**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you kidding me

Comments

• ThednessThedness Posts: 27
    I think the trick for Kingpin is to not use auto evade champs. I kept getting clipped after a green evade. Spidergwen did great, but Venon the Duck was a legit mvp
  • ThednessThedness Posts: 27

Yeah I'm not really enjoying this week. You get 500% extra Heavy, and AI that won't let you get one off. I could take it or leave it this week. I can deal with the Nodes, no complaints there. I have no patience for AI that's timed to speed up and Intercept everything you do. I might give it a go, I might say the heck with it. Not worth the stress.

When you evade his sp1, swipe back twice, then punish it with your heavy.
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
    This is Doc Ock from epic map:

And this is from master:

Yep, you see it right. Also master kingpin has 100k health, while heroic has around 18k. The numbers are all over the place

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Thedness said:

Yeah I'm not really enjoying this week. You get 500% extra Heavy, and AI that won't let you get one off. I could take it or leave it this week. I can deal with the Nodes, no complaints there. I have no patience for AI that's timed to speed up and Intercept everything you do. I might give it a go, I might say the heck with it. Not worth the stress.

Tried that. 5 Champs I got 2 or 3 Heavies off because he jerks forward and whiffs by the time you get to him. Hence the AI complaints. Lol.
  • LeonidasFayeLeonidasFaye Posts: 9
    Look I'm not the biggest Kabam fan right now but geez people complain when it's too hard people complain if it's too easy... if everything was easier there would be no need to progress. KP is the AQ boss and we see him 5 out of every 8 days. If you aren't used to fighting him by now not sure what to say.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Thedness said:

Tried that. 5 Champs I got 2 or 3 Heavies off because he jerks forward and whiffs by the time you get to him. Hence the AI complaints. Lol.
    Another thing you can do is hold block and when he goes for the heavy, swipe back and immediately fire a heavy. Or go the slow way and keep baiting his SP1. Hit him while he is blocking to push him back and get his power bar up if you need to.
  • giantyogi1435giantyogi1435 Posts: 10
    I fought him in heroic mode so I didn't have much of a problem
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Thedness said:

Another thing you can do is hold block and when he goes for the heavy, swipe back and immediately fire a heavy. Or go the slow way and keep baiting his SP1. Hit him while he is blocking to push him back and get his power bar up if you need to.
    That's what I'm trying to say. He whiffed every Heavy I tried, save for a couple. I saw the suggestion on here before I fought him so I went in with that in mind. It's the AI that is way too reactive. I might give it another go sometime, but frankly I could care less. It's just a little too much frustration compared to enjoyment.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Do you think there will be Intel in unit bundles towards the end of the event?
    I've 100% the first 2 weeks but I don't think I'll be able to 100% week 3.
    I just don't have the champs for it, it took 183 hits with my 5/50 vtd to take down master kingpin.

I think I'll be just short of the 5k Intel needed for the 5* gem.
    I've got 2905 Intel now and I've only done master once so far this week, haven't done any other difficulties this week yet but I will.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    This was by far the easiest fight of the 3 weeks. How long has KP been an AQ boss? If you haven't figured out how to kill him by now it's your own fault. Use the huge heavy attack boost and he's easy AF. Heavy attack right after the last part of his sp1 and he goes down in no time at all. And counter his heavy with your heavy. Dash back and fire yours off when he does his. Same as you would against IMIW.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Easy clap this week, really not that hard once you establish a rhythm. Just like AQ you just have to keep him in S1 range. Probably the easiest S1 to bait in the game also. Massive health pool but the fight is basically possible for anyone in your roster.
    Really interested with what they have in store for us next week with fury. EQ was really easy so I’d imagine they will try and find some different combinations for him
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    The_One said:

Do you think there will be Intel in unit bundles towards the end of the event?
    I've 100% the first 2 weeks but I don't think I'll be able to 100% week 3.
    I just don't have the champs for it, it took 183 hits with my 5/50 vtd to take down master kingpin.

I think I'll be just short of the 5k Intel needed for the 5* gem.
    I've got 2905 Intel now and I've only done master once so far this week, haven't done any other difficulties this week yet but I will.

Was hoping for similar as well. I’ll get the AG but really want some rank materials to go with it
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    It's a pretty fair fight, except when you don't have proper spider verse champions.
    I would say that all the bosses have been challenging but fun the only bs was fighting vision sentinel and then mister sinister.
    Pitting mutants against sentinels is not at all funny. Stop with it already.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The line with the thing bouncing off of it is the block button, and I think "ST" executes a special three attack. Grandpa says "SC" is "send cash" but he might still have hard feelings about never pulling that one-star Whizzer.

And the K is form Kabamed.... where you automatically lose due to RNG.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Statistically, it looks like people aren't as epic as they thought because there are a lot of people here that are breezing through this, and then there are some that are struggling with it. Looks like it's working as intended.

OP, trust me when i say that doing challenges like this only make you better. we've all be in content like this, but even now with our 5/50 4*s (I was forced to use classic spiderman and electro), it can be done pretty easily.
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    Mr_A_Dog said:

It’s the 3rd week for the special event quest and I can’t believe that you made the GD Kingpin so strong. What the hell is wrong with you. Do you want people to stop playing the game. I feel I’m pretty good, but damn, 300,000 plus for his health. This is what’s going to make me stop playing. At least make Kingpin 150,000. I’m getting nowhere on this guy. I’m about ready to say “F” this game. We’re not all top players, but would like a F-ing chance to get the rewards. Screw this BS. I swear, I’m about done.

Not all events will be for all... But my venom pretty much heavy hit him like 22 times to get him out...
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63
    Smash said:

Ironically Kingpin was the easiest boss so far but getting the most complains. I’m actually worried about Nick Fury next week since I don’t have too many available champs for that fight

That's the main reason I'm concerned with this week. Most I got is a r3 Spidey classic and Carnage 5*s haha
  • C4ptainC4ptain Posts: 63

Man that KP is totally BS.
    I just fight him r5 venom.
    180 hits and I all the damage done by me is just 120k.
    How the hell I am gonna complete this.
    That mr. Sinister was by far the easiest boss for me. The kingpin is bs.
    And I have asked here before I did as per suggestions but my champion are getting koed just by block hits.
    To all expert player here I agree with you that you have faced KP daily in AQ which stronger than this but we are mediocre player that doesn't fair with us.
    They should make its health at most 200k.
    That will be fair for most community to atleast complete this Quest.

You just said it yourself bud, mediocre players. Epic is for those that are killing AQ bosses in map 4 and 5. If you're not, maybe take a step down to the lower difficulty.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I've cleared only Master on previous weeks, (Epic is over my head for now, don't have proper champs and not ranked up enough) ..

but so far, first 2 weeks were easy for me ... this week was hardest ..
    but not because KP was hard .. because my maxed 4* and ranked up 5* are mostly avengers and x-men! So this week, my strongest 5 champs were (in order)

4* rank 4 Electro (duped)
    4* rank 4 Iron Patriot (duped)
    4* rank 4 Spider Man (duped)
    4* rank 3 Rhino (Unduped)
    4* rank 1 level 1 Dr. Octopus (Unduped)

Pick my MVP vs Kingpin ..

Rhino ... yeah ... seriously .. Rhino :)
    He by far had the easiest time vs KP.
    Iron Patriot was close 2nd

Rhino is good because I didn't have to sit and wait for the blocks ...
    Rhino is king of intercept ... he always wins intercept ... always.
    And every so often you'll get unblockable into his block ...
    just kept it up until I got hits, or baited his heavy/sp1 .. :)
    lather-rinse-repeat ..

Yeah, I still needed some revives and heals on this one (didn't on first 2 weeks)
    but it was mostly due to lack of good champs vs him and using sub-par champs .. *shrug*
  • Blubfish_666Blubfish_666 Posts: 237
    R3 5* unduped carnage did it for me. The fight wasn’t hard but it was long due to the lack of available spiderverse champs on my account
  • To all the one barking here it's easy n blah blah.
    Do it with r4 4* n put you video here
    I will quit the game happily then .
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145

Wasnt made to be easy. They aren’t gonna make it easy for everyone to earn enough intel to buy a 5* awakening gem. NOT ALL EVENT SIDE QUESTS ARE GWENPOOL GOES TO THE MOVIES

He was being sarcastic.
    This was not a hard boss. They gave us a guy that many alreay play weekly in AQ with very little difference. If you eat heavies you die anyways so it doesn't matter that his heavy is juiced. And you should be playing him like h's stun immune anyway since he can shrug it off. I solo'd him twice with a r3 Venom. Sparky sitting on the bench would have made it even easier, but wanted to get some play in with Venom. This is absolutely a whiner fest, if its too hard then you aren't ready for it or you need to spend. All content is not for all players.
  • It's not about easy or hard.
    It third chapter for epic not a sumboid in LOL or act 6 defender.

It's not about easy or hard.

It obviously isn't considering the amount of people that didn't have problem with it. And yes you are complaining that its too hard.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I just completed epic with
    5/50 VtD
    5/50 stark (not awakened)
    4/40 Miles Morales
    4/40 Sym Spidey
    3/45 Venompool

Used 1 revive and a few pots in KP.
    I knew this would be my worst week for champs I could use.
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118

It's not about easy or hard.

If you're going to complain at least spell the champion correctly. "Symbioid".

And read your post again, you said it right there. It's "Epic". It's not supposed to be easy. I don't think it's easy nor do I think it's hard. It's just challenging and time consuming if you don't use heavies.

They are giving away a 5* awakening gem if you complete all levels (which leads to gaining the right amount of Intel). If you can't do it, clearly you're not at that level yet. Everyone always has something to complain about.

Search "king pin" in that corner white box of your screen, there's examples how people even did it with a 4* science champion, which has a disadvantage. So chill. People here are giving tips on how to do it yet all y'all can see is something to complain about.