**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone passing on the 5 star awakening gem in the intel store?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Don't have to. It's the truth. These Events come out, and it's always a running dash to get the Gem. Sometimes you just have to let it go. Decided that when I saw it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I don't need to post it on every Page. It just so happens that people who choose to buy it keep challenging those that didn't or wouldn't. It stands to be corrected that people can choose what they like and be happy with it. Difference is, I'm not telling people they should have made my choice, or what they chose is wrong.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I don't like the current forum quote system. Seems to be hard to get right.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    I have pretty good options for most classes, so I'm getting it.

Really want cosmic or mystic, but will take whatever i can get. I only have a science right now (which means that is what i will get), but will hold for worthy champs.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Me. Dont have a deep roster to clear epic, so t2a and 5* shards will be
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I decided to go for the 1k 6* shards, a 4* AG, 18k t2a and some 5* shards. Don't have good 5* AG options in every class. If i did, i would buy the AG.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Haji_Saab said:

Sooo these are some of my top champions at the moment:

Hyperion - awakened by a cosmic AG
    Sparky - awakened by generic AG
    Ghost - awakened by generic AG
    Killmonger - awakened by skill AG
    Void - awakened by science AG
    CapIW - awakened by science AG
    Dr Vodoo - awakened by mystic AG
    Star Lord - awakened by tech AG

These awakening gems were acquired some time before acquiring the champs ..in cases over a year. If I hadn't picked up these AGs, my roster would be mediocre. Do not pass on AGs unless you already have a stacked roster.

This. People are on here saying they don’t want to wait for rng just to be able to use them. If you pull a great champ through RNG you have to wait all over again just to make them optimal. You’re actually relying on RNG twice. Using foresight with purchases like these negates that. My first great 5* was SL, still haven’t duped him. Tech AG and the rest is history.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    Everyone is at a different stage in this game and their needs all vary.

I’m going for the AG because I’m really hoping for a tech AG, because my SL refuses to get duped. However, an awakening gem isn’t the only way to awaken a champ. Duping them does so too, so while it is rare to have something that can awaken a champ of choice, it is not the only way to achieve the desired outcome.

Hey Kabam, please let me get a tech:

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If you think that shards or rank up materials are more important to your accoun
    Batman05 said:

I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
    You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.
    People make terrible shortsighted mistakes every day in real life. Making them in a game is prolly just second nature to them.
    So you made that assessment based on what's best for YOU and where YOU are at, and felt it necessary to tell people what's best for THEM and where THEY are at. Interesting logic. Doesn't leave much space for people to think for themselves though.
    No, I made that assessment on who is correct and what is wrong. The AG is the best value in the Intel store. That's a fact, not an opinion. You can't argue facts with opinions. It's just going to make you look silly.

People still think that the earth is flat, that doesn't mean that their option is right or should be respected.
    That’s not a fact. That’s still just your opinion. Any gem would hold no value for me.

Wrong.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

To be honest, unless you have every champ awakened, not one person should be passing on a FREE 5* Awakening Gem 🤦🏻‍♂️

This is faulty logic. My roster is solid. I need more champs ranked higher. Not awakened.
    Have you 100% Act 6.1 and Variant yet? They should have told you that the game is changing and having 3-5 great champs isn't going to cut it anymore.

AGs have 100% played a huge rone in me being where I am in the game. No idea where I'd be had I not got them at every chance I got.

r5 Blade, Class Gem
    r5 Starky, Class Gem
    r5 OGV, Generic Gem
    r5 Beardo, Class Gem
    r5 Omega, Generic Gem
    r5 Void, Class Gem
    r5 Ghost, Class Gem
    r4 Medusa, Class Gem
    r4 Hype, Class Gem
    r4 AA, Generic Gem
    r3 Fury, Class Gem
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    M

Batman05 said:

I don't think it's silly at all. The thing about the Event is it's designed so that people can choose what they think suits them best. Personally, I'm not interested in saving Intel for a month to roll a Class I'll have to wait months to use. I can use the other Resources no matter what. Some people just don't want it. I don't care if it's worth $10,000. If it's sitting in my Inventory for months and months, it's not really useful at all. Not worth the chance for me. Anyone else can do as they like.

If someone things t2a or t4b suits them better than a 5* AG then they are silly and wrong.
    You're trying to tell me you know what I need, and what suits me better than me. Doesn't get much more wrong than that.
    I'm not buying a Gem just because it's a Gem, so I can sit and wait on RNG. You play your way, I'll play mine.
    People make terrible shortsighted mistakes every day in real life. Making them in a game is prolly just second nature to them.
    So you made that assessment based on what's best for YOU and where YOU are at, and felt it necessary to tell people what's best for THEM and where THEY are at. Interesting logic. Doesn't leave much space for people to think for themselves though.
    No, I made that assessment on who is correct and what is wrong. The AG is the best value in the Intel store. That's a fact, not an opinion. You can't argue facts with opinions. It's just going to make you look silly.

People still think that the earth is flat, that doesn't mean that their option is right or should be respected.
    That’s not a fact. That’s still just your opinion. Any gem would hold no value for me.

Wrong.
    My gawd you’re an idiot. There isn’t one answer; it’s contextual. What is best for you may not be best for others. Is not hard to understand.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    edited March 2019
    One additional point. With 6* becoming more prevalent, how will a 5* AG help? While I only have 3 6* thus far, I'm obtaining them fairly regularly. Once I complete Cavalier, I'm certain the pace of obtaining them will increase. I've seen some accounts with 23 6*, many of them already duped, but several ones that rely on awakening for full utility still not awakened.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Hard Pass - Of the 5 AG's I've gotten to date, 4 have been mystic 2 of which I still have in inventory.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    I would take any 5* AG at the moment, but I can't complete epic so T2A and others are the way to go for me
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242
    I would take any 5* AG at the moment, but I can't complete epic so T2A and others are the way to go for me
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Batman05 said:

Wrong.

I’m not wrong because any class gem wouldn’t help my account at all. If I needed someone awakend bad enough I would use a generic but I don’t need to. T5 basic to get more rank 5 champs will go a lot further for me. Even if i didn’t have two gems already I wouldn’t want the crystal. It’s a one and six chance to get what u want, and it’s ok to let it sit because that’s what mine do now. but if I pull a new champ I can’t get them to rank 4 or five which is where they are most useful to me. So I wouldn’t now awaken a rank 2 or rank 3 champ.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I don't agree with @GroundedWisdom on much, but in this case he's 100% right.

No one can tell another person they're WRONG for spending an in game resource on what they want or need in game.

I am high mid tier (Elders Bane, Cavalier, 1 run of LOL, 20 mil alliance, Top 500) and I am not saving for the AG. If it was generic, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but more RNG rewards that cause me heartbreak is not what I want. I will take the rewards that guarantee value to me at this moment. T2A and T5B will get me further into 100% Variant and Act 6.1 than a useless class AG that will collect dust until I pull "that" champ.

To each his own.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    I didn't go for it as it is random. Hate to waste getting it and cant use it right away.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Vdh2008 said:

I don't agree with @GroundedWisdom on much, but in this case he's 100% right.

No one can tell another person they're WRONG for spending an in game resource on what they want or need in game.

I am high mid tier (Elders Bane, Cavalier, 1 run of LOL, 20 mil alliance, Top 500) and I am not saving for the AG. If it was generic, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but more RNG rewards that cause me heartbreak is not what I want. I will take the rewards that guarantee value to me at this moment. T2A and T5B will get me further into 100% Variant and Act 6.1 than a useless class AG that will collect dust until I pull "that" champ.

To each his own.

I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer either. I’ll get the gem because it’ll be useful at some point and they’re rare. You can get the alpha and the gem anyways plus if you are at the level you say you are then that’s only about 1 and a half weeks worth of t5b. I think the gem is worth way more than that.
    It's the T2A I want more than anything... I have about 4 champs I want to R4 and it's a slow slog to get T2A. The T5B is just what I'll use the remainder on.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    So did anyone read today's email? If you buy 3 daily specials, you can have enough intel to get the awakening gem and all the T2 alphas. I don't think that is a coincidence.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

To be honest, unless you have every champ awakened, not one person should be passing on a FREE 5* Awakening Gem 🤦🏻‍♂️

This is faulty logic. My roster is solid. I need more champs ranked higher. Not awakened.
    Have you 100% Act 6.1 and Variant yet? They should have told you that the game is changing and having 3-5 great champs isn't going to cut it anymore.

AGs have 100% played a huge rone in me being where I am in the game. No idea where I'd be had I not got them at every chance I got.

r5 Blade, Class Gem
    r5 Starky, Class Gem
    r5 OGV, Generic Gem
    r5 Beardo, Class Gem
    r5 Omega, Generic Gem
    r5 Void, Class Gem
    r5 Ghost, Class Gem
    r4 Medusa, Class Gem
    r4 Hype, Class Gem
    r4 AA, Generic Gem
    r3 Fury, Class Gem
    Just have 100% of Variant Ch.3 left. Initial clear of Act 6 is done. Trust me. I’m ok for now. Need a few more rank up materials. Currently sitting on a mystic and cosmic AG. I went back and forth for a while, and the gem would’ve been a good choice as well.

There’s another AG at the end of Variant, and ranking up another champ or two will help me get it.

I have a bunch of very powerful 5* already awakened.
  • SladeMaverickSladeMaverick Posts: 28
    For me it was more worth getting the tier 5 basic, because with the alliance war crystals Ill get, I should have enough to finally have my first rank five champion. I’d rather have a rank five champion versus the awakening Gem.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Posts: 126
    Saving for the awaking gem.
    Have a solid champ in every class.