**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone explain why guilotine isn’t working against ROL Wolverine?

I keep trying to time the SP2 but if the reverse healing timer runs out, I can’t place the debuff anymore. Please help explain this.

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Do you have two soul charges?
  • Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    How does one get soul charges? I finished it but man, keeping those soul charges were more challenging than I thought it be. Seems like Void may be a better option for Wolverine now.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

How does one get soul charges? I finished it but man, keeping those soul charges were more challenging than I thought it be. Seems like Void may be a better option for Wolverine now.

Void is much easier than Guilly. Guilly can't do enough damage against Wolvie to get more souls unless you land the 1st SP2 quickly and get him to regen while her reverse regen is active. If that doesn't happen you have to just quit the fight and try again.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    you start out with 4 and they fade over time, you get one for every 10% of health you remove from the opponent but with high health champs that isn't likely to happen. There are synergies now to extend the duration and add the ability to generate new ones when the opponent is bleeding.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You could always use MODOK. His L1 does the same thing.
    Mephisto has Soul Imprisonment, but it's too long a Fight to maintain Souls.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

you start out with 4 and they fade over time, you get one for every 10% of health you remove from the opponent but with high health champs that isn't likely to happen. There are synergies now to extend the duration and add the ability to generate new ones when the opponent is bleeding.

Correction, you get a soul for every 4% damage (not 10%). And it's based on where the defender starts the fight. Once you have earned the soul for that level and the defender regens, you won't get another soul until you're 4% below the last soul earned.

For example, you start the fight and Wolvie has 97% health. The first soul you earn is when he drops below 93%. He then regens back up to 100%. You will not earn another soul until you get him below 89%.

Meanwhile, each soul expires after 10 seconds. You start the fight with 4, so you have to get to your SP2 within the first 29 seconds of the match.

If you have the Morningstar synergy, her souls last 2x as long which make this fight a lot easier.

Once you have the first SP2 in place, you have to maintain a hyper-aggressive attack so that you keep forcing Wolvie to proc more regens (so they reverse heal) but also so you earn more souls to do it again.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

Rotelly said:

Correction, you get a soul for every 4% damage (not 10%). And it's based on where the defender starts the fight. Once you have earned the soul for that level and the defender regens, you won't get another soul until you're 4% below the last soul earned.
    Weird - both my Guillotines say it's 6% not 4%. Where are you getting your number from?
    Snizzbar said:

Rotelly said:

Weird - both my Guillotines say it's 6% not 4%. Where are you getting your number from?
    Yep. 6%.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    The new 'Huntresses of the Contest' synergy can really help with your 'I don't have any souls to reverse the regen' problem. Add Gamora to your team and now, Guillotine will have a 50% chance per hit to get a soul charge, with a 10 second cooldown each time you get a soul from this.
    I mean I haven't used it cause I've only got a 3* one and my 5/50 void was more useful for that fight in my case, but hey it should help with your soul deficiency problem. Good luck in finishing RoL.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    If you have Void why are you when trying Guilly? He should be your go to for any Regen champ.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Rotelly said:

Maybe it is 6%. For some reason I remembered 4 and didn't confirm in game. I stand corrected.