**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This makes no sense

2»

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited March 2019
    Smelling salts can “revive” someone near unconsciousness. Revive, meaning basically to restore to viability, and Health to (well, heal up to a stronger condition).
    Before Wars were introduced, I think the game went out of it's way to intentionally NOT say that you get killed in a fight. But then with Wars, they sort of muddied the waters by referring to both KO's and Kills (I think is how different categories have been referred to ?)
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    This Post has gone way south.. please forgive me

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I know "realistically speaking" doesnt really hold any merit in discussions involving the battlerealm but bare with me for this one.

So with that ill point out this.

So with Morningstar being a walking iron coffin imbued with magical energy and lacking a circulatory system how did i manage to get a poison charge..?

She’s not immune to poison. She’s still human by soul but not immune too poison. If it a a bleed charge, then I would be able to understand the confusion because that would have been a bug
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Simple.
    She isn't poison immune. You should totally be able to get poisoned.

As for "Why isn't she poison immune?", the answer is the same. She doesn't have a poison immunity ability.

YOU DONT SAY
    Well, if you knew it, then this post wouldn't even be created in the first place.
    Even metal can be poisoned in fictional world's/universe's. I don't see why it wouldn't on this one. Besides, is an original creation, and the creators can give her any ability they want.
    So your definition of poison isn't general, and can't be applied across fictional universe's
    I know she isnt poison immune. im just discussing how silly it is that she isnt
    Isn't rust basically the poison of metal in real life?

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

I know "realistically speaking" doesnt really hold any merit in discussions involving the battlerealm but bare with me for this one.

So with that ill point out this.

So with Morningstar being a walking iron coffin imbued with magical energy and lacking a circulatory system how did i manage to get a poison charge..?

You know what's worse? She is called 'Morningstar' but her weapon is a flail.
    ManChild said:

Yeah what I’m saying is don’t try to make sense of it. GR catches on fire and is literally on fire all the time. There’s a lot more but that’s the most obvious. It’s just frustrating my friend.

And I did read your whole post. There’s just no other real answer for you except that she just doesn’t have immunity because someone decided she doesn’t. I agree with you. She should be poison immune if she’s basically metal and energy. But I’m sure some poison could eat away metal?

Depends on which poison. In case of Abomination, his poison is radioactivity-based. Radioactive rays are absorbed based on the density and thickness of the material. A small physics lesson:
    • Alpha rays are low energy and can be absorbed by something as simple as a piece of paper or clothing.
    • Beta rays are medium energy and can be absorbed by medium-density materials like aluminium foil or plastic.
    • Gamma rays are high energy and can only be absorbed by high-density materials like lead glass OR thick medium-density materials like concrete.
    • Neutron rays are neigh unstoppable and are only absorbed by other nuclei in a nuclear reaction, resulting in another radioactive isotope that produces a neutron.
    Abomination and all other Hulks are gamma-based, so then we go in the heavy metal range. I do not know if an iron casing such as Morningstar is sufficient to block gamma rays, I guess it is not. So realistically speaking, she should get radiation poisoning.

In other words: don't use Morningstar on Abomination.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Blade can parry laser beams and cause the attacker to bleed.

Simple.
    She isn't poison immune. You should totally be able to get poisoned.

As for "Why isn't she poison immune?", the answer is the same. She doesn't have a poison immunity ability.

YOU DONT SAY
    Well, if you knew it, then this post wouldn't even be created in the first place.
    Even metal can be poisoned in fictional world's/universe's. I don't see why it wouldn't on this one. Besides, is an original creation, and the creators can give her any ability they want.
    So your definition of poison isn't general, and can't be applied across fictional universe's
    Poison only applies to organic things. A poison is nothing more than a substance in a certain quantity that goes over a threshold which causes to body to not be able to cope with it, either by failing to excrete it (water poisoning), producing a metabolic that is more toxic (methanol poisoning) or the substance replaces or bonds more strongly than its chemical counterpart (carbon monoxide poisoning).

As metals are inorganic, they cannot be poisoned. They can be affected by acids, bases, oxidants, reductants and a whole other bunch of chemical or physical reactants.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Technically, nobody dies in any fights here. KO refers to knocked out. (Although Kabam goofed up when they created AW and called some categories “kills”)

You have items such as revives and health potions. When a characters gets knocked out, it can be revived, which should mean it's dead
    You can revive unconscious people.
    Must've got K.O. mixed up with "Killed off" haha
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

A small physics lesson:

• Alpha rays are low energy and can be absorbed by something as simple as a piece of paper or clothing.
    • Beta rays are medium energy and can be absorbed by medium-density materials like aluminium foil or plastic.
    • Gamma rays are high energy and can only be absorbed by high-density materials like lead glass OR thick medium-density materials like concrete.
    • Neutron rays are neigh unstoppable and are only absorbed by other nuclei in a nuclear reaction, resulting in another radioactive isotope that produces a neutron.
    Alpha particles are basically helium nuclei: particles composed of two protons and two neutrons. They don't typically have lower energy than beta particles which are essentially unbound electrons: in fact they typically have significantly higher energy. They penetrate matter to a lesser degree because they have a higher magnitude charge (+2 units for alpha verses -1 units for the electron) and more mass. Alpha particles decelerate by interacting with other atoms and scattering electrons off of them: this transfers their energy to the scattered electrons, causing them to quickly decelerate and become non-dangerous.

It is a bit of a myth or misunderstanding that beta particles can be shielded by something like aluminum foil. That's technically true in that the beta particle will likely decelerate within the thickness of the material, but it will do so mostly by emitting Cherenkov radiation that at high enough energy will be essentially gamma radiation. So the beta rays will stop in the material but will shoot gamma radiation "shrapnel" through the material. Also, gamma radiation spans a wide range of energies (and there's a technical terminology thing that comes up between gamma rays and x-rays that isn't important here) and isn't necessarily of higher energy than typical alpha or beta particles. In fact, gamma rays triggered by beta deceleration must have lower energy for obvious reasons.

Gamma rays are photons of radiation, typically above a few hundred kilo-electron volts. They directly interact with electrons to energize them to the point where they escape the atom they were bound to, this is what is meant by "ionizing radiation" - it is radiation that ionizes an atom, by removing one or more electrons from it (alpha and beta particles also ionize matter in different ways). Gamma radiation photons can have higher, lower, or identical energy to the typical alpha or beta particle.

So-called neutron radiation are basically high speed neutrons. Because they have no charge they don't interact with electrons directly nor do they produce scattering radiation in an electric field. As such, they are only stopped when they directly hit something, like the nucleus of an atom, or when they undergo more complex interactions such as neutron capture and reemission and other scattering interactions. They aren't unstoppable, in fact one of the best ways to stop neutron radiation is with water, due to the large amount of hydrogen in water. Hydrogen nuclei are very good neutron scatterers, and they don't fission into smaller nuclei (because they can't: they are just one proton). A hydrogen nucleus that captures and then reemits an neutron will generally do so at a lower energy than the incoming neutron had, and repeated ping-ponging around in a large enough amount of water will eventually cause a high energy neutron to drop to thermal energy and be no longer dangerous.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    ẞlооd said:

DNA3000 said:

Technically, nobody dies in any fights here. KO refers to knocked out. (Although Kabam goofed up when they created AW and called some categories “kills”)

You have items such as revives and health potions. When a characters gets knocked out, it can be revived, which should mean it's dead
    Even the wording ingame makes it seem the character's die when they are knocked out.
    AW system, Corvus sig ability, and even Nick Fury synergy for example. It states "When Nick is dead". Well, the way to kill Nick is by knocking him out. And items such as healing potions, revives, and even the health bar itself makes it seem that way. So a knock out in this game would be the death of the character.
    All characters have health here. All characters can die, even if they aren't living creatures.

AW system, Corvus sig ability, and even Nick Fury synergy for example. It states "When Nick is dead".

Speaking of things that make no sense, that synergy is referred to as "Nick's Leadership." Every other champion on the team gets a 10% attack bonus, that bonus increases to 20% if Nick is dead. Meaning: Nick Fury is a more effective leader when he is dead then when he is alive.

Also, its Nick Fury. How would you ever know when he's actually dead?
    DNA3000 said:

AW system, Corvus sig ability, and even Nick Fury synergy for example. It states "When Nick is dead".

Speaking of things that make no sense, that synergy is referred to as "Nick's Leadership." Every other champion on the team gets a 10% attack bonus, that bonus increases to 20% if Nick is dead. Meaning: Nick Fury is a more effective leader when he is dead then when he is alive.

Also, its Nick Fury. How would you ever know when he's actually dead?
    Well ... Friendship power? Revenge for their dead leader?
    ThaDevil said:

Dont worry OP this forum is full of mindless trolls and people who lack common sense to any degree, everyone knows its a fictional universe, but if something doesnt make sense then it doesn't make sense period, any argument to the contrary is foolish, if there is a substance in the battle realm toxic enough to poison a being made of non living substance then i guarantee it would also poison Hulk, Ms Marvel, or any of the other champs that do have a poison immune ability, inthonl his point in the post is why cant we just have champs with accurate abilities.

Good to know that you know this is fictional. And for being fictional, common sense can't be applied here, or at least not on everything.
    If something doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for others. Everyone has their own view on this, specially since it's fictional and real life logic can't be used here.
    ThaDevil said:

Thanks for proving my point that your clueless and of course everyone can share their opinion but just cause your opinion is that non living items can be poisoned, it doesnt mean its a smart one in any universe fictional or real dude. Next hes guna try telling us 2+2= 9 cause its a fictional universe lol.

It doesn't need to be a smart choise. Simply is how it works on that specific universe, and is up ti tye viewer/reader (or whatever it is) to accept it.
    This one isn't really anything that dramatic or hard to understand. It makes a lot of sense either way, that's a fact. They decided not to give her a poison immunity ability, that's okay. And if you don't agree with it, doesn't mean you are entirely wrong, but you are also not correct. But the fact of her not being poison immune is far from a stupid idea.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    ThaDevil said:

Dont worry OP this forum is full of mindless trolls and people who lack common sense to any degree, everyone knows its a fictional universe, but if something doesnt make sense then it doesn't make sense period, any argument to the contrary is foolish, if there is a substance in the battle realm toxic enough to poison a being made of non living substance then i guarantee it would also poison Hulk, Ms Marvel, or any of the other champs that do have a poison immune ability, inthonl his point in the post is why cant we just have champs with accurate abilities.

Accurate doesn't apply in terms of game mechanics. It's impossible within a Meta such as this. Every Champ can't logically have Abilities true to Comics, in relation to common sense, and still be balanced among equally-fictional Abilities true to Comics and common sense. You would never be able to fight a Hulk with a BW. You wouldn't be able to Duel Phoenix with anyone. No Champ with Metal would inflict Damage on Magneto, etc. All you would be left with is a Hierarchy that would have ended years ago.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

ẞlооd said:

DNA3000 said:

Even the wording ingame makes it seem the character's die when they are knocked out.
    AW system, Corvus sig ability, and even Nick Fury synergy for example. It states "When Nick is dead". Well, the way to kill Nick is by knocking him out. And items such as healing potions, revives, and even the health bar itself makes it seem that way. So a knock out in this game would be the death of the character.
    All characters have health here. All characters can die, even if they aren't living creatures.
    Yeah, I think Kabam just isn't super consistent with the little details.
    ThaDevil said:

but just cause your opinion is that non living items can be poisoned, it doesnt mean its a smart one in any universe fictional or real dude.

Trying to make that argument in a game based on comic books is pretty silly. You seem to be under the impression that comic book logic is itself not entirely ridiculous half the time, and if only the game followed it then it would make more sense. This is so far from the truth that it takes light billions of years to reach a place where it can see the truth through a telescope.

Comic book universes run on narrativium. Things happen because the writer decided they should happen, and 99% of comic book writers have literally no idea how the world works. They don't just alter the rules of the universe to serve the plot, they also alter the rules of the universe for no narrative reason at all, they just don't know themselves.

I have a hard sciences background. I'm extremely knowledgeable about, say, astrophysics. I have no idea what the words "a million exploding suns" is supposed to mean. I guess that's supposed to mean "a lot of energy" but the Sun can't explode. It would actually take a huge amount of energy input to make it explode. A million exploding suns means about as much as a million exploding cotton candy cones.

If Morningstar is supposed to be immune to poisons because no molecular or chemical reaction can disrupt her form because she's just powered by magic, then she shouldn't be affected by things like bullets either. What can a bullet do, except dent her metal form. That can't possibly injure a magical blob, if it is all just magic. *First* we have to assume that Morningstar is a physical thing in the physical Marvel universe, and can be affected by real physical processes as they exist in the Marvel universe. Then we have to assume that if she can be affected by such things, that can be translated into the game universe as a vulnerability to poison, which is not any particular actual poison but a game representation of the process by which all poisons work on a fundamental simplified level. If it is possible for a chemical or molecular reaction to harm Morningstar's physical form and that impairs that entity in some way, we represent that by being vulnerable to poison damage in the game.

Once you start down the road of taking that simplified wrapper apart and arguing specifics, like whether the specific kind of poison that King Groot or Abomination must produce could harm the specific form of Morningstar, the whole game falls apart. Bullets stop harming Ghost Rider. Punisher becomes incapable of harming Phoenix. Dormammu eats the battleworld and everyone dies.

The game can't be a "comics simulator" because not even the comics are a good comics simulator. Nothing works as it is supposed to in the comic books, not even close. Not only do they violate the laws of physics, they violate their own rules from issue to issue. Kabam isn't doing anything in the game that the comic book writers don't do regularly: they bend or break the rules to suit whatever they are doing at that moment.
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★

ManChild said:

Well she’s not immune in game. Poison as it is defined by us humans probably isn’t the same as poison defined in a video game where a raccoon can build a gun and shoot you or a tree-person can smash you in the face.

Read the whole post.. clearly stating "realistically speaking" means nothing.. Youre pointing out the obvious Holmes. I get the fact that the battlerealm is slightly reminisent of a bad acid trip. that doesnt change that Im just pointing out the glaring continuity issue with "A magical entity made of metal being poisoned"
    Maybe it's a different type of poison for metal beings? Like Rust?
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    You know there's something heavy going on when Kabam Miike makes a joke and noone says anything