**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Green Goblin as a Tech Champion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    its so disappointed... it should be science... omg Kabam...
  • RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    MsDomino wrote: »
    dave2380 wrote: »
    Will not include Green Goblin...words are hard to even come by to explain just how stupid a decision that is.

Kabam hates science is the only possible conclusion.

Your thoughts?

It's monumentally stupid on two levels:

1) This game desperately needs some good science champs. Green Goblin seemed like a pretty easy choice to make Science based on his background which brings me to my next point...
    2) All his abilities are derived from a serum that he invented. How is that tech and not science? He's got some cool gadgets, sure (pumpkin bombs, goblin glider, etc) which are def tech, but without that serum he's basically nothing

This.

Subscribed.
  • SupaflyaznSupaflyazn Posts: 75
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    In true Director of Shield fashion, Kabam you Mother f*kers...
    @Kabam Miike @Ad0ra_ You are going to make me sit on this 5* Science Awakening gem that I spent my hard earned money on, because you decided to make the crystal a random class, instead of letting us choose what 5* Awakening gem class best suits us... I can't believe you would make Green Goblin a Tech! I have been waiting for him or Doc Oc ever since I got this damn Science Awakening gem from that deal in June, and as it stands right now... this gem seems pretty useless!!!

The deal was on the 4th of July, so not even a month. Also, the mods don't determine the classes of champs so stop throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

Alright @Viper1987 I'm assuming you got what you wanted? Look man, I'm not throwing a temper tantrum... it's just not the ideal that I was hoping for. Especially since rumors are that Doc Oc is Tech? That would be the straw that broke the camel's back... Do you know how long I and a lot of the community have been waiting for a good Spider Man enemy to come out? They give us Carbage and now when I get my hopes up for Green Goblin, and his leaked abilities look formidable, I find out he's a Tech. You'd be pretty pissed too, if the only 5* Awakening Gem you had acquired was a Science, and you can't do a God damn thing with it!!!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Sounds suspiciously like a temper tantrum to me...

There are a lot of people with solid points, and I agree he should have been science as well. Hopefully they have some science coming out soon, though I don't know who that may be based on the character map they gave us a few months back.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    Sounds suspiciously like a temper tantrum to me...

There are a lot of people with solid points, and I agree he should have been science as well. Hopefully they have some science coming out soon, though I don't know who that may be based on the character map they gave us a few months back.

Mr. Sinister in October and Gladiator Hulk in November are my guesses.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Also, gladiator hulk wears armor, he's tech. ;)
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    There are so many good science champs! What are you all complaining about?
    You have Quake, Hulk,...........................
    Ummm... psst a little help here please.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    So I did a rough count and am pretty sure there are 16 science and (finally) 16 tech, minus OG Vision. If they didn't add one or two more techs, i.e. Goblin and Doc, it would remain as the smallest class just as it has been. That's less fair to me than beefing up science just because we haven't seen one in forever.

I agree science needs to have more than the one exceptional character it has in Quake, but even if I'm wrong, why is this such a big deal?
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    A lot of us never want to see nerfs anger so many people again as they did in 12. A true science power controlling champ to balance out all the over representation of mystics in war would be extremely well received. It should come as no surprise that many people are disappointed in the tech choice with gg.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @Batty_Numppo it's not always about fair and they clearly didn't have an issue with tech being under-represented through the first half of 2017 in the game. Since they added so many science champs early, now we are seeing a tech spidey and a tech goblin when both should really be science champs. These long runs of a single class are no good, I'd love to see them cycle 4 of each class per year.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    This is creating a huge bottleneck in advancement. With so many tech champs released only 1-2 can be ranked up for most people. Each month should contain different classes
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    So I did a rough count and am pretty sure there are 16 science and (finally) 16 tech, minus OG Vision. If they didn't add one or two more techs, i.e. Goblin and Doc, it would remain as the smallest class just as it has been. That's less fair to me than beefing up science just because we haven't seen one in forever.

I agree science needs to have more than the one exceptional character it has in Quake, but even if I'm wrong, why is this such a big deal?
    I counted 16 science and 17 tech minus OG vision.1shjmm1ybfrt.jpg

Edit: I'm assuming you forgot about Kang.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    FPC3 wrote: »
    The deal was on the 4th of July, so not even a month. Also, the mods don't determine the classes of champs so stop throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

Kabam clearly is conspiring against all players with Science gems and no champs to use them on. They realized the time was right to STRIKE!

Fortunately they did not strike with much skill, or they would have had the class advantage.
  • Joe77Joe77 Posts: 38
    Don't be so sure about gladiator hulk being science. His appearance in the Thor movie appears to be in a cosmic realm soooo, they'll likely make him cosmic
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited August 2017
    Why not have GG be science and palette swap a Hobgoblin as Tech? Would make more sense
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Can't have a top tier science champ to kill all those AW bosses or Dormy in AQ. What do you expect from a scummy company like KABAM?
  • MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    Jesus Kabam....give me a break with the Techs...

flvdmco03umw.png
  • Gladiator Hulk will be cosmic, I bet.
  • mkqppx8o62yb.png

Kabam, your bio for Green Goblin says his principle enhancement is the serum he took.

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?
  • SanvondesSanvondes Posts: 13
    I have two cosmic 5* gems... if gladiator hulk is cosmic i will quit
  • SanvondesSanvondes Posts: 13
    Science... i mean science
  • JJW wrote: »
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

Kabam, your bio for Green Goblin says his principle enhancement is the serum he took.

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

Well, if he was making use of the Serum's abilities while fighting, then making him a Science Champ would make more sense. As we have stated before, his method of fighting does not take advantage of his Serum, but of the Oscorp technology. This is just one of the reasons that he is a Tech Champion.
  • JJW wrote: »
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

Get out of here with your logic
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »

Kabam clearly is conspiring against all players with Science gems and no champs to use them on. They realized the time was right to STRIKE!

What?
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    I di$agree. His $erum makes him a $cience ba$ed champ.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    JJW wrote: »
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

Get out of here with your logic

"Unhinged and armed with Oscorp's most advanced weaponry....".
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

anyone notice the "#science" hashtag? lol
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

Well, if he was making use of the Serum's abilities while fighting, then making him a Science Champ would make more sense. As we have stated before, his method of fighting does not take advantage of his Serum, but of the Oscorp technology. This is just one of the reasons that he is a Tech Champion.

I don't agree or disagree with making him tech. Was just reading the thread over and wanted to comment.

I always assumed the class relationship is not based on how they fight, but their origin story. I mean, Hulk smashes things, but he's science because of his history not his fighting style. Otherwise Hulk would be skill because he uses his fists.

So, what I think people are saying is that Green Goblin became who he is because of the Goblin serum and so people assumed that meant he was a science champion.

I can see why Kabaam would go for making him Tech since he uses a lot of technology, but that's why people are confused.
    Wrong comic book, but if you strapped a phaser onto Superman it doesn't make him a Tech, he's still Cosmic.