**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam remove gifting badge ?

2»

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Hey gang,

The Gifting and Conversion badges have been removed from the Unit Packages as we investigate some alarming behavior that has been discovered.

We don’t have any more to announce right now but will update you all as we get more information.

It slightly worries me that somebody in the community has to point this out for a comment to be posted, instead of being transparent about it from the start. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was no post stating you removed the gifting badge & if nobody had noticed, how are we certain we were ever aware of this issue
    You might be wrong there. There could be an exploit where they stack or something, so you could give x items for the price of 1, or they might have found a way to convert loyalty/gold/bc into units; it could be any number of things that Kabam wants to keep on the down low so people don’t flock to exploit while they can.
    They aren’t wrong... that’s exactly what happened, lol
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They have discovered an exploitable hole and want to close it. They are doing a lot of that lately!
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    wonder how bad the exploit was.
    maybe it was a stolen credit card, purchase on alt account, gift to main,
    or similar kinda dodgy illegal bs.
    or fraud, purchase using ur own card on an alt account and then request a chargeback saying unautorised transaction.
    and people doing it on ther alt to keep their main safe.
  • Warpig31Warpig31 Posts: 9
    Ok so what could it be beside people hacking the game? Or people starting multiple accounts just to buy the unit deals and gifting...? Or multiple accounts hitting lower mile stones for the units and gifting. Idk
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

Why do people have to ruin everything for us legitimate players?

People who treat this black market economy as a source of income (while taking it away from Kabam).

Aside from players liking to get items from their alt account or friends, Certain people like botting and making money off of other people wiling to buy the black market (discounted) units, items, loyalty, gold, and battlechips.

I'm surprised only now is Kabam taking more drastic action. The fact that now they are finding it ''alarming'', likely there was a big jump in this kind of underground profiting behavior.
  • Possibly using gifting to launder money through illicit transactions, cash for discounted items.
  • The removal is a good thing. Let's just hope there's a good follow thru coming haha
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    seems to coincide with map7 release.
    maybe it is people using this to pump up alliance treasurys in order to afford map 7.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★

Hey gang,

The Gifting and Conversion badges have been removed from the Unit Packages as we investigate some alarming behavior that has been discovered.

We don’t have any more to announce right now but will update you all as we get more information.

Can you tell us what happened?
  • SancakSSancakS Posts: 5
    Old summoner can send gift , new summoner cant sent it , its very bad
  • Come on I've been waiting forever. When are the gifting badges gonna be able to bought again
  • QuantumBobQuantumBob Posts: 162
    Any update? I wanted to purchase the Tony Stark package with the gifting badge on my alt account. Lv 39. Since the news I've barely touched my alt account. Would greatly appreciate some form of update. Thank you.
    Been over 3 weeks since the last update. Have you got any more information to share at this time? Thank you.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131

Any update? I wanted to purchase the Tony Stark package with the gifting badge on my alt account. Lv 39. Since the news I've barely touched my alt account. Would greatly appreciate some form of update. Thank you.

You need to rank up to 40 before you can get it if they do bring it back.
    I know. It's my alt. I just have no desire to play my alt if they don't bring it back haha
  • SancakSSancakS Posts: 5
    Any update @Kabam Vydious
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Please see this announcement for more information about the removal of the gifting badge.
This discussion has been closed.