**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How much would you pay for a 6*?

Especially with the new cavalier crystals, how much would you pay for a fully formed 6* crystal? Kabam gave us an offer of 500 quid (plus some t5b) for a full 6*. But how much would you actually pay?

Prices done in pounds or dollars. This isnt a hate post, just to see what people would price a 6* at.

How much would you pay for a 6*? 84 votes

50-100 quid
80%
ArcDeAngelusKpatrix1ant2adqqedfyvrGigantor13AlCapone2727Unstoppablecerealusername7312Sixshot1Lt_Magnum_1CassyWarriorDog06johara84Fabi1989SgtSlaughter78CupidothmankJustLaCopedfmoore26 68 votes
100-150 quid
7%
TerraExHavokOmegaDexionTehsigzorzkubricknolanDisruptr1n_Cheif 6 votes
150-200 quid
3%
brandinhoHerrPopopWebheadUnltd 3 votes
200-300 quid
3%
RichiesDad79xXpenMrChadRico_1 3 votes
300-400 quid
0%
400-500 quid (what kabam are already offering)
4%
Savio444hiddenblizzardcx23433Mrspider568 4 votes

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    I didn't see any such Offer. I saw an Offer for 1000 Shards, that included Boosts, Gold, and T5B Frags, for $69.99 CDN. Not sure why the Cavalier Crystals factor into it. They're not available for everyone. If I needed the Items in the Offer badly enough, I'd buy it.
  • ArondightArondight Posts: 125
    It's a virtual character lol if you have money to blow go for it
  • RazeStrikeRazeStrike Posts: 61
    none
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35
    50-100 quid
    Only if I choose which 6* ... Then I'd drop 50 to 100 in a heart beat
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 771 ★★★
    I don’t know what quid is, but i’d pay $20. Rank up material is going to be hella expesive going forward, so I don’t feel $20 6* would be too game breaking.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    What’s the conversion rate?

I’m going to pick 2 Italian lira.

Dr. Zola
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    No
    If you wanted to bypass the actual value of a 6* and throw the balance of the entire game off, sure.

• axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Lol at you people saying $20. Or $0. If you wouldn’t pay that then you’re f2p and this poll is irrelevant to you.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Being realistic, I might spend $30. If it had some gold to do any sort of upgrading
    zeezee57 said:

If you wanted to bypass the actual value of a 6* and throw the balance of the entire game off, sure.

And what exactly is this "actual value" you'd be bypassing? And as long as rank materials are rare and 6* can't go past R2 the balance of the game is fine.

The correct answer to the first question is entirely subjective and whatever the market dictates at the time. There is no set actual value for a digital character in a video game. For you and me the value could be totally different, for Kabam it's the most they can get people to pay, and as long as people like COW exist they'll continue to value their product way above what the average player would.
    There is a value relative to the other value of things in the game. That may be subjective in the sense that they set the availability and prices relative to where people are at and relative to the other set values, but that isn't just a blind number they draw up based on what they "feel like". It's balanced with a very specific intent.
    The demographic is not just the most they can get people to pay. In your example, what use would COW have for an Offer for 1000 Shards and some Items? It's obvious the Offer is mainly targeted at people who aren't accessing large amounts of Shards and don't have access to the Cavalier Crystals. It's also for anyone else who wants to buy it, but that's besides the point.
    It always makes me uneasy when people start setting their own value on these Offers, as if it should be relative to where they are at and what they think it's worth. That might be true for them, but that's not a testament to the overall value within the game. Subjective or not, these things have a very specific value within the game, and that's the one thing that people miss when they start saying things like, "A 4* Gem for that much? You can't even use them in Act 6!", or "Cavalier Crystals have 6*s, this Offer is insane!". It's taking the availability at one demographic and setting an overall price for the rest of the demographics, and it simply doesn't work that way. It has a value relative to the other values, and where the demographic is at that the Offer is targeting. Which means people at different growth points might not think it's worth it.....and that is why they say not all Offers are for everyone. That means literally.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    It would have to have some guarantee... At least class. Not spending any amount on another AM/IF/DPX.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Depends on offer and what type of crystal it is. Also is anything included like boosts or gold?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    What's a quid
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    50-100 quid
    no single champ is worth more than $30. If I can choose the 6* I get as well as get an awakening gem for it, THEN I'd pay $80 for it.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

no single champ is worth more than $30. If I can choose the 6* I get as well as get an awakening gem for it, THEN I'd pay $80 for it.

Lol. 6* of your choice with an awakening gem for $80. I’d like a Ferrari for $1000 with gas free for a year.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    400-500 quid (what kabam are already offering)
    I’d pay this much if you accept my Monopoly money.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 688 ★★★
    $.1000
    edited March 2019

LOL! I wish the Real Estate Market worked the same. "I see your price of $500k, but I feel like it's worth $400.00.".
    axelelf_1 said:

Lol. 6* of your choice with an awakening gem for $80. I’d like a Ferrari for $1000 with gas free for a year.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    And it's exactly how real estate market or any other market for that matter works - everything is worth only as much as anyone is willing to pay for it