**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Free 4* Champion

Did anyone else just get a push notification saying “get a free 4 star champion now” and upon opening the game there was nothing to be found?

Comments

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Sounds like a scam to me.
  • TankRT83TankRT83 Posts: 109
    Maldroit2 said:

Sounds like a scam to me.

It was a push notification on my iPhone from the Marvel Contest Of Champions Application
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Oh. I didn't get one
  • St333lllSt333lll Posts: 278
    I saw it too!!!
    Nothing in app tho
  • HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    yep got it too
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    I got it. Just noticed a few minutes ago. When I opened the game nada.
  • Why do you have Notificatiins turned on for game, don’t they mess up a fight if it pops up at an inappropriate time ? Now if it was smart enough to detect when you are at (or 1 away from) a linked node in AQ-AW, and then that node gets free'd by someone, if it would Notify you automatically then that might be useful.

LINE or other chats could be used by alliance for that, but only if ppl are diligent to tag you. But even then, you'd be inundated with LINE pop-ups too (same bad situation if comes up while fighting).
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I got one earlier but I was busy working. Just logged in and nothing...
    @Kabam Miike could you give some input on this? Was it legit or a system error?
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    It could be referring to intel you can get a “free” 4* from that event
  • Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    It was "Get 4 star Shards from Crystal Shard Crystal.". That's what I recieved.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    edited March 2019
    If you clicked on Notification, did it take you into game ? Or was device notificatiin “spoof'd” by scam company pretending to be from Kabam (like how emails or text messages can be faked to appear to come from a legitimate source) ?

If you clicked on Notification, did it take you into game ? Or was device notificatiin “spoof'd” by scam company pretending to be from Kabam (like how emails or text messages can be faked to appear to come from a legitimate source) ?

It took me into the game, but nothing happened in the game
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I get notifications for things all the time but they're rarely actually there when I log in.
    I mostly ignore them now and see what's there when get in game
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Didn't get that one but have gotten plenty of false notifications, my guesses are either that you weren't supposed to get it but some did and are getting a free one or maybe they are feeling generous or just trolling
  • Also could be cases where you have played different accounts on your device. The device gets the Notification, but it could be in reference to an old acct you don't use anymore (remember they want people to come back so they offer free goodies for ppl who haven’t logged in a while), or a secondary acct, or even if a friend borrowed device to play on his (friend's acct) which you otherwise never login yourself to play. Notifications may end up coming to your device, but not necessarily for your main account when you go and check for them.
    Yo guys he's not kidding about it. I saw the thing too.

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Horrible if it turns out to be an April's Fools joke.
  • LordRaymondLordRaymond Posts: 33

I got it to
  • Hey there, it can sometimes occur that you might get this notification for one of your accounts that you aren't logged into. You may want to double-check your other accounts to see if the notification was for that account. Hope this helps clear things up!
This discussion has been closed.