**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How much would you pay for a 6*?

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Exactly 200 units and a 1% chance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

And it's exactly how real estate market or any other market for that matter works - everything is worth only as much as anyone is willing to pay for it

Not exactly, no. I'll give you $20. Your objective is to buy me a Condo in the Metro Area.
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Posts: 323
    0 money ......
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110

And it's exactly how real estate market or any other market for that matter works - everything is worth only as much as anyone is willing to pay for it

Not exactly, no. I'll give you $20. Your objective is to buy me a Condo in the Metro Area.
    omg how dumb are you? he said the value is on how much people are willing to pay, how much are people paying for a condo? is it $20? no? lol so your arguement is invalid. why would they sell you one for $20 when others are paying so much more... omg are you ****?
  • AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Not a penny

omg how dumb are you? he said the value is on how much people are willing to pay, how much are people paying for a condo? is it $20? no? lol so your arguement is invalid. why would they sell you one for $20 when others are paying so much more... omg are you ****?
    Apparently you're not aware that there's a Market Value that exists outside of what you're willing to pay. If the Market Value of the Property is $500k and you want to pay $20, the Market Value doesn't change.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I'd pay $1 that's about as much as I would be willing to use of my Google play credit
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Way they have conducted their business $0 but any other standard devloper with sense of humanity and morals i would give $5-15. Depending on what kind of champs r in the crystals. Current basic crystal has 99% chance to give you something that's absolutely useless. So i would pay none.
    zeezee57 said:

Apparently you're not aware that there's a Market Value that exists outside of what you're willing to pay. If the Market Value of the Property is $500k and you want to pay $20, the Market Value doesn't change.
    Apparently you're not fully aware how the free market works. Is a property set at 500k that's been on the market for a year still valued at 500k since nobody is

zeezee57 said:

If you wanted to bypass the actual value of a 6* and throw the balance of the entire game off, sure.

And what exactly is this "actual value" you'd be bypassing? And as long as rank materials are rare and 6* can't go past R2 the balance of the game is fine.

The correct answer to the first question is entirely subjective and whatever the market dictates at the time. There is no set actual value for a digital character in a video game. For you and me the value could be totally different, for Kabam it's the most they can get people to pay, and as long as people like COW exist they'll continue to value their product way above what the average player would.
    There is a value relative to the other value of things in the game. That may be subjective in the sense that they set the availability and prices relative to where people are at and relative to the other set values, but that isn't just a blind number they draw up based on what they "feel like". It's balanced with a very specific intent.
    The demographic is not just the most they can get people to pay. In your example, what use would COW have for an Offer for 1000 Shards and some Items? It's obvious the Offer is mainly targeted at people who aren't accessing large amounts of Shards and don't have access to the Cavalier Crystals. It's also for anyone else who wants to buy it, but that's besides the point.
    It always makes me uneasy when people start setting their own value on these Offers, as if it should be relative to where they are at and what they think it's worth. That might be true for them, but that's not a testament to the overall value within the game. Subjective or not, these things have a very specific value within the game, and that's the one thing that people miss when they start saying things like, "A 4* Gem for that much? You can't even use them in Act 6!", or "Cavalier Crystals have 6*s, this Offer is insane!". It's taking the availability at one demographic and setting an overall price for the rest of the demographics, and it simply doesn't work that way. It has a value relative to the other values, and where the demographic is at that the Offer is targeting. Which means people at different growth points might not think it's worth it.....and that is why they say not all Offers are for everyone. That means literally.
    That's a whole lot of words to say next to nothing. No where did I state or even imply much of what you seem to be responding to. If Kabam sets an offer at a specific price and next to nobody buys it then their valuation is incorrect, regardless of how they came to that price. Markets are dictated by the consumer, while this may differ to some degree for digital goods opposed to tangible goods the general concept remains the same. If Kabam puts out offers based on their valuation and those offers don't sell do you think they'll just keep putting out offers that never sell or alter their valuation to a range the market accepts?

And I'm not saying anyone in particular here commenting is stating a correct value, Kabam obviously is putting out offers within a price range enough consumers accept otherwise they would have adapted to the market by now. It doesn't matter what you or I value a 6* at or even what Kabam does, it matter what a significant enough percentage of the player base values them at and is willing to actually pay for them, and clearly enough people are willing to meet the price point Kabam is asking.
    You seem to be under the misconception that we set the price of In-Game Items. That would be incorrect. We can argue until the cows come home about what value is and is not, but everything has a price in the game, and that price has a value based on the internal value of everything else. It's not set to what people feel is adequate. It's not lowered based on whether people like that price or not. That should be apparent by the fact that EVERY OFFER, we get a Post about the price of said Items, and that hasn't changed them thus far. There is a value within the game itself for everything. No idea where you're going about it being incorrect. It is correct. It's not just what they are trying to sell, and if it doesn't go, it's discounted. It is a monetary value placed on leasing the right to use their product, and that value is increased by things such as rarity. quantity, etc. We do not set the market. They do.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    100-150 quid
    I bet this thread will be shutdown in a few minutes due to it derailing
  • Le_Marv_8Le_Marv_8 Posts: 84
    Knowing how the game rolls thus far....selling 4*s when the latest content only allows for 5*s and more and being paranoid for 7/8* (god knows how many stars there will be)...deals involving buyin champs aint worth the cash IMO
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Where's the [I'm free to play] option
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I wouldn’t buy it

@GroundedWisdom Why you arguing people's points? The OP asked people how much they would pay for a 6*, we give our opinions, end of story. Its not like the OP is demanding that they make 6*s cheaper.

I'm debating markets apparently. Someone is arguing a comment I made about markets.
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Apparently you're not fully aware how the free market works. Is a property set at 500k that's been on the market for a year still valued at 500k since nobody is

zeezee57 said:

If you wanted to bypass the actual value of a 6* and throw the balance of the entire game off, sure.

And what exactly is this "actual value" you'd be bypassing? And as long as rank materials are rare and 6* can't go past R2 the balance of the game is fine.

The correct answer to the first question is entirely subjective and whatever the market dictates at the time. There is no set actual value for a digital character in a video game. For you and me the value could be totally different, for Kabam it's the most they can get people to pay, and as long as people like COW exist they'll continue to value their product way above what the average player would.
    There is a value relative to the other value of things in the game. That may be subjective in the sense that they set the availability and prices relative to where people are at and relative to the other set values, but that isn't just a blind number they draw up based on what they "feel like". It's balanced with a very specific intent.
    The demographic is not just the most they can get people to pay. In your example, what use would COW have for an Offer for 1000 Shards and some Items? It's obvious the Offer is mainly targeted at people who aren't accessing large amounts of Shards and don't have access to the Cavalier Crystals. It's also for anyone else who wants to buy it, but that's besides the point.
    It always makes me uneasy when people start setting their own value on these Offers, as if it should be relative to where they are at and what they think it's worth. That might be true for them, but that's not a testament to the overall value within the game. Subjective or not, these things have a very specific value within the game, and that's the one thing that people miss when they start saying things like, "A 4* Gem for that much? You can't even use them in Act 6!", or "Cavalier Crystals have 6*s, this Offer is insane!". It's taking the availability at one demographic and setting an overall price for the rest of the demographics, and it simply doesn't work that way. It has a value relative to the other values, and where the demographic is at that the Offer is targeting. Which means people at different growth points might not think it's worth it.....and that is why they say not all Offers are for everyone. That means literally.
    That's a whole lot of words to say next to nothing. No where did I state or even imply much of what you seem to be responding to. If Kabam sets an offer at a specific price and next to nobody buys it then their valuation is incorrect, regardless of how they came to that price. Markets are dictated by the consumer, while this may differ to some degree for digital goods opposed to tangible goods the general concept remains the same. If Kabam puts out offers based on their valuation and those offers don't sell do you think they'll just keep putting out offers that never sell or alter their valuation to a range the market accepts?

And I'm not saying anyone in particular here commenting is stating a correct value, Kabam obviously is putting out offers within a price range enough consumers accept otherwise they would have adapted to the market by now. It doesn't matter what you or I value a 6* at or even what Kabam does, it matter what a significant enough percentage of the player base values them at and is willing to actually pay for them, and clearly enough people are willing to meet the price point Kabam is asking.
    You seem to be under the misconception that we set the price of In-Game Items. That would be incorrect. We can argue until the cows come home about what value is and is not, but everything has a price in the game, and that price has a value based on the internal value of everything else. It's not set to what people feel is adequate. It's not lowered based on whether people like that price or not. That should be apparent by the fact that EVERY OFFER, we get a Post about the price of said Items, and that hasn't changed them thus far. There is a value within the game itself for everything. No idea where you're going about it being incorrect. It is correct. It's not just what they are trying to sell, and if it doesn't go, it's discounted. It is a monetary value placed on leasing the right to use their product, and that value is increased by things such as rarity. quantity, etc. We do not set the market. They do.
    You have no idea how markets work 😂

Again if they set a price and zero players pay it do you really think they won't lower that valuation? Enough players are willing to pay what they're asking, if you honestly think they wouldn't lower prices based on consumer activity there's nothing Anyone can say to change your mind. Good luck in the real world with the mindset that you're opinion is fact, should be a fun ride for you. You used the real estate market as an example here, try following the asking price of a house that's been sitting on the market for an extended time and tell me the market doesn't dictate cost.

Edit: I never said we set the price, Kabam does. But they do/will adapt their price to what the market dictates.
    I'm fully aware how markets work. I'm also aware how the game works. Refusing to spend will not lower the prices on the Offers. In over 3 years, I've never seen that once. I've seen Offers people have asked for, but never in response to people "putting up a good fight". Giving feeeback on the price of something is one thing. People are encouraged to do that. If you think encouraging people not to spend would lower the price, I'm afraid it's you who is not aware how this works.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    This game is good, but I wouldn't waste money on coding, graphics, and animation
    This game wont be here forever.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Kabam pays me $1 to take 6* domino off their hands 👍🏻😂
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I'm free to play, so $0.

I don't mind grinding arenas to get the units to buy a couple Cavalier crystals tho...
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

This game is good, but I wouldn't waste money on coding, graphics, and animation
    This game wont be here forever.

So by that logic you wouldn’t spend money on entertainment, good food, alcohol, or basically anything that doesn’t have liquidation value.
    Okay, we're done here. I've made my points. There is a set value within the game for everything. That will not go down if people hold out on buying it. A Developer would just as soon close shop than start "liquidating". Sorry, but that is a hard disagree. The misconception circulates everytime an Offer is seen as too much. "As long as people keep buying it, they'll charge ridiculous prices.". It doesn't work that way. You can agree or disagree, but I'm not treading any more circles.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    200-300 quid
    If it was a one time thing, id think selling them for 200 wouldn't break the game. I estimate by cash offers they're trying to get $6-700 for one. That is insanely too much. But I get it. If everyone gets them too fast they'll have to think of the next thing sooner.
    Also worth nothing that's not the value they put on them. It was the value of 1000 Shards, along with 200k Gold, some T5B Frags (also Top Tier), and some 30% Boosts. Everything has a value.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★

• HeadrollerHeadroller Posts: 255
    200 units + RNG Luck