**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone passing on the 5 star awakening gem in the intel store?

Anyone going to acuallly earn max intel points but still pass on it for other options? If so, what will you get instead? I’m very tempted to pass on it since I have my Void and AA awakened, but am almost afraid to since I don’t have any unused ones in any class at the moment....

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I got a couple of the t4 crystals, some 5 star shards, and also getting the 6 star shards. Don't have any big 5 stars I need to awaken right now, and with the transition to 6 stars already happening no reason to spend that much intel on one item.

Remember when they had that 5 star deal a year or so ago that was like 400+ dollars and you could just land up with an iron patriot? Shows you why these types of things are not good investments.

So, no, I went with other stuff.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I passed. Got t2a, t4b, and other goodies. Don’t really need one and I don’t have the fortitude to not spend. I made the decision when I was short 2 t4b to r4 a 5* champ and wasn’t patient.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I don’t have any good 5* champs yet, so I’m going for the 5* shards. Might also go for a 4* Crystal if I have any intel left since I’m in the weird sort of limbo of being in the stage where I should be focussing on 5*, but all my good champs are 4*.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I suggest u go for it
    Glory can still get u 18k t2a
    But real cash gets you an awakening gem crystal or playing through content like lol,act5-6. Basically you can't get it anywhere else which makes it really valuable
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Already passed on it. I have one I'm waiting to use. I decided to buy a bit of a number of things. Mostly Shards.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Right now for me I'm leaning towards the awakening gem, but I'm still open to the idea of switching to rank up resources. That option is basically 1000 intel for a T2 alpha (buying the max of all T2A fragment offers), 2000 intel for five T4B, 1320 for 1500 T5B fragments, 400 intel for five T1A, and maybe 700 for a T4CC crystal. I'd go 2640 for 3000 T5B but that goes over the max intel amount I think we can get.

The core of that option is 5xT1A, 5xT4b, 1xT2A. That's a decent amount of rank up resources. I think the awakening gem is worth more, but awakening gems tend to suffer from "too valuable to use"-itis. I've used only two out of all the ones I've ever acquired, so they tend to sit on the shelf and not help me as much as they could.

I was planning on passing because I've got 4 tech already and 1 skill. Didn't want to grind for a month just to get that 5th skill, but it's a very rare resource. I definitely suffer from hoarder's syndrome even with both blade and Ægon still hesitant to use my skill one. And with 4 on hand still hesitating to do SL.

DNA3000 said:

Right now for me I'm leaning towards the awakening gem, but I'm still open to the idea of switching to rank up resources. That option is basically 1000 intel for a T2 alpha (buying the max of all T2A fragment offers), 2000 intel for five T4B, 1320 for 1500 T5B fragments, 400 intel for five T1A, and maybe 700 for a T4CC crystal. I'd go 2640 for 3000 T5B but that goes over the max intel amount I think we can get.

The core of that option is 5xT1A, 5xT4b, 1xT2A. That's a decent amount of rank up resources. I think the awakening gem is worth more, but awakening gems tend to suffer from "too valuable to use"-itis. I've used only two out of all the ones I've ever acquired, so they tend to sit on the shelf and not help me as much as they could.

I was planning on passing because I've got 4 tech already and 1 skill. Didn't want to grind for a month just to get that 5th skill, but it's a very rare resource. I definitely suffer from hoarder's syndrome even with both blade and Ægon still hesitant to use my skill one. And with 4 on hand still hesitating to do SL.

Aegon would definitely be a useful option. ;)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Hard pass—have 5 AGs across 4 classes and only crummy old pre-2018 champs to use them on. Bought some 6* shards that resulted in a Luke Cage dupe, and will likely drop the rest on T5/T2a.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    I’m going for it personally, I could use it for every class but mutant. I have 3 mutant ags. I swear if I get a fourth...
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Anyone going to acuallly earn max intel points but still pass on it for other options? If so, what will you get instead? I’m very tempted to pass on it since I have my Void and AA awakened, but am almost afraid to since I don’t have any unused ones in any class at the moment....

I’d say if you are COW or paid to win player, pass it on as you will soon duped whatever you like. Otherwise AG is a good choice as other resources can be earned via different means in game.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. In my case, I wasn't willing to risk the RNG. I have a Mutant I'm sitting on and I used a Skill on Hawkeye because I wasn't satisfied with the other options. As valuable as it is, I wasn't willing to test my luck. Lol. Which is hit-or-miss.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I already got some shards on my alt and I will definitely shoot for the awakening gem. As long as it’s not a third science gem I will be happy and can find a use for it. On my main I’m torn. I have most of the champs I need duped, already duped. Have a mutant and mystic awakening already. My biggest bottlenecks right now are T4C and T2A so I might just opt for all the T4C and then invest the leftovers in T2A.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Perhaps, perhaps not. In my case, I wasn't willing to risk the RNG. I have a Mutant I'm sitting on and I used a Skill on Hawkeye because I wasn't satisfied with the other options. As valuable as it is, I wasn't willing to test my luck. Lol. Which is hit-or-miss.

Weren't you complaining not long ago that's things were so unfair because you couldn't dupe your 5*. Though an ag would be perfect for that.
    edited March 2019
    No, I was bringing up the fact that it was hard to Dup any at all with such a large pool. I was suggesting having Crystals separated by factors, i.e. Class, that could isolate and still be reliant on RNG. A suggestion that is coming up again at the moment surrounding Act 6. I suggested someting in the style of Dungeon Crystals.
    However, Dungeons restarted again, so that pretty much gave an avenue close to my suggestion. Also, that was 9 months ago. I have Dups. My original point wasn't even about my own Account alone. It was about the growing pool. I mean, I admit. There's a number of Champs I'd love to Awaken right now, but I wasn't spending all my Intel on the possibility of pulling one I don't want, when I can spread it out on a bunch of things I do want.
  • RisengawRisengaw Posts: 30
    Hard pass, I would just roll a class I don't need.
    Which worked out pretty well for me so far. Pulled a 5* Venom, topped off a T2A, spent some on Basic, and still shopping. ;)
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    Passed I have one gathering dust and I would not wanna get the same class or a class I don't need rank up materials for me
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    I lack 3000 shards for my first 6* so I use intels for it. Maybe our first 6* will be a garbage one but still it’s worth it I guess.

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Yep. T2A, 5 T4CC, and three T4B.
    edited March 2019
    I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

That said, I’m going for rank up materials. I just find it fascinating.

Already passed on it. I have one I'm waiting to use. I decided to buy a bit of a number of things. Mostly Shards.

I found the shards to be worst value in there.
    I'm sitting on a Mutant Gem. These are my options.
    I wasn't willing to chance it.
    Besides, I'm quite happy with the Venom I pulled.
    Apparently you haven't seen my track record for pulls. LOL. I would much rather put my effort into something I know I can use than test the RNG for something I may or may not use someday in the future. It's just where I'm at. 9 months ago, when I had no Dups, I would have gone for it, 100%. At this point, I'm not willing to take a chance. It's practically all the Resources you generate from the Event, and I can use Shards, Frags, Cats, etc. I just used a Skill on HE because I had very little options. Not that I really regret it. Just how it rolled. Now I have a Mutant I won't use until that one pull. That's enough for me, for now. I'm waiting on RNG from the Crystals. I don't want to test RNG so I can test RNG. It's just where I'm at.

Apparently you haven't seen my track record for pulls. LOL. I would much rather put my effort into something I know I can use than test the RNG for something I may or may not use someday in the future. It's just where I'm at. 9 months ago, when I had no Dups, I would have gone for it, 100%. At this point, I'm not willing to take a chance. It's practically all the Resources you generate from the Event, and I can use Shards, Frags, Cats, etc. I just used a Skill on HE because I had very little options. Not that I really regret it. Just how it rolled. Now I have a Mutant I won't use until that one pull. That's enough for me, for now. I'm waiting on RNG from the Crystals. I don't want to test RNG so I can test RNG. It's just where I'm at.

“Take a Chance”? You missed my point though. Any 5* awakening gem is good. Not every 5* crystal is. This is dangerously close to being a fact. 😋
    I'm not swayed by how rare it is. I really have no interest in waiting to use it right now. I can pull a Dup just as easily from the Crystals. I would much rather spend my Intel on something that will benefit me now than wait potentially months and months on something I can use later. As I said, I'm not testing RNG to wait on RNG. I can do that with the Crystals. ;)