**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is the "better" way to go down in Tier in AW (between seasons)?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
My alliance's leadership is trying to determine the better way to lower our tier in AW for next season. We are currently at Tier 5 and most likely ending in Tier 5 if we win this war and the last one after.

We are discussing on two possibilities:
1. Fight and lose on purpose in the off season AWs, making sure we don't 100% Exploration to drop points, OR
2. Create a shell alliance so we leave our current alliance and rejoin a week before the next season.
3. Other ways?

Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    If I could hit LOL twice, I would.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    When you ask for AW help on the official forums...

Because you want to sandbag and make shell alliances
  • Options
    (1) This is why War Rating needs to be “locked” during off seasons, or...
    (2) there should be some type of individual War Rating that carries with you as you move alliances and would affect the overall Alliance War Rating (although I could see how this 2nd option would discourage high alliances from bringing in new lower people even if they have the right Prestige/Heroes/Skills, or maybe it only modifies Ally WR if there is more than 1/3 changeover in overall membership).
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★

Hey All,

Just wanted to drop in to let you know that we understand how important this is to everybody, and that we are aware of the situation. Unfortunately, as you can all see from just the discussions here, it is not an easy one to solve. We don't want to implement anything that will punish Alliance's playing fairly and competitively.

At this time, we don't have any plans that we're ready to implement, but are not ignoring this behaviour.

• Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Too much work to build a shell alliance for tier 5 / gold alliances.... that's more a plat and above strategy. Minor tuning such as no item wars should be sufficient.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    First off, this whole conversation is funny to me. "Hey guys, what's the best way to manipulate the system and take advantage of weaker Allies?". Lol.
    Secondly, it is something they are monitoring very closely. In fact, you may find that tactic doesn't yield much advantage at all in the new Matchmaking System, if my observations are correct.
    Best of luck with your efforts.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    sarcasm...

'nuff said