**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone passing on the 5 star awakening gem in the intel store?

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

I'm not swayed by how rare it is. I really have no interest in waiting to use it right now. I can pull a Dup just as easily from the Crystals. I would much rather spend my Intel on something that will benefit me now than wait potentially months and months on something I can use later. As I said, I'm not testing RNG to wait on RNG. I can do that with the Crystals. ;)

I get that. This game most certainly thrives on impatience. I know it’s gotten me numerous times.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    As it is now, I have one in my Inventory. Might be valuable, but right now it isn't worth much at all because I don't have an option I feel comfortable using it on. (Obviously it doesn't change its actual value, you get my drift.)

As it is now, I have one in my Inventory. Might be valuable, but right now it isn't worth much at all because I don't have an option I feel comfortable using it on.

Yeah, but Cap has kinetic potential, and even though he may not be using it at any particular moment, when he does it’s gonna be awesome.

On a long enough timeline, awakening gems always have value. It’s true.
    I’m just having fun with the discussion. 👍
    That may be so, but the Event is designed for people to choose what they feel suits them best. I don't want another Gem. Other people may feel that's the best value. Not to me right now.
    I'm cool with that. I don't need to buy it JUST BECAUSE it's a Gem. ;)
    Just do what I say. I’m always correct.
    I didn’t get the gem though. No way I was passing the T2 alpha and T4CC. Being in an lower tier alliance with friends and scrubs, these are very valuable. We have “end game” players all the way down to beginners.
    LOL. Ok then. XD
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I've got an unawakened 5/65 cap iw and unawakened Omega Red.
    I'm going for that gem
    The_One said:

I've got an unawakened 5/65 cap iw and unawakened Omega Red.
    I'm going for that gem

Hell yeah, man. You pull mutant and you are in a really tasty spot.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Still haven’t decided yet. I still have a mutant 1 which has been in my inventory for over a year, got a mystic from the december gift and the generic 1 from lol......so leaning towards passing, but still not quite sure 🤔
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

That said, I’m going for rank up materials. I just find it fascinating.

Just an anecdote, but no—I got a Skill AG from the 12.0 refund and had one Skill 5* at the time: Winter Soldier, long before his most recent upgrade (and long before there was a KM synergy). I held it until early 2018, when I got lucky enough to pull Blade from a featured. Until then, I didn’t have another Skill 5*.

Of the four classes I acquired over the course of 2018, I have a similar situation: two mutants I could use on Colossus, OML, Beast, etc. Or a Tech I could use on the likes of CW or 2099, or possibly Yondu. Are there champs I could awaken? Sure, but they aren’t ones you would burn an AG on. I could go on, but of my past 40 5* pulls, 26 have been dupes. And of the new champs released over the past 14 months, I have pulled Proxima (and not from lack of effort).

So if you are fotnutate enough to get new 5* champs worth an AG every few months, I envy you. Enjoy it.

Dr. Zola
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

Just an anecdote, but no—I got a Skill AG from the 12.0 refund and had one Skill 5* at the time: Winter Soldier, long before his most recent upgrade (and long before there was a KM synergy). I held it until early 2018, when I got lucky enough to pull Blade from a featured. Until then, I didn’t have another Skill 5*.

Of the four classes I acquired over the course of 2018, I have a similar situation: two mutants I could use on Colossus, OML, Beast, etc. Or a Tech I could use on the likes of CW or 2099, or possibly Yondu. Are there champs I could awaken? Sure, but they aren’t ones you would burn an AG on. I could go on, but of my past 40 5* pulls, 26 have been dupes. And of the new champs released over the past 14 months, I have pulled Proxima (and not from lack of effort).

So if you are fotnutate enough to get new 5* champs worth an AG every few months, I envy you. Enjoy it.

Dr. Zola
    I just arbitrarily chose an amount of time to be honest. Still (I honestly don’t recall), but we’re champs as readily available then as they are now? We are seeing two new champs a month and more 5* shards/crystals then ever. You had to wait quite a long time, but I would argue it no longer seems to be such a long wait to acquire a viable champion for each class. Of course, this is simply a topical assessment.

I’m sure I had my science gem for a few months before I pulled Void, and I was glad I did. He was my second 5/65.

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    I just arbitrarily chose an amount of time to be honest. Still (I honestly don’t recall), but we’re champs as readily available then as they are now? We are seeing two new champs a month and more 5* shards/crystals then ever. You had to wait quite a long time, but I would argue it no longer seems to be such a long wait to acquire a viable champion for each class. Of course, this is simply a topical assessment.

I’m sure I had my science gem for a few months before I pulled Void, and I was glad I did. He was my second 5/65.
    Right. It just depends on the account.

I’m not saying I have no options—just that they are mostly sub-optimal. And that I remain stuck in some weird probability rut that delivers dupes and redupes and the occasional middling old champ like last night’s King Groot. In that light, more AGs aren’t the best choice for me.

I tend to be very patient in my rankup decisions—in part because the game requires it and in part because my game play is pulled back from its peak levels. Even so, it’s hard to not get enough shards for 3+ 5* basic pulls a month, or more when special events occur. The game team probably is churning out more champs per month than they were 2 years ago, which is great if you can land them.

Dr. Zola
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Happy to go for the AG, got medusa or hype options for cosmic, domino or ST for mutant, Korg for skill and if I pull another science I’ll throw it on hulk rags. Mystic could be mephisto but might hold onto that one, no real use for tech as I’ve duped all my killers! Tempted by the T4cc but will play the long game there
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’m not saying I have no options—just that they are mostly sub-optimal. And that I remain stuck in some weird probability rut that delivers dupes and redupes and the occasional middling old champ like last night’s King Groot. In that light, more AGs aren’t the best choice for me.

I tend to be very patient in my rankup decisions—in part because the game requires it and in part because my game play is pulled back from its peak levels. Even so, it’s hard to not get enough shards for 3+ 5* basic pulls a month, or more when special events occur. The game team probably is churning out more champs per month than they were 2 years ago, which is great if you can land them.

Dr. Zola
    Makes sense. You sound like you have a good grasp on things, Dr. Zola.

P.s. Just decided to go for my third featured 5* on this run and awakened my Darkhawk! Pretty pumped about that. Night Thrasher, Sym Supreme, and Darkhawk. 3/3!
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Im skipping it. Gonna go all out on t2a

Happy to go for the AG, got medusa or hype options for cosmic, domino or ST for mutant, Korg for skill and if I pull another science I’ll throw it on hulk rags. Mystic could be mephisto but might hold onto that one, no real use for tech as I’ve duped all my killers! Tempted by the T4cc but will play the long game there

Honestly, man. I don’t think I would give a gem to Domino, Gulk, or Sabretooth. I hastily gave one to Domino over Omega Red right around the time he came out. Man, that was a huge mistake. Domino doesn’t really need it at all outside of AW defense.

Although, she is around the top of the list for my next 5/65, so I like her awakened, but I’m still missing out on Omega who sits at rank 2 arena fodder.

Sabretooth doesn't need it at all outside of AW defense. Nearly useless.

I’m sure Gulk doesn’t require his to do what he does best either.

I’ve had a cosmic gem for a few months. I also have 4/55 Hype and Medusa unawakened. Why? Well, Medusa is better for Variant unawakened, and I’m saving it for her if necessary.

One of the best pieces of advice I’ve ever learned in this game is to never use these gems and such unless you NEED to. Hey, Silver Surfer may come out and be crazy good. I’ll be glad I still have that gem.
    True I suppose, would only use it on ghulk as I already have a science I’m saving for void, ST probably wouldn’t use it on you’re right but it does help his sustainability a little questing. Domino I’m still pretty tempted! Haha I do understand what you’re getting at though.
    Who would be your choice out of dusa or hype? Have them both at 4/55 and all likelihood I won’t holding that cosmic gem if I’m lucky enough to pull it. In a gold 2 alliance so our defence could defiantly do with some beefing up, sort of why I’d use my gem on korg if I pulled skill. Would love to use hype awakened and he’d probably help me more on atk
  • Efflux1990Efflux1990 Posts: 54
    Definitely not passing on 5* AG
    You never know when you would need one.

True I suppose, would only use it on ghulk as I already have a science I’m saving for void, ST probably wouldn’t use it on you’re right but it does help his sustainability a little questing. Domino I’m still pretty tempted! Haha I do understand what you’re getting at though.
    Who would be your choice out of dusa or hype? Have them both at 4/55 and all likelihood I won’t holding that cosmic gem if I’m lucky enough to pull it. In a gold 2 alliance so our defence could defiantly do with some beefing up, sort of why I’d use my gem on korg if I pulled skill. Would love to use hype awakened and he’d probably help me more on atk

I’ve been going back and forth on that for as long as I’ve had the gem. I think that awakened Medusa and unawakened Hype is better than the opposite. Although, I’ve found that Hype does get significantly better awakened. He’s still great without his sig. He’s just damn good. On the other hand, while Medusa has some good utility against robots and some others, her damage increases a ton if she’s awakened, plus Living Strands has saved me numerous times.

I’ve been going back and forth on that for as long as I’ve had the gem. I think that awakened Medusa and unawakened Hype is better than the opposite. Although, I’ve found that Hype does get significantly better awakened. He’s still great without his sig. He’s just damn good. On the other hand, while Medusa has some good utility against robots and some others, her damage increases a ton if she’s awakened, plus Living Strands has saved me numerous times.
    Have to say I was leaning in the dierection of dusa, I’ve put the effort in to get her to R4 and as things stand I find a lot more uses for hype unawakened then I do her, hype was my first R4 so he’ll always hold a soft spot for me but yeah, I still use him a ton as he is so dusa would probably help me more at this stage! Fingers crossed the RNG gods allow me the choice, anything bar tech and I’ll be happy enough anyway 👍
    edited March 2019

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

P.s. Just decided to go for my third featured 5* on this run and awakened my Darkhawk! Pretty pumped about that. Night Thrasher, Sym Supreme, and Darkhawk. 3/3!
    That’s pretty amazing. I’ve been in a pull-and-dupe holding pattern—CWBP was new, and I duped him two crystals later. Luke Cage 5* was new and I duped him two crystals later. Phoenix I duped and re-duped within 3 crystals. Pulled two Blade re-dupes in a month.

Best pull of the past 12 months was a dupe of 6* Luke Cage. Finally, a dupe I wanted!

I imagine I will finally get a Domino, Hypo, Stark, Corvus, Void, CapIW, OR, etc. right about the time content is tuned to make them less useful... :p

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

That’s pretty amazing. I’ve been in a pull-and-dupe holding pattern—CWBP was new, and I duped him two crystals later. Luke Cage 5* was new and I duped him two crystals later. Phoenix I duped and re-duped within 3 crystals. Pulled two Blade re-dupes in a month.

Best pull of the past 12 months was a dupe of 6* Luke Cage. Finally, a dupe I wanted!

I imagine I will finally get a Domino, Hypo, Stark, Corvus, Void, CapIW, OR, etc. right about the time content is tuned to make them less useful... :p

Dr. Zola
    That’s pretty awesome. Not a bad 6* dupe. I’d love a Luke. Have him as a 4/40 arena champ. Recently hit Beardo and Wasp and used my two 2-3 science gems on them.

Dang, man. You don’t have any of those? Do you at least have a 5* Ghostrider to go with your Blade for Act 6?

Have to say I was leaning in the dierection of dusa, I’ve put the effort in to get her to R4 and as things stand I find a lot more uses for hype unawakened then I do her, hype was my first R4 so he’ll always hold a soft spot for me but yeah, I still use him a ton as he is so dusa would probably help me more at this stage! Fingers crossed the RNG gods allow me the choice, anything bar tech and I’ll be happy enough anyway 👍

And Medusa is sooo smooth and beautiful to play. She’s a brilliant design. Plus, she smashes pain in the ass Robots, which makes her extremely unique and useful.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Havent touched the intel yet dont think i will..gonna focus on completion for 5.4 and then work on 100% payout is way better and less hassle lol

Havent touched the intel yet dont think i will..gonna focus on completion for 5.4 and then work on 100% payout is way better and less hassle lol

Get in there, man. Great rewards for easy content. You’d be missing out. You can get a full T2 Alpha for only 1,000 Intel. It would be crazy to pass that up.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Not passing on the AG.

The chance of duping a particular champ is below 1% but an AG crystal increases that chance to 16% since it’s amongst 6 classes.

Even if I don’t have a use for it now, I could just stash it and wait for someone who comes around that I can use it on.

T2A, T5B etc, I could just get them from glory. 1-2 weeks, or even 1 month, isn’t too long to wait.