**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I dare Kabam

To not have any unblockable or autoblock at all on their next event bosses.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    I dare you to learn to play better.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Unblockable is perfectly fine when it's on specials as easy to dodge as cap marvel is
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    REiiGN15 said:

Someone dares me to do that, I remove all the autoblocking and unblockable champs from their map and put No Retreat, Invade, Biohazard, and Explosive Personality as global buffs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

REiiGN15 said:

Someone dares me to do that, I remove all the autoblocking and unblockable champs from their map and put No Retreat, Invade, Biohazard, and Explosive Personality as global buffs.
    Shhhhhhhhhh it'll be the new boss rush nodes..
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Probably not going to happen. I'm not going to say 'git gud' cause it is basically an unhelpful trollish comment. I'm going to advise to get a champ which can withstand unblockable attacks and can mitigate auto-block. Kabam has released two champions who can block unblockable attacks, Symbiote Supreme and Mr. Sinister, but if you don't have neither then I would suggest Mordo.

I must say myself that Mordo isn't a terrible champion, he's kind of a screw-up champion. If you're not so proficient in dexterity, his ability to go un-unblockable (?) after 0.5 seconds will help you. If you hit an auto-block, get parry-stunned and the opponent counterattacks with a basic attack, Mordo will evade that attack and deal a degen. It will take time to master him, as keeping up his furies when charging a heavy attack makes him a bit tricky. But you'll find that the SP2 will wreck Captain Marvel with all her furies.

I'm not going to say 'git gud' cause it is basically an unhelpful trollish comment. I'm going to advise to get a champ which can withstand unblockable attacks and can mitigate auto-block.

I would actually explicitly advise against resorting to special abilities to deal with every challenge. It is something you can resort to in complex situations where all else fails, or where a champion with an ability counter is particularly useful. But in general, if you don't learn to deal with these kinds of effects with fighting tactics, eventually they will overwhelm you. And it will cause you to think the game is trying to get you to spend money, when practice is free.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I'm not going to say 'git gud' cause it is basically an unhelpful trollish comment. I'm going to advise to get a champ which can withstand unblockable attacks and can mitigate auto-block.

I would actually explicitly advise against resorting to special abilities to deal with every challenge. It is something you can resort to in complex situations where all else fails, or where a champion with an ability counter is particularly useful. But in general, if you don't learn to deal with these kinds of effects with fighting tactics, eventually they will overwhelm you. And it will cause you to think the game is trying to get you to spend money, when practice is free.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. It is obvious that Kabam intends to make this game harder with unavoidable damage like unblockable attacks, and at the same time providing the necessary champions to counter that. I expect that pure skill will simply not be enough in certain situations, and make you into using the champions that are designed for that instance. I believe Kabam is tired of the current rigid meta which is basically 'bring your best synergy team and/or god tier champions in any given fight'. Champion requirements are just the beginning, Kabam will push you to diversify your roster. Champions like Mordo who were a laughing stock will become all this sudden useful and worthy spending resources on. So don't think 'git gud' is enough, or translate 'git gud' in 'bring the right champion in the right fight'.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    The thing that annoys me is the “heal block on reversal”
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

The thing that annoys me is the “heal block on reversal”

Of all the BS on nodes... that's the one that gets you fired up?

You're a better person than me... I finally had a smh moment in 3.2 of EQ against biohazard Abom.

DNA3000 said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. It is obvious that Kabam intends to make this game harder with unavoidable damage like unblockable attacks, and at the same time providing the necessary champions to counter that. I expect that pure skill will simply not be enough in certain situations, and make you into using the champions that are designed for that instance. I believe Kabam is tired of the current rigid meta which is basically 'bring your best synergy team and/or god tier champions in any given fight'. Champion requirements are just the beginning, Kabam will push you to diversify your roster. Champions like Mordo who were a laughing stock will become all this sudden useful and worthy spending resources on. So don't think 'git gud' is enough, or translate 'git gud' in 'bring the right champion in the right fight'.
    Champions and champion abilities have different advantages, and Kabam is acting to diversify which champions provide different advantages in different situations. But those advantages are useless without the skills to leverage them. Without a hammer you can't just use skill to drive in a nail. But a hammer without skill is just a lot of broken thumbs.

You're always going to have to play the hand you're dealt when it comes to roster. But the higher your skill level, the less capability you will need out of your roster.

You specifically mention unblockable attacks. I have never, ever specifically brought in a champion that has an unblockable ability counter into content to help with unblockable attacks or unblockable specials. Anyone who needs them will always have a disadvantage compared to players like me that deal with those effects with skillful play. And that also means the devs can throw harder content at players with those skills because they will still succeed, and those that don't and are just waiting for the right champion counter will find complaining about the fact they can't seem to pull one will land on deaf ears, because enough other players will not have that problem to validate the difficulty of the content.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    If it’s basic attacks, that’s an outrage, but with a special, it’s fine as long as it can be possibly dodged unlike war machines SP1
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35
    edited March 2019
    DNA3000 said:

REiiGN15 said:

Don't forget rage and nullify fails

Honestly my favorite node is 'lags at start; defender launches unblockable sp2'
  • LordRaymondLordRaymond Posts: 33
    Git Gud

JK. Yeah it's pretty funny how they add new champs that are OP, then have to make even more OP champs to best the ones that they added before. Literally the only bad champ this year had been Diablo