**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

FTP and PTW

Why do i feel like people who spend money on this game are luckier than people who dont. If I had the money to buy units I would but I have to buy new furniture replace all my stuff since I had a house fire in November and it still seems like I get crapped on for being ftp and not having any good champs.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    plpkok said:

People who pay open many more Crystal's and possibly completed much more content. The more you open the better chance of getting someone great

This. Same rates, same RNG. More chances.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    P2W are also more likely to take risks in the game knowing they have $ to bail them out. To them it's only $100, but to me (F2P) it means at least a couple weeks of arena grinding and ROL farming for health pots..
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Yea anyone who has watched cow30 or seatin open crystals should know they don’t have good luck! They open massive amounts of crystals and get some good champs.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Lol go watch COWhales first featured 6* crystal opening. Big spenders don't have better luck. It only seems they have better luck because they open more crystals. More crystals = more chances at good champions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    ThaDevil said:

plpkok said:

People who pay open many more Crystal's and possibly completed much more content. The more you open the better chance of getting someone great

This. Same rates, same RNG. More chances.
    Yeah you hope thats true.
    I've spent enough money to back it up. My pulls aren't grand. Lol.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Bgunnnz said:

Why do i feel like people who spend money on this game are luckier than people who dont. If I had the money to buy units I would but I have to buy new furniture replace all my stuff since I had a house fire in November and it still seems like I get crapped on for being ftp and not having any good champs.

Seatin has both a FTP and PTW account, and you can see from his pulls that there is no advantage other than the ability to open more crystals on the PTW account.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Yeah, no such different luck. The only is that spenders have paid for their heartbreaking frustration, the rest has earn it for free.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    The only thing paying does is give more chances, not better. Be glad there are people willing to spend, otherwise you wouldn’t have a game to play.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I put money in this game. I've pulled 5 star groot for the 4th time now out of 46 Crystal's. I personally feel that when you buy those red shard offers, they tend to give you gross 5 stars. That's been my luck. I got the black Friday deal, pulled Loki, 5 star shard cards, vulture, blue cyclops, and groot. Ugh.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I honestly think that PTW players are less lucky than FTP. If you think about it, the system drives PTW players to spend more.

but that's just a thought. What I really want to believe is that they just open more crystals and acquire more champs. It's like sales, it's strength in the number of attempts
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Kobe Bryant is #3 in all time NBA scoring.

He’s also the all time leader in missed shots.

He’s not in the top 500 in field goal percentage.

Missed shots don’t make highlight reels and YouTube videos.

More chances.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Bgunnnz said:

We aren't trust me for what I spend my odds are terrible.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Did you not see COW's unlucky 6 star featured opening?
    Proves that whales aren't always lucky
  • Drop Rates are random within the game despite spending or not. We're sorry to hear you feel that is different, but this is not the way the RNG in the Contest works.
This discussion has been closed.