**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I feel like my 1,2,3,and now 4stars champs are useless

Outside of Arena I really don't have any use for none of my Champions except the five and six stars. Kabam please come up with fun innovative ways of utilizing these Champions. We spent a lot of time and resources ranking them up. I love the 2 Star only Arena you all do, we need more events like that. Maybe a season of War or AQ that only allows certain lower star levels. Or low level gates. I just dont want all of these useless Champions.

Comments

• Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    In any loot based progression game this is how the flow goes. Eventually your stuff becomes less useful and materials devalue over time. You can always use them in EQ if you want by likely like me why would you because it just makes it take longer to get through.

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 964 ★★★
    What about EQ's, side quests, AQ, AW, act 5 and below? Have and do use my 4* there all the time to great effect.
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Not at all man they keep releasing new content within the game that requires lower-ranked Champions such as 1 2 3 or 4 stars

Plus you need them for the Arenas in order to get extra gold and battle chips.

I see this statement posted in the forums and awful lot but my answer is always the same.

Never sell your Champions all of them are needed to fully play every aspect of this game. I've been playing this game since it came out so I do know a thing or two about it.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is all for very specific reasons. Part of it is they got the scaling on the champs off right at the start...that was the reason for the first great nerfing...but that was the wrong way to handle it...they should have simply added more signature levels to 4s...now the balance is off...4s are strong enough now that end game material has to get harder and harder to induce us to rank the more material demanding 5s and 6s...nothing has worked we have all just been going along collecting bigger and stronger 4s and not moving up and so they gotta slam a gate on us...
    Now we got no choice...rank or tread water at the gate.
    The irony is that to keep a well awakened r5 4 from being able to play through end game material, they have had to make the nodes so difficult people with r3 5s were complaining they couldn't do them...so yeah...now just forcing us to be equally weak...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Rap said:

It is all for very specific reasons. Part of it is they got the scaling on the champs off right at the start...that was the reason for the first great nerfing...but that was the wrong way to handle it...they should have simply added more signature levels to 4s...now the balance is off...4s are strong enough now that end game material has to get harder and harder to induce us to rank the more material demanding 5s and 6s...nothing has worked we have all just been going along collecting bigger and stronger 4s and not moving up and so they gotta slam a gate on us...

The changes with 12.0 had very little to do with Rarity. They couldn't create content under the old system that the old percentage-based Champs couldn't dominate. They quite literally had no control over content because numerically, they were bypassing everything within the game. Adding more Sig Levels won't remedy that. It would actually fuel the problem.
    The gate is a progress marker. In order to access the Rewards that it gives, you need to reach a certain point in the game. This isn't new. We currently have one, the 5* Gem in the Intel Store. The purpose of it is not only to add a challenge, but to ensure the balance of Rewards is not game-breaking.
    There are multiple Rarities, and just as we no longer take 3*s into Act 5, we outgrow certain Rarities in certain areas. Those areas are very specific. The only place 4*s are not allowed is Act 6. That's one area. It certainly doesn't mean they're useless altogether. Just in that piece of content.
    I wouldn't be opposed to a new and creative way to make use of our 1-3*s, but I'm not really on-board with finite thinking. For some reason, people think in absolutes. If we can't use them in one piece of content, they're seen as obsolete. Equally, I don't think in terms of the same absolutes with Ranking. There won't be Ranking choices that will carry us through everything. The game is built on growing through acquiring Champs and Ranking them. Those choices can and will change as the game changes.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    i like the 2star arena also.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    *Sigh* I wish I could use my OP 3*s from login crystals, but Kabam won’t let them in Act 6
    We have heard all that...but what it has done is negate the many years of planning and play of many summoners...kabam just negated 4 years of collecting and grinding...am i supposed to be happy? Thank them for not being more forthcoming about the direction the game was going so at least some rethinking could be done before seeing all your efforts for 4 years really amount to nothing...i could now start this game and get where i am in a 3rd of the time...sooo...yeah...playing less already...only reason to collect 4s now is so if they dupe they give you 5 star shards...been there done that...time for something better... really...not enough points to win in the 5 star arena but thats okay! Find joy in all the shards you will aquire week after week, month after month before you see anything happen that even makes you smile for the fleetest of moments...i have a god squad with spidey stark, ghost rider, blade, archangel and it looks like psylock has the final spot. The 10 percent to energy gain makes them power up fast...i will aquire the basics...raise them...get my uncollected status and at least take a very long break from this place...but probably...
    Rap said:

We have heard all that...but what it has done is negate the many years of planning and play of many summoners...kabam just negated 4 years of collecting and grinding...am i supposed to be happy? Thank them for not being more forthcoming about the direction the game was going so at least some rethinking could be done before seeing all your efforts for 4 years really amount to nothing...i could now start this game and get where i am in a 3rd of the time...sooo...yeah...playing less already...only reason to collect 4s now is so if they dupe they give you 5 star shards...been there done that...time for something better... really...not enough points to win in the 5 star arena but thats okay! Find joy in all the shards you will aquire week after week, month after month before you see anything happen that even makes you smile for the fleetest of moments...i have a god squad with spidey stark, ghost rider, blade, archangel and it looks like psylock has the final spot. The 10 percent to energy gain makes them power up fast...i will aquire the basics...raise them...get my uncollected status and at least take a very long break from this place...but probably...

Are you trying to tell me you've been planning and playing for 4 years, just for Act 6?
    Fyi guys! Awsome team! The champs in act five all have physical damage resistance and the powerups are the only attacks that damage them so...so psylocke filling that.bunch up more quickly will pay off.
  • liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    to quote radiohead, "just cuz you feel it, doesn't mean it's there." it's all about your mindset dude. the same uses that existed for your champs before act 6 are still there. shrug.
    NOPE planned to finish the story line...now i will probably not. I have plenty of 2 stars that never get used, same with 3s, now i have built a roster of champs that duplicates all those before it and now they to will expire and have no real value to me .nnv eyond shards and arena points. i must again wade through acquiring them all yet again and then again after that?? Na! At the top they should have been more selective in who was created for that tier and limited the number that would ultimately be available. And even if they were the same champs already released into lower tiers they should have been totally different than the tiers before, with different moves, different cut scene animation, epanded synergies...the mini game stuff just isn't enough to make me want to grind 3 weeks for one...one who is mostly identitical to all those versions of them that we got at the beginning of MCOC? It has become exausing and dishearting...like looking across a bleak expansive desert of nothing and realizing you can never get to the other side no matter what you do.
    It's not really realistic to come that far and expect 4*s to carry through Act 6. They worked for Act 5, just. Thanks to Synergies and newer, stronger Champs. Act 6 is a new level of challenge. One that wasn't even officially confirmed until last year, I believe.
    There are different Rarities of the same Champs. That is just how the game is designed. In order to progress into higher forms of content, you'll need higher Rarities. I'm not entirely sure what you're describing, very colorfully I might add, but it sounds like an entirely different game. 4*s won't do for everything. There are 5*s and 6*s now. It's called progress.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    I just pulled 4* Quake. Time to learn a new skill. ;)

• 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    There should just be odd and even arenas. Days 1,3 and 5 have 1*,3* and 5* arenas. Days 2,4 and 6 have 2*,4* and 6* arena. Day 7 has catalyst arenas.
    And as an example of how not really challenging the 5 star power bar mini game is? I mastered that mini game on pokemon stadium with my scyther in the mini games on it! soooo...yeah got that mastered anyways.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    It would be cool to see a game mode with extremely difficult content that limited to certain star types and the difficulty would scaled relatively with rewards. This type of game mode would require a lot of skill or deep pockets not just deep pockets that get you a big roster
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Rap said:

Why exactly are you worried about the 5* gate on act 6 when you have yet to beat 5.2.6 to get uncollected? You have plenty of content to complete before that gate becomes an issue for you
  • mcompmcomp Posts: 24
    How about allowing players to designate slots as Active role or Supporting role. You are currently alloted 5 slots. If one chooses a slot as Support, then that slot will not have any restrictions *, but can only support remaining active champs with synergies. You loose an active champ for every supporting slot, but you at least allow for 3* or 4* to still play a role in the end game content. Example: For those that have Ghost, some may be willing to give up 2 active slots to get the Synergies from 4*s. It's a gamble since you only have three champs to count on, but at least you have an option.
    No body expects to finish with only 4s! we also shouldn't be expected to wade through 300 plus more champs that are 2 additional, virtually idential versions each of every champ we already have? And we should certainly be able to count on some of them for synergy builds that are incomplete with our 5 roster but banning them all together puts many of us nearly at scratch.
    If you're arguing against 5*s and 6*s, I think the boat has left the harbor.
    Nope arguing about the fact that those of us in the middle are getting diddled. Kabam has boosted the bottom and gifted the top and left the middle to hang out to dry.
    Wait, what?
    It is like everyone has gotten a boost toward the end game except the middle. Everyone above is speeding up growth with duped 6s, and below, with thier xp ups, and sig stones and 4 and 5 star shards the bottom is closing in on us fast! Soooo the big question is! why has the middle tier being targeted to be slowed down? Why are we always the ones getting dumped on and stalled? Grounded you know for a fact that for 2 years we didn't even have shards IN this game so now they collect and grow far faster than we did right at the start, even without the endless supply of xp ups. So basically the middle tier is the one who and only one that has to suffer for kabams rebalance and retooling of the game.
    It was the inappropriate reference I was questioning.
    The Beginners got a boost of 10 PHCs, a couple T4Bs, a T4CC, and some Pots. Not all at once, over 4 Acts.
    The Cavalier holders got access to the Crystals because it's the next phase of availability, and that's where it will affect the overall balance the least.
    The in-between hasn't been left out of anything. They're making Resources more available. It's literally been 12 days since Act 6 came out. These things take time.
    It's still going to take work to get to Cavalier.
This discussion has been closed.