress.

A good strategy I learned today, from the forums actually, is when he uses his SP1 swipe back to the very left (I think two dash backs) and hold a heavy until he finishes, then release it. Also, you can swipe back once from his heavy and instant heavy him back.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Yeah I got a few hits in, but after what I went through to get Sinister down, I don't have much patience to try again tonight. Like I said, I'm not on a Podium or anything, just a pass. I might give it another go later, but for now I could take it or leave it. The AI is just too sneaky for my liking, and I'm not investing hundreds of Units for a few hundred Shards. Not going for the Gem anyway.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    i thought this week is the easiest quest. That Kingpin has no special things except health over 300k and stun immune... also Kingpin really can't even hold his sp1. you can combine it with heavy attack after his heavy attack.. i beat him with my r2 spider gwen 2/45..
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Yeah I got a few hits in, but after what I went through to get Sinister down, I don't have much patience to try again tonight. Like I said, I'm not on a Podium or anything, just a pass. I might give it another go later, but for now I could take it or leave it. The AI is just too sneaky for my liking, and I'm not investing hundreds of Units for a few hundred Shards. Not going for the Gem anyway.

Oh, I wish I didn't want this gem so much haha.
    Besides, I don't have the best options above 4/40. I know lots of people can do it with that, just not that well-versed with Sparky. I'm like the last person to pick him up. LOL. SG has just undergone changes and I'm still getting used to her. He ate through my Electro, AV couldn't get a hit in because of the whiffing, and Venom wasn't much help. Meh, maybe I'll try again, maybe not.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    It all depends on your roster.
    My problem is week 1. Don't have the champs to take one Ultron, w/o power to fire sp.
    Week 2, I did ok with my maxed out AA/Magik/Domino
    Week 3, I may be ok, didn't try it yet. I have 5* 4/45 Sparky, with synergy.
    Week 4, will be ok again, I guess. 5* 4/45 Masacre, 5* 3/35 LC, Domino and saber 4* maxed out.

So, I can understand op's frustrations.
  • PraiseKek said:

This fight was actually the easiest boss so far in the Intel event. Minister Sinister was a BS fight on the other hand, but Kingpin? Kingpin was easy.

Yeah exactly, Sinister was the hardest boss so far. But kingpin was easy asf
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Belfigor said:

Mr_A_Dog said:

It’s the 3rd week for the special event quest and I can’t believe that you made the GD Kingpin so strong. What the hell is wrong with you. Do you want people to stop playing the game. I feel I’m pretty good, but damn, 300,000 plus for his health. This is what’s going to make me stop playing. At least make Kingpin 150,000. I’m getting nowhere on this guy. I’m about ready to say “F” this game. We’re not all top players, but would like a F-ing chance to get the rewards. Screw this BS. I swear, I’m about done.

they only want people that spend money to get the 5 star awakening crystal so jut wait for week 4, it is gonna be crazy, they are gonna prevent as many as they can to get 5000 intel unless you spend money
    That sounds like a challenge. I'm in.
    ẞlооd said:

Oh, I wish I didn't want this gem so much haha.
    I'm sitting on one that I'm still trying to pull a decent option for, I wasn't willing to risk two. LOL.
  • TO_BeatzTO_Beatz Posts: 73
    edited March 2019
    He wasn't hard at all. I only had to use one revive to 100% it because I messed up with Sparky and took a belly flop to the face.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom what’s your ign?
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

Yeah I'm not really enjoying this week. You get 500% extra Heavy, and AI that won't let you get one off. I could take it or leave it this week. I can deal with the Nodes, no complaints there. I have no patience for AI that's timed to speed up and Intercept everything you do. I might give it a go, I might say the heck with it. Not worth the stress.

It has nothing to do with the A.I. It is just your timing. Bait the L1, as soon as Swings to smack you with his cane, you dash back and heavy. Champs with short dash backs are probably better with their range, but I hit him almost every time. Otherwise, just play him like a normal stun immune Kingpin.
    edited March 2019
    This game makes me laugh if nothing else. For some very odd reason the majority of the playing community wholeheartedly believes they are of equal skill, and if others are accomplishing something that they are not, then something is definitely broken, rigged, or a cash grab.

Let me be clear that it is not my intention to belittle anyone. Although, it surely may seem like that to some. I do not mean to. However, this dude is just the AQ boss. He has no crazy nodes, and literally offers you a 500% attack boost on your heavy.

ROL Winter Soldier has more health, and I’ve taken him down with 5/50 Carnage and Venom multiple times.

I may have missed something. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. 😋👍

It has nothing to do with the A.I. It is just your timing. Bait the L1, as soon as Swings to smack you with his cane, you dash back and heavy. Champs with short dash backs are probably better with their range, but I hit him almost every time. Otherwise, just play him like a normal stun immune Kingpin.
    I've studied the AI for the last 3 weeks, and compared that to what I've seen in over 3 years. The behavior of the AI, and the timings, are undoubtedly different. It's much more amped up, and it operates with an Intercept tactic that whiffs you the second you try to make a move. The reactions are completely sped up, and there is very little window to do anything because it is immediately responsive. This isn't the Thread to discuss it, but you will not succeed in convincing me the AI isn't jacked up. That's not even debatable with me.
    JChanceH9 said:

@GroundedWisdom what’s your ign?

I don't share it on the Forum. For obvious reasons. I like to keep my discussions on the Forum.
  • The_Mighty_ToeThe_Mighty_Toe Posts: 132
    I was pissed at first as it took me 200 units on right side. Left side I dropped him 80% with my 5* R3 spider Gwen. Miles finished him easy and I never threw one heavy, just get a rhythm and he is toast.

200 units for epic isn’t horrible. My SG was my strongest champ.
    Miles helped? The Auto-Evade?

I've studied the AI for the last 3 weeks, and compared that to what I've seen in over 3 years. The behavior of the AI, and the timings, are undoubtedly different. It's much more amped up, and it operates with an Intercept tactic that whiffs you the second you try to make a move. The reactions are completely sped up, and there is very little window to do anything because it is immediately responsive. This isn't the Thread to discuss it, but you will not succeed in convincing me the AI isn't jacked up. That's not even debatable with me.
    I agree the A.I. seemingly has changed a bit here and there with different updates over the years, but usually after a week or whatever I guess I adapt my play style, and forget about it. I’ve never found it to be an issue honestly.

Well, it does suck that you are having troubles. I wish everyone only success.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Mr_A_Dog said:

I feel I’m pretty good, but damn, 300,000 plus for his health. This is what’s going to make me stop playing. At least make Kingpin 150,000.

300,000 health kingpin is a longer fight than 150,000 kingpin but it's not a harder fight. If you are pretty good you should be able to bait his SP1 and combo until he's dead. Boring fight. It's a little more fun if you intercept him with heavy's for the damage boost. If it's as hard as you are describing, you are doing it wrong.
    A bit, I could handle. This is entirely too apparent for me. It's not a small adjustment. It's a complete change from anything that I consider reasonable. When you have two modes, passive and aggressive, and they Intercept every Medium, Evade spontaneously, Block every attempt, have varying speeds of movement within the same Fight, will sit and wait for seconds just to whiff you as you move, come at you faster than you can chain Evades,......LOL.
    I apologize. I could go on and on. Not what we're here for. It's different is my point. Makes any Fight where you can die in one Combo a nightmare.

A bit, I could handle. This is entirely too apparent for me. It's not a small adjustment. It's a complete change from anything that I consider reasonable. When you have two modes, passive and aggressive, and they Intercept every Medium, Evade spontaneously, Block every attempt, have varying speeds of movement within the same Fight, will sit and wait for seconds just to whiff you as you move, come at you faster than you can chain Evades,......LOL.
    I apologize. I could go on and on. Not what we're here for. It's different is my point. Makes any Fight where you can die in one Combo a nightmare.

Felt like any Kingpin boss fight to me.
    Agreed. Except you can smash him to bits with heavy attacks.
    Equally as strange when people say they don't see it. Lol. I'm like, are we playing the same game? XD
    In any event, I'm glad people don't have trouble with it. I'm #nothappy. :)
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

I can agree that it was slightly different than a usual kingpin fight, but the timing was mostly the same. If anything, it was easier to predict because of the aggressive node. Then again, I tend to pick up different AI interactions pretty quickly, so muscle memory might be screwing some people who aren’t used to kingpin over
  • REiiGN15REiiGN15 Posts: 120
    I'm not mad that they have him with high health, it's honestly their unoriginality. I mean, really? Kingpin is top of all the Symbiotes and Spider-verse? He's like Lex Luthor but he's no Zod.

I can agree that it was slightly different than a usual kingpin fight, but the timing was mostly the same. If anything, it was easier to predict because of the aggressive node. Then again, I tend to pick up different AI interactions pretty quickly, so muscle memory might be screwing some people who aren’t used to kingpin over
    No, I mean I don't like fighting him. That's just how I've always felt. I can manage. My biggest issue is the AI behavior. That's why I just said meh. If I do it, fine. If not, I'm not breaking my back. I spent enough taking Sinister down, just because I had to top off a 5*.
  • Drat32Drat32 Posts: 34
    I thought Kingpin was the easiest boss fight so far. 69 hits with 5/65 Sparky, no hits taken. Epic isn’t for everyone though.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    True. Kingpin is fairly straightforward, but the health pool is a bit ridiculous, making it tedious and easy to slip up. The most important thing to remember is that not every kill has to be a one shot, and you can send in some cannon fodder to get used to the fight before bringing in your top champ