**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which is the best power control champion

Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Which is the best power control champion 112 votes

Magik
57%
winterthurKenny292LeNoirFaineanthumzah217xNigSpity68FrostyzuffyunknownTerraDarkrider05Lvernon15Patchie93Sixshot1Savio444CliffordcanThunderGodCarlos2504DoonxCarme1974 64 votes
Dormmamu
10%
ChovnerSoulreaverasNiteAndDaeBlackFreQuencyshadow_lurker22Marvel2289RedEightSpaddictedHerrPopopWebheadUnltd5tarscreamHuntspyj 12 votes
Hawkeye
6%
DuMonUGigantor13AlCapone2727Primetime_769The_red_EclipseLostReplica23Elbow_Flab 7 votes
Vision( either one)
15%
X_ScottXHans_GruberXadqqedfyvrRotellygourav0890TrojanX05Luke208080DankestChefShangattayNodude78XxLoganTDCxXZombieZeddAnthinhoSidDDragonDemitriMNichj99TheMarliner 17 votes
Psylock
0%
MegaSkater67 1 vote
Scarlett witch
0%
Arham1 1 vote
Other
8%
GroundedWisdomMarkjv81Dexman1349Hammerbro_64CupidDiablosUltimatespaceoctopusSuguchi_AffuUmbertoDelRioBoilingsi_si 10 votes

Comments

• Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Magik
    I like Magik over Vision because she powerlocks. Vision can actually still have issues against strong power gain buffs. Dormammu would be better if he had ANY damage
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Other
    Stark enhanced spider man
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Magik
    Magik can power lock a champion in the corner and as long as you play aggressive they won't be able to do much as you just keep replacing your power lock
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Magik, if played properly she can power lock indefinitely.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Magik
    For strictly power control, magik does the job the best.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Dormmamu
    As for me I find dormmamu to be the most efficient at power control,just use the medium attacks and keep power draining and the throwing l2 and power lock, they will never even get 1 bar of power
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Dormmamu
    Dormmamu figured Magik would win this vote but out of the two which if used right can keep the opponent at 0 power the whole fight start to finish.
    Hint: it ain't Magik
    Dormmamu

Strictly for power control Dormmamu does the best Magik still allows the opponent to gain power Dorm can render them at 0 power the whole time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Other
    Not sure about best, but Doc Oc is pretty effective with the least amount of effort.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Magik

Not sure about best, but Doc Oc is pretty effective with the least amount of effort.

Have a 4* Doc Oct (unawakened). Still trying to figure out his abilities.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Magik
    You can argue for Dorm but Magik does more damage while power controlling. In that sense I'd call her the best power control champ.
    Dormmamu

You can argue for Dorm but Magik does more damage while power controlling. In that sense I'd call her the best power control champ.

Well overall Magik is better strictly power control wise dormmamu
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Magik

Strictly for power control Dormmamu does the best Magik still allows the opponent to gain power Dorm can render them at 0 power the whole time
    Once magik begins the power locking cycle with sp2 she can keep the opponent's power locked for potentially the whole battle. Dormammu yes he can power drain constantly with medium ending combo and have some degree of power locking with sp2, but his power lock duration is shorter, leaving the opponent a window to still gain a little bit of power while rebuilding to sp2.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Other
    How is Voodoo not in the poll?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Magik
    Followed by Psylocke or Dorm
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Scarlett witch
    Scarlett Witch awakened. If it's like a Tyranny or Power lock 1 or complete power lock node, then I think only Scarlett Witch provides best power control. Power Lock and Power Steal, I'd say the best Power Control champ since no Specials need to be used.
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Dormmamu
    I like Dormmamu better. Both him and Magik sp2 can power lock opponent for long time but Dormmamu has other option which is his medium attack. It can degenerate too.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Magik
    I vote Magik since she's the most straightforward and I won't count Classic vision since he's premium edition. Hawkie is near Magik in powercontrol though. Where is my boi Voodoo at tho? He's a great powercontrol champion
  • Suguchi_AffuSuguchi_Affu Posts: 21
    Other
    For me doc Ock is amazing, get a powerlock, use a sp3 and then spam the **** out of sp1. If you're feeling brave you can also stack armour ups and heal blocks with the sp2 (but with a shorter duration). Each buff can stack 3 times and can be refreshed indefinitely with the sp1.

Additionally his dupe ability gives him health steal (from regen on heal blocks) armour penetration (armour up buff) and most importantly power steal (on the power lock buffs). He's such a versatile champion.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Other
    I would venture to say Doctor Voodoo. Once he gets to L2 he can just keep hitting the opponent and they eventually have 0 power. Can be cycled nearly as easily as Magik (just need to watch your combo) and he has a lot more utility on top of that.
    Dormmamu

Once magik begins the power locking cycle with sp2 she can keep the opponent's power locked for potentially the whole battle. Dormammu yes he can power drain constantly with medium ending combo and have some degree of power locking with sp2, but his power lock duration is shorter, leaving the opponent a window to still gain a little bit of power while rebuilding to sp2.
    Here is what you do MM till u at Dorms l2 use it then Full combo till Powerlock runs off then go back to MM repeat they never gain an ounce of power.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Psylock

His power lock duration is not shorter, both are 9 seconds. He also drains more power than she does with a sp2. Magik steals one bar (33%), dorm can drain 67.5% if you combo into the sp2 with an imbued medium. The fact that he can control power without specials is huge, the opponent never needs to get a bar of power which when fighting people like magik is perfect as it means limbo won’t even trigger once. He can also chain his sp1 into sp2 and 3 with mystic dispersion and has the added benefits of healing, double immunity and energy damage (ideal for korg as one example). I’d also like to point out that magik has an 85% chance to power lock on each hit with her sp2, dorm is 100%. It’s rare that magik won’t lock, but it does happen sometimes and when it does it can make things harder than they need to be. My personal favourite is Psylocke who I don’t yet have as a 5* or 6* unfortunately, but I do have a 5/65 Dorm and I’m using him in tier 2 wars with great success. Absolutely no regrets in choosing him over magik.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Other
    The fact that there is no dr voodoo on the list is hiliarious
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Magik
    The skrulls really like Vision don't they..
  • Boilingsi_siBoilingsi_si Posts: 37
    Other
    Red hulk
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Other
    Add me to the Voodoo camp.

I will say that Magik's lone ability (power lock) is really good, but I think Voodoo brings a lot more to the table in addition to the power control.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    Dormmamu
    Dormammu is easier to control. H/M Rogue.