**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many acts will be released in total?

Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
Will they stop at 6, 7, 8 or what? Have they said anything? If there is no official word on it from kabam then what is your guess.

Comments

• Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    There will probably be a new set of acts with a new story arc, unless Kabam decides to completely remake the game at its stories conclusion, which I doubt.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★

Act 6 has been confirmed as the last act of this story arc. Presumably there will be a new story arc and a new Act 1 but now idea when or how many acts that story will include.

I agree on this. Besides Act 6 is barely bringing shards of t5c. We dont know the recipe yet for a 6* r5. So it would be either Act 7 or 8... or a new set of acts, like Variant mode.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

Act 6 has been confirmed as the last act of this story arc. Presumably there will be a new story arc and a new Act 1 but now idea when or how many acts that story will include.

I agree on this. Besides Act 6 is barely bringing shards of t5c. We dont know the recipe yet for a 6* r5. So it would be either Act 7 or 8... or a new set of acts, like Variant mode.
    Presumably, t3a for r4, t6b for r5.
    Unless they introduce a new cat type.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    I just have a feeling that once 6* champs are able to be maxed out it's gonna stop there. It took over 2 years for us to be able to max rank a 5* so It'll probably take that long to do the same for 6* champs. So who knows what content they will release to get to that point but probably act 7 and that'll be it. I really don't see 7* champs being introduced but I've been suprised before but it really does make you think how long Kabam can keep this game going cause 4 years is a very long time and they've probably got plenty of stuff left in store but it has to die out eventually, or it will evolve into a console game maybe.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Im hyped for act 9 guys! Gonna take my 6/90 7* maestro
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    DRTO said:

I just have a feeling that once 6* champs are able to be maxed out it's gonna stop there. It took over 2 years for us to be able to max rank a 5* so It'll probably take that long to do the same for 6* champs. So who knows what content they will release to get to that point but probably act 7 and that'll be it. I really don't see 7* champs being introduced but I've been suprised before but it really does make you think how long Kabam can keep this game going cause 4 years is a very long time and they've probably got plenty of stuff left in store but it has to die out eventually, or it will evolve into a console game maybe.

Nobody plans games like this to end. Almost all of them eventually do, but they end when players stop playing them or stop spending money on them. The design always presumes the game will exist indefinitely.

I don't know why people think there's even a tiny chance Kabam or any other game company would think like this. I think it is connected to the fact that many players of games like this think it is *supposed* to end like a single player game so they can "finish." But Kabam is no more planning the last Act of MCOC than Marvel is planning on the last Marvel movie in the cinematic universe.

Four years is actually not a long time for a progressional game. Most games would be lucky to last that long, but among MMOs (which MCOC resembles more than the typical mobile or fighting game) four years old would be adolescence. I played City of Heroes for eight years until they folded, and they folded because the publisher chose to shutter it, not because the game was going downhill. I still have an account for Star Trek Online which is nine years old, I have friends that have been playing WoW for about fourteen years now, and I know someone that has been playing Eve Online for even longer than that. Heck, I was in the Champions Online pre-alpha community for longer than probably most players have been playing MCOC now.

They are working on Act 6.2 now. All of Act 6 is probably sketched on a white board now. And Act 7+ (or Arc 2) is probably at least being mused about right now. That's probably the next four years of story content that is at least being brainstormed ahead of time.