**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

UPDATE OLD CHAMPIONS

To be short and sweet. Almost all old original champions are either boring to play as or missing some aspects to their character.

As I was fighting omega red with wolverine, I noticed how basic wolverine's attack animations are.

Compared to new champions such as
Captain marvel, sentry, Doc Ock, sabertooth, iron man (infinity war), old champions have very boring and basic animations. Some are even missing abilities they have in the comics since forever.

Compare Spider-man(classic) to
Spider-man (Stark enhanced) and you see personality and how fast and agile Spider-man (stark enhanced) is but classic Spider-man is stiff? And fights like a normal martial artist?

Wolverine and Black Panther have the same attack animations. Basic and boring. Yet X-23 and black panther from civil war have unique animations that show off their character.

A few years ago, before Mr.Fix it was introduced, almost all big champions such as hulk, abomination and rhino had the Same exact animations and this was fixed later down the line.

Why is a man who is the best fighter in comic book history with claws comic out of his hands, fighting like a normal person? Why does Symbiote Spider-man have a symbiote on but has the same animations as classic spider-man? Imagine venom was animated to fight like colossus.

Hulk is missing his iconic healing factor, but other hulk champions have it? Where is wolverine's berserker rage? Captain America is the first avenger yet Taskmaster and Civil Warrior look 10 million times better than him with a shield. Civil Warrior and Cap are the same person. How come almost all female champions have the exact same fighting animations?

Another time, dr.strange and iron fist, and Drax had basic and regular standing punching kicking animations and were changed drastically for the better to fit the characters. So this request isn't out of the ordinary. Spider-gwen just had her special 1 animation changed this past week.

Older Champions are outshined by newer champions and are too basic. Storm has the power of weather at her finger tips. Lighting surges through her body yet she fights the exact same way as classic captain marvel, ms marvel, magik, gamora etc.

List of basic copies
Spider-man(classic)
Spider-man (Symbiote)
Miles Morales
Wolverine
Black Panther
Deadpool
Deadpool (xforce)
Electro
All iron men fight the same
Captain America

Magik
Storm
Gamora
Captain Marvel (classic)
Ms.Marvel (classic)
Scarlet Witch
Black Widow

I'm not asking for brand new animations, but at least improve them or mix it up a bit, because these new champions are fireworks exploding compared to these old champions that are just a lit match being blown out.

Ps. Why does captain America's 3rd special look so dumb?

Comments

• Boomfiend527__Boomfiend527__ Posts: 89
    SGs special 1 animation was changed because it dealt no damage
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
    They are older champions back when the game was way more simple than it is now, they didn't have the player base to warrant making different animations for all those champions
    Because those older champs are a majority of the defenders in story quests, it is easier for newer players to learn combat basics without adjusting to different animations every other fight. The game is really frustrating before you learn basic combos, intercepting, and unlock parry and dexterity
  • mmmpunchmmmpunch Posts: 102
    @Boomfiend527__ I can see that being a valid point, but how come there are relatively new champions in act 1, chapter 1? With newer animations? This is act 1, chapter 1, number 6. I don't think everyone should get new animations because that's just ridiculous. I would just like to see more variety in old champions.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    mmmpunch said:

@Boomfiend527__ I can see that being a valid point, but how come there are relatively new champions in act 1, chapter 1? With newer animations? This is act 1, chapter 1, number 6. I don't think everyone should get new animations because that's just ridiculous. I would just like to see more variety in old champions.

they updated act 1 quite some time ago now.
    very good change to add diversity there.

the reason for it being so is simple.

when the game was made it was done as such as it is easier and saves time / space to re-use exisitng models, animations etc.
    As the game grew and wat not they have been able to do stuff they couldnt before and also the large player base warrants more time spent developing.

i do agree however that things should be re-visited.
    some attacks have been changed from wat they were to mix it up a little WS sp2 for example

On another note I’d like to see a Falcon buff where he blocks with an extended wing like in the movies and gets additional armor while blocking to take less damage while recon scanning
    @Boomfiend527__ welp if anyone gets new animations, I'd love to see Wolverine revamped. Or Symbiote Spider-man where he uses the Symbiote to attack instead of a costume change. I totally agree with the falcon thing
    Yeah same with the symbiote spider man thing on another thread I mentioned he should get a Cruelty buff for x seconds whenever he fills a bar of power because the symbiote gets stronger and brings out Spidy’s crueler side
    Also, I’m not asking for a total rework, but I would like to see the older Captain America’s added onto a little bit
    Like for regular cap he could have abilities like:

All Attacks

- Cap’s time with the Avengers has taught him a thing or two, generating 70% less power in opponent’s suffering from a Fatigue debuff.

Blocking

- Cap’s near impenetrable sheild prevents opponent’s from triggering abilities through a Perfect Block.
    Just to update them a little
    @Boomfiend527__ I honestly love both ideas you've stated, I'm just not sure how likely it is that Kabam will actually update older champions
  • HammerManHammerMan Posts: 12
    Cap WWII and Original Cap should have an updated first attack. Slamming the shield down is kinda lame. He should bash his opponent like the Civil Warrior.
    Also, WWII Cap should pull a gun as his first Special attack. This would be consistent with him carrying a gun in the First Avenger movie.
    Wolverine's claws should cause more consistent bleed effects. He is fight with his claws out all the time. X-Force Deadpool has no visible blade showing, yet he causes bleed effects with every landed blow.
    Ghost Rider should be immune to poison affects. If he can withstand bleed attacks, because he is not flesh and blood, why would poison affect him?
    Phoenix should either be available as Dark Phoenix, or when she uses her Special Attack 3, turn into Dark Phoenix. Kinda like Void/Sentry.
    Archangel should be immune to poison. He excretes the stuff.
    Unstoppable Colossus should be as big as Juggernaut. Its not like Juggernaut was that big before he got the gem of Cyttorak
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    technically, Spider-man has never used the symbiote to do anything other than give him unlimited webbing
  • Hey guys, if you haven't already, please take a moment to share any Champion improvement suggestions you may have in THIS discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.