**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam turning to the whales and turning their backs on free-to-play players

I have been playing this game for about 3 years now, enjoying the free to play experience for the most part because I cannot afford spending much money at all on this game or any game for that matter. And now, especially since the release of cavalier crystals and the absolute hellspawn of champion requirements (which were supposed to be a fun thing)...all players who want to be free to play really cannot enjoy a lot of parts of this game. I never reccomend any people to start playing this game now because it's a trap, when you begin it is easy and smooth but eventually you will have wasted your time and now are stuck in the land of "must pay money to gain the advantage" and it's not some small advantage either. Especially with champion requirements, spending money on Crystals until you get the champs you need is the only way.
I have not seen enough support from Kabam to provide more content for mid-tier summoners to get up to the higher ranks, and if they were to add more content to help mid-tier summoners it is a lot of the time really, really **** rewards for super hard (free to play) content. Like the maze when the champion was released, 2000 5* shards for exploration!? You are joking!! And these Nick fury intel missions, some were trying to compare it to a gwenpool event. NOT EVEN CLOSE! It's way more difficult and the rewards are **** and the Intel store is trash pricing. 5* gem for 95% of your intel?? This game is too old for that. And I cant even do the MASTER mode of the spider-verse chapter because I havent spent money and so my luck just hasn't rewarded me with the champs good enough for that..BUT you can spend MONEY to attempt a SMALL chance at getting a champ for that chapter. 300 units is too much risk to a free to play. Kabam, there are so many of us that treat every unit with care cause we arent used to having 6000+ of them all the time like the whales. And dont even get me started on shard Crystals, why are they even in the game at this point with that 44 4* shard ****? And no one is talking about the grandmaster crystal price change, yeah they lowered it to 200 units like the cavalier but they dropped the 5* rate from 5% to 3%...REALLY!? Like seriously they are asking me to not spend any money when they make switcheroo changes like that.
Now a 4 month uncollected player I still have a TON of trouble exploring the uncollected difficulty despite the tutorials out there for the bosses, they arent the problem. But the nodes and paths such as biohazard and Invade, seriously, you are asking for money there. Not everyone has double and triple immunities champs.
All in all, there really needs to be more crystal buffing and content released that helps the mid-tier player get up to the high level areas of content to catch up because we are falling behind. I'd really like to see changes like this happen before I decide to quit the game. Cause that's where I'm at right now.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Kabam is a for profit company. This game is free to play but you can't expect to have pay 2 win results from being free to play. There is tons of content for mid-tier players. You can be free to play and still progress. Seatin and Brian Grant both have F2P accounts and have progressed pretty far. They play this game as a job almost though. If you want to progress fast and high as a F2P, you need to play a lot more. Also, getting into a alliance that does Map 6 or 7 will help with progression as you get a lot more t2A and t4cc.

Variant is about the only end game player content out there right now but seatin has started it on his F2P and is getting it done. If you aren't willing to be patient, then start spending money. It sounds like you need to work on your roster more in order to complete UC events.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Seatin has had pretty good luck on his FTP account though. Anyways, this game is pretty nice because FTP players can still advance a lot. I can’t speak for anything past act 5 for now, but a lot of the content can still be done with 4* champs, so you can’t really say it’s favouring the whales beyond the fact that they’re paying for stuff instead of grinding for them. Of course, luck is also a really big factor, so that might be more your issue than Kabam. If you decide to quit anyways, that’s your choice.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    i mean kabam still needs to pay their emplopyees and gain profit at the end of the day...
  • Carlos2504Carlos2504 Posts: 37
    I'm F2P, 1 LOL path done, variant explored and cavalier complete (working on exploration)

All of this games content can be done without spending on champs & units. Just at a slower rate, f2p will always be at a disadvantage because spenders choose to pay to get ahead and build more quickly.

Quite simply, if uncollected EQ is too difficult for you to do right now, or any other content, then focus on maximizing your rewards from the content that you can do with your roster & skills
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I am a F2P player (except that USD 1 I spent long ago). I am Elder Bane and Cavalier. I have 5* R5 duped Blade and 5* R5 duped Omega Red. So, it is possible to complete content without paying. @Carlos2504 even managed one LOL path done and Variant explored. Pretty sure there are others with lots of hard content done.

Am I in disadvantage compared to paying players? Of course. But I don't care, I am not racing them. In fact, I am thankful there are paying players, it's them who keep the game alive, not me.

I have played many games in the past and this one doesn't stop F2P progression. That's why I like it a lot. You go try Game of War and then you will see...
  • KezatiKezati Posts: 5
    Thanks for the insight guys, I honestly typed that up really fast after I got major frustrated over dying and wasting units trying to explore uncollected :'(
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Kezati said:

Thanks for the insight guys, I honestly typed that up really fast after I got major frustrated over dying and wasting units trying to explore uncollected :'(

All good bro! This game can get frustrating
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

The 4* ban and the cavalier crystals have fed a strong dislike for the companies policies, just seems underhanded at times. You can progress fine without spending, true but the frustration of many is still legitimate.

I myself am f2p, have beaten everything there is to beat, including 6.1 at 100%, yet I still seriously recent the restrictions on 4*'s and the rapid push for champ specific content, but what I recent the most is the passive-aggressive, sardonic and sanctimonious replies you constantly see, whenever anything negative is written about anything regarding this game.

Regardless of how justified the person is, little to no empathy, just mockery, which it's hilarious because some of you act like these in game accomplishments mean anything in real life, this almost braggadocious attitude while responding just shows how much validation some people seek through this game, that you don't own and all the money, time and energy you burn won't let you keep any of those achievements.

Interesting how you mention empathy, which by definition is to understand and share the feelings of another.

Matter of fact is, every end game player has been through whatever issues the OP or whoever complains is currently going through. Only difference is we find solutions and try to work things out ourselves instead of saying the game is rigged and Kabam should make things easier for players to progress.

So what you’re saying in your post is, when people act like spoilt kids because things are not made easier for them to help them succeed, other people don’t have the right to call them out?
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Seatin has had pretty good luck on his FTP account though. Anyways, this game is pretty nice because FTP players can still advance a lot. I can’t speak for anything past act 5 for now, but a lot of the content can still be done with 4* champs, so you can’t really say it’s favouring the whales beyond the fact that they’re paying for stuff instead of grinding for them. Of course, luck is also a really big factor, so that might be more your issue than Kabam. If you decide to quit anyways, that’s your choice.

I really wouldn't call Seatin a FTP player, since he has spent money on this game..either his own or others who follow him on youtube
  • Sly1Sly1 Posts: 23
    I have been playing less than 2 months I think. It was a week, maybe 2, before I spent any money. I was spending $5 here, $20 there, but after awhile, I realized my champions were making little progress. I think it's ridiculous to spend $50 to $100 for any of those packages. To each their own, but I haven't spent any $ since the offer I got for $5 to get max signature ability on a 3*. That was probably a few weeks ago.

I would say they definitely target whales. There must be enough of them to warrant such pricey packages. A company should never forget the F2P player though because they add to the population of the game and from time time, some do eventually spend. I think this game is fun and will spend $ on it, but I stopped being a whale when I left an MMO I played for 9 years. The packages need to be more worthwhile.
  • Nat6Nat6 Posts: 21
    I agree with Sly the packages need to be more worthy of us but 1st KABAM should know who puts the money in there pockets they do throw us a bone once in a while but it's not enough I'm here to play I have almost all the characters I want I'm only missing HAVOC that's all I want I know there are better and stronger ones out there but gimme that I'm good let me go back to my grind of u wanna try and tussle with me I'm on versus all the time lets get down and boogie oogie oogie til u cant boogie no more I'm here I'm always up for a challenge. I hope Kabam steps it **** up and listen this is a lil constructive criticism
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    bm3epps said:

I really wouldn't call Seatin a FTP player, since he has spent money on this game..either his own or others who follow him on youtube
    but Seatin has a FTP account
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    We are talking about striving and grinding for champs who have already become repetitious disappointments multiple times already...so here come more in the form of 6 stars with a mini game that just coincidentally will keep you fighting (if you have any skill at all) and is really was designed for that purpose so that long wait to dupe them they will not completely suck wind. Without their buffs and debuffs unlocked, without armor up, or heal, or power gain or unblockability or rage, or...., locked you will take a ton of damage to start, against awakened 5 stars. so really more of the same with a mini game built in to compensate for the fact they will be unduped and weak for a long time and need a way to try to recover and they need the "rarity" advantage for the same reason...so for that long duration when none of their special abilities are available you can still win against champs you probably shouldn't...
  • Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on the forums. We apologize for the frustrations you may feel towards different aspects of the game, but appreciate you coming by with your thoughts. We'll pass along your feedback.
This discussion has been closed.