**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This makes no sense

I know "realistically speaking" doesnt really hold any merit in discussions involving the battlerealm but bare with me for this one.

So with that ill point out this.

So with Morningstar being a walking iron coffin imbued with magical energy and lacking a circulatory system how did i manage to get a poison charge..?

Comments

• ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Well she’s not immune in game. Poison as it is defined by us humans probably isn’t the same as poison defined in a video game where a raccoon can build a gun and shoot you or a tree-person can smash you in the face.
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    ManChild said:

Well she’s not immune in game. Poison as it is defined by us humans probably isn’t the same as poison defined in a video game where a raccoon can build a gun and shoot you or a tree-person can smash you in the face.

Read the whole post.. clearly stating "realistically speaking" means nothing.. Youre pointing out the obvious Holmes. I get the fact that the battlerealm is slightly reminisent of a bad acid trip. that doesnt change that Im just pointing out the glaring continuity issue with "A magical entity made of metal being poisoned"
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Yeah what I’m saying is don’t try to make sense of it. GR catches on fire and is literally on fire all the time. There’s a lot more but that’s the most obvious. It’s just frustrating my friend.

And I did read your whole post. There’s just no other real answer for you except that she just doesn’t have immunity because someone decided she doesn’t. I agree with you. She should be poison immune if she’s basically metal and energy. But I’m sure some poison could eat away metal?
    ManChild said:

Yeah what I’m saying is don’t try to make sense of it. GR catches on fire and is literally on fire all the time. There’s a lot more but that’s the most obvious. It’s just frustrating my friend.

And I did read your whole post. There’s just no other real answer for you except that she just doesn’t have immunity because someone decided she doesn’t. I agree with you. She should be poison immune if she’s basically metal and energy. But I’m sure some poison could eat away metal?

Well what im saying is she should be poison immune. i agree with that last statement how some poisons could corrode metal and stuff perfect.. i can live with that..

sometimes these questions haunt me and you just need to know .... ya know lol

Like the GR being incinerated, makes sense.. his fire isnt really fire, its a magical fire, and hes also wearing leather.. which is flammable.. makes sense... other wise id argue that GR should be immune

Simple.
    She isn't poison immune. You should totally be able to get poisoned.

As for "Why isn't she poison immune?", the answer is the same. She doesn't have a poison immunity ability.

YOU DONT SAY
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Simple.

As for "Why isn't she poison immune?", the answer is the same. She doesn't have a poison immunity ability.

YOU DONT SAY
    Well, if you knew it, then this post wouldn't even be created in the first place.
    Even metal can be poisoned in fictional world's/universe's. I don't see why it wouldn't on this one. Besides, is an original creation, and the creators can give her any ability they want.
    So your definition of poison isn't general, and can't be applied across fictional universe's
    edited March 2019

Simple.

YOU DONT SAY
    Well, if you knew it, then this post wouldn't even be created in the first place.
    Even metal can be poisoned in fictional world's/universe's. I don't see why it wouldn't on this one. Besides, is an original creation, and the creators can give her any ability they want.
    So your definition of poison isn't general, and can't be applied across fictional universe's
    I know she isnt poison immune. im just discussing how silly it is that she isnt
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Let’s just say the poison is corrosive or something. Either that or it’s some sort of poison for the soul. IDK Iceman isn’t immune to himself, so immunities are a bit weird in this game. The god of thunder isn’t shock immune, Night thrasher is incinerate immune for some reason, and diablo has an ability that poisons himself. The game is weird.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Also people shouldn't be able to summon portals with black tendrils all around the place. Kabam really needs to make this game more realistic
  • Metal can be “poisoned” in the form of acidic, caustic, or otherwise corrosive substance, or otherwise similar to basic rusting.
    Trees, and all plants, can be poisoned even though they don’t have a “blood” circulation system. Of which, they actually do have a type of circulation which pulls nutrients and water from the ground and sucks them upwards into the leaves, etc. Any type of weed killer is basically a poison for them. As well as certain metals (I believe like a copper nail) when driven into a tree can kill it.
    Or radiation sickness that “poisons” something by basically modifying or deteriorating the subjects cells.
    Think Abomination poison is probably some type of radioactive and/or corrosive blood substance.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★

Simple.

ManChild said:

Because of the same reason that you are able to defeat a 2* Hulk using a Rocket Raccoon... Game Balance

Simple.

YOU DONT SAY
    Your missing the entire point of the post even after confirmation. Morningstar is a fantastical character. She can be whatever her creators want her to be. The creators just so happened to make her a literal living fireplace. If a living organism doesn’t have blood, there is nothing that can be poisoned in that organism AND they are not able to be damaged in any way by a poisonis substance because poison affects blood. Morningstar is just 8 cobblestone with some coal, it quite literally goes against the laws of physics and common sense to just say “Because she doesn’t have poison immunity”. No, she does have poison immunity, Kabam just didn’t think about it enough.

PS: I don’t care. ghost rider isn’t immune to incinerate. fire burned by fire also makes no sense. I’ve been playing this game long enough to the point where I’m used to this kind of stuff. that being said tho, it makes no sense

Metal can be “poisoned” in the form of acidic, caustic, or otherwise corrosive substance, or otherwise similar to basic rusting.
    Trees, and all plants, can be poisoned even though they don’t have a “blood” circulation system. Of which, they actually do have a type of circulation which pulls nutrients and water from the ground and sucks them upwards into the leaves, etc. Any type of weed killer is basically a poison for them. As well as certain metals (I believe like a copper nail) when driven into a tree can kill it.
    Or radiation sickness that “poisons” something by basically modifying or deteriorating the subjects cells.
    Think Abomination poison is probably some type of radioactive and/or corrosive blood substance.

well said man.. this is what i was talking about
    edited March 2019
    Well it clearly states that his blood is irradiated with gamma... so i could see how gamma radiation could effect a metal substance on a molecular level and cause some sort of debilitating effects for a walking talking iron maiden

So i guess just for semantic purposes.. Abom shouldnt cause posion. he should have his own radiation debuff.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★

Well it clearly states that his blood is irradiated with gamma... so i could see how gamma radiation could effect a metal substance on a molecular level and cause some sort of debilitating effects for a walking talking iron maiden

So i guess just for semantic purposes.. Abom shouldnt cause posion. he should have his own radiation debuff.

That isn’t poison that’s acidic warfare, which has been banned IRL by the UN 😂
    MrBanks said:

That isn’t poison that’s acidic warfare, which has been banned IRL by the UN 😂
    GOOD OL' WILLIE PETE
    MrBanks said:

Simple.

ManChild said:

Because of the same reason that you are able to defeat a 2* Hulk using a Rocket Raccoon... Game Balance

Simple.

YOU DONT SAY
    Your missing the entire point of the post even after confirmation. Morningstar is a fantastical character. She can be whatever her creators want her to be. The creators just so happened to make her a literal living fireplace. If a living organism doesn’t have blood, there is nothing that can be poisoned in that organism AND they are not able to be damaged in any way by a poisonis substance because poison affects blood. Morningstar is just 8 cobblestone with some coal, it quite literally goes against the laws of physics and common sense to just say “Because she doesn’t have poison immunity”. No, she does have poison immunity, Kabam just didn’t think about it enough.

PS: I don’t care. ghost rider isn’t immune to incinerate. fire burned by fire also makes no sense. I’ve been playing this game long enough to the point where I’m used to this kind of stuff. that being said tho, it makes no sense
    She does NOT have poison immunity.
    Again. Fictional universe, it can be whatever they want.
    How would a robot character be defeated? Tecnhically is not a living creature, it should not have a life. But just like any champion in this game, they have a life bar, which can be reduced to 0 and followed by their "dead" , even though they can't die due to having no life
  • Technically, nobody dies in any fights here. KO refers to knocked out. (Although Kabam goofed up when they created AW and called some categories “kills”)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Metal can be “poisoned” in the form of acidic, caustic, or otherwise corrosive substance, or otherwise similar to basic rusting.

Plants like trees do have a circulatory system, but a circulatory system isn't necessary to be vulnerable to poisons. Jellyfish for example do not have a circulatory system but can be poisoned.

The general definition of a poison is a substance that disrupts the normal functionality of a biological organism by interfering with the chemical or other molecular processes needed to live. In MCOC where there are sentient robots and magical energy blobs and other things, the idea of a poison is probably just more general: a substance that can disrupt the internal workings of an entity on the chemical or molecular level. All champions that use something like this as a weapon are said to have poison attacks, and all champions that are vulnerable to any attack that can be described this way is said to be vulnerable to poisons. However, the 'umbrella' of all things that can be called poisons and the umbrella of all things that can be called a poison vulnerability include things that don't obviously connect to each other, but for game simplification all poisons are considered to be effective against all poison vulnerable champions. The lines between poison vulnerability and poison damage are blurry, but the game servers have to draw the line somewhere precisely. They do so where ever the content developers tell them to.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★

I know "realistically speaking" doesnt really hold any merit in discussions involving the battlerealm but bare with me for this one.

So with that ill point out this.

So with Morningstar being a walking iron coffin imbued with magical energy and lacking a circulatory system how did i manage to get a poison charge..?

If I had a Premium Hero Crystal for every post asking questions like this, I'd have a couple of thousand 2-star Deadpool X-Forces.
  • GOLBGOLB Posts: 57
    Radiation poisons is how it work for both abomination and morningstar

Technically, nobody dies in any fights here. KO refers to knocked out. (Although Kabam goofed up when they created AW and called some categories “kills”)

You have items such as revives and health potions. When a characters gets knocked out, it can be revived, which should mean it's dead
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    People are in denial.
    WE GET IT!
    She should be poison immune
    But she isn't
    so SHUSH!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm still trying to grasp how people are using real-world logic with a walking magical Iron Maiden.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Oh, and the answer is game balance. Lol. They can't give Champs every logical Ability because they have to fit within the framework of the game among other content and Champs.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Technically, nobody dies in any fights here. KO refers to knocked out. (Although Kabam goofed up when they created AW and called some categories “kills”)

You have items such as revives and health potions. When a characters gets knocked out, it can be revived, which should mean it's dead
    You can revive unconscious people.