**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone passing on the 5 star awakening gem in the intel store?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    There is no right or wrong. It's whatever people want to buy with the Intel they have.

I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
    You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.
    People make terrible shortsighted mistakes every day in real life. Making them in a game is prolly just second nature to them.
    So you made that assessment based on what's best for YOU and where YOU are at, and felt it necessary to tell people what's best for THEM and where THEY are at. Interesting logic. Doesn't leave much space for people to think for themselves though.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
    You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.
    People make terrible shortsighted mistakes every day in real life. Making them in a game is prolly just second nature to them.
    So you made that assessment based on what's best for YOU and where YOU are at, and felt it necessary to tell people what's best for THEM and where THEY are at. Interesting logic. Doesn't leave much space for people to think for themselves though.
    No, I made that assessment on who is correct and what is wrong. The AG is the best value in the Intel store. That's a fact, not an opinion. You can't argue facts with opinions. It's just going to make you look silly.

People still think that the earth is flat, that doesn't mean that their option is right or should be respected.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    Im thinking certain people spent a bunch in week one then realised it would be an expensive month for something they probably cant use straight away.
    No. You made a judgment on what people should and shouldn't spend their Intel on, and then labeled anything otherwise as wrong. You would find an equally-adverse reaction from me if you told me how I should spend my money. There is no right or wrong decision. I know that's difficult for some lines of thinking to resolve, but just because the Gem is the rarest doesn't make it the best decision, or the "right" decision, for everyone. There's a reason there are options. That's so people can gauge for themselves what suits them best. Thank you for the condemnation, but I think for myself.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I went t2a and shards
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★

I didn’t go for the gem, and it’s not silly or wrong. Considered it, and it would’ve been worth it as well. They are always great to have. But my Roster is solid. What I need is more rank ups.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

No. You made a judgment on what people should and shouldn't spend their Intel on, and then labeled anything otherwise as wrong. You would find an equally-adverse reaction from me if you told me how I should spend my money. There is no right or wrong decision. I know that's difficult for some lines of thinking to resolve, but just because the Gem is the rarest doesn't make it the best decision, or the "right" decision, for everyone. There's a reason there are options. That's so people can gauge for themselves what suits them best. Thank you for the condemnation, but I think for myself.

You're arguing that $10 right now is more valuable. I'm arguing that $100 in two weeks is more valuable. One is correct and one is shortsighted and silly.

You're arguing that $10 right now is more valuable. I'm arguing that $100 in two weeks is more valuable. One is correct and one is shortsighted and silly.
    This is not a solid argument, as there is no context, and value is subjective in terms of arbitrary progression and unique circumstances in a game.

edited March 2019

No. You're arguing what people should buy and what's ultimately best for them, based on the value. You can't speak for what people should and shouldn't buy, and the value of it does not make it what serves them best. That is subject to what they are trying to accomplish and where they're at. There is no, "This is right, that's wrong.".
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

No, I made that assessment on who is correct and what is wrong. The AG is the best value in the Intel store. That's a fact, not an opinion. You can't argue facts with opinions. It's just going to make you look silly.

People still think that the earth is flat, that doesn't mean that their option is right or should be respected.
    That’s not a fact. That’s still just your opinion. Any gem would hold no value for me.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    I believe it’s really subjective.

AGs are really rare and can’t be farmed in game. True.

Resources provide instantaneous improvements to roster and those who hold more than 1 generic gem find no point in having another AG.

There’s no argument really. All a personal preference.

Personally I’ll be getting the AG crystal just because I can wait awhile for AQ AW and EQ rewards to come in to build my T2A and T5B, whereas I can’t do the same for the AG.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

There are people in the world that would rather take $10 today than $100 a week later. Maybe it’s because they really need that $10 right now, or maybe they can’t quantify future value vs instant gratification. To be blunt, the majority of people who would choose to take $10 would likely be below-average intelligence and face a life of financial hardship (barring extraordinary circumstances).

This example does not line up perfectly to MCOC, and I’m not trying to accuse or insult anyone, but if T4B were the $10 and the awakening gem was the $100 in the previous example, those who choose the T4B are likely those who will continue to struggle in master mode, complain that the game is too hard, and spend more units just trying to catch up to those who went for the $100 option. It’s those lesser value decisions to why they might not progress as fast as everyone else and continue to struggle if they keep making lesser value decisions (assuming money spent is the same). There’s nothing wrong with that at all and it’s a part of the game, but the reality is some players will always be bottom-feeders.

I’m not trying to say everyone not getting the gem are bottom-feeders cause that’s definitely not the case. Brian Grant said in a video he would be picking up T4B with reasoning, that’s why the analogy is not perfect. The awakening gem would be useless for COW cause he gets every new 5* champ sig 100 first day. It’s just that constant “lesser-value decisions” and refusing to adapt from a warped reality will lead to more struggles in the game than need be.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Get the AG if you can. T2ac are best value after that, which I think you can still get ~3/4 of a full one on top of the AG.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 772 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom what is your ign?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The first awakening gem I ever got was a tech and I still haven't used it. I've used 2 mutant gems, one mystic, one skill, one cosmic, and one generic. Still have two tech, a cosmic and a generic. Maybe I'll pull a 3rd tech gem and wish I had chosen something else but they will all get used eventually.

To be honest, unless you have every champ awakened, not one person should be passing on a FREE 5* Awakening Gem 🤦🏻‍♂️

This is faulty logic. My roster is solid. I need more champs ranked higher. Not awakened.

There are people in the world that would rather take $10 today than $100 a week later. Maybe it’s because they really need that $10 right now, or maybe they can’t quantify future value vs instant gratification. To be blunt, the majority of people who would choose to take $10 would likely be below-average intelligence and face a life of financial hardship (barring extraordinary circumstances).

This example does not line up perfectly to MCOC, and I’m not trying to accuse or insult anyone, but if T4B were the $10 and the awakening gem was the $100 in the previous example, those who choose the T4B are likely those who will continue to struggle in master mode, complain that the game is too hard, and spend more units just trying to catch up to those who went for the $100 option. It’s those lesser value decisions to why they might not progress as fast as everyone else and continue to struggle if they keep making lesser value decisions (assuming money spent is the same). There’s nothing wrong with that at all and it’s a part of the game, but the reality is some players will always be bottom-feeders.

I’m not trying to say everyone not getting the gem are bottom-feeders cause that’s definitely not the case. Brian Grant said in a video he would be picking up T4B with reasoning, that’s why the analogy is not perfect. The awakening gem would be useless for COW cause he gets every new 5* champ sig 100 first day. It’s just that constant “lesser-value decisions” and refusing to adapt from a warped reality will lead to more struggles in the game than need be.
    That has to be the single-most passive-aggressive, and by far the most ignorant, way of throwing shade I have ever seen. You might as well just come right out and be direct for all the energy that took.
    For me it all boils down to the fact that I'm not sitting on another Gem, waiting for the day I might and might not be able to use it. How rare they are is not a deciding factor for buying it because it's RNG-based, and my pulls are not great. I'm not sitting on another indefinitely. I can 100% use the Resources without relying on RNG. Perhaps other people think that's worth it. To me, it's not worth the chance. How we are even debating the choices other people make for their own Accounts is beyond me.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

The AG is the best value in the Intel store. That's a fact, not an opinion. You can't argue facts with opinions. It's just going to make you look silly.
    1. No one is saying it isn't the best value, but it reads like you're confusing 'best value' with 'best choice'.
    2. Best value still doesn't automatically make it the *only* option worth choosing.
    3. Did you hit 'g' instead of 'f' when you were trying to spell Ragamuffin?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    An AG will always have use to most players. Maybe not immediately, but as soon as you pull that god tier champ that relies on being awakened you will be glad it's there.. especially since duping them naturally gets more difficult every 2 weeks as the pool expands. I've pulled multiple mutant and mystic gems, still have one of each waiting.. but I'll gladly take another. I could pull magik and SS back to back, or omega red, havoc, AA, etc. and have good use for at least 1 if not 2 or more.

Obviously whales and youtubers are in a different class but for most others.. I think it would be foolish to not seriously consider it.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

That has to be the single-most passive-aggressive, and by far the most ignorant, way of throwing shade I have ever seen. You might as well just come right out and be direct for all the energy that took.
    LOL it is in no way directed at any one or individual on this forum. I realize it may have come off harsh, so I’ll say again I didn’t mean it in any insulting way or throwing shade. But believe whatever you want.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Soooo with 100 Intel now being offered in the daily Grandmaster deals, if you pick up 3 of the daily deals you will have enough glory (given you have farmed the full 5740 Intel available) to grab the Awakening Gem (5K intel) & the full T2A! (1K Intel) considering the daily deals are pretty cheap it should be within the reach of most!
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

I find it interesting how many people are upset with having awakening gems they feel they don’t need. In my opinion, They are always valuable, but not always immediately. Humans have a distinct and curious tendency to only value what is tangible now.

We get two new champs every single month. Most of which have shown themselves to be quite powerful and/or useful.

Even if you have two or three of a certain class. It’s not gonna be more than 3-4 months tops before you’ll be glad to have it.

That said, I’m going for rank up materials. I just find it fascinating.

I have pulled 4 mutant AG. I have had 3 for over 1 year.

I am still going for an AG but just for some information as to where some players are at.
    edited March 2019
    I'm quite happy with not going for it. I have one I'm waiting to use, and I just opened a 5* at the beginning of the Event, so I bought Shards. No regrets, pulled a Venom with what I bought, bought some other Items, and I'm not done yet. They might be rare, but there's a limit to how much I'm willing to wait for RNG. First the Gem, then the right Champ, one is enough at the moment. I'm cool with that. People can go for whatever they like. I do what I feel suits me best.