**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Better resource payment for selling champions

I’m making the case, those of us who have been playing the game for many years now and have beaten uncollected and act 5, that kabam should offer better resource payments for selling 4* champions. End game players are now limited with the champions they can use, so the legit 5/50 4*s we have played with and loved using for so long are now obsolete. It would be nice to get something back after putting so much T4 basic and T4 class into those champions, to help us grow our 5* and 6* teams to continue through game content, specifically act 6. The 24 5K class iso is great, but getting some full T4 cats or even T4 basic and class fragments would be really helpful.

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    @axelelf_1 Base rating means something to me, even if it dosnt to you
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Might not be the best becasse ther can even make ban for 5 star and u can only use 4 star and if you sold all your 4 star u wont get the rewards like ther did with danger room
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    axelelf_1 said:

@axelelf_1

Don't tell me how to play the game. It is my opinion. Respect other peoples opinions and respond to them respectfully.

Hahaha. You’re the one that said “don’t sell your champs, it makes you look bad.” I responded saying don’t tell me what to do and this.... this is your response. Lol.
    But...he didn’t. He was just stating something. You didn’t have to respond. If it bothers you that much click lol and move on.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★

axelelf_1 said:

@axelelf_1

Don't tell me how to play the game. It is my opinion. Respect other peoples opinions and respond to them respectfully.

Hahaha. You’re the one that said “don’t sell your champs, it makes you look bad.” I responded saying don’t tell me what to do and this.... this is your response. Lol.
    But...he didn’t. He was just stating something. You didn’t have to respond. If it bothers you that much click lol and move on.
    But......that’s exactly what he did.

You should never sell your champs.
    You might need them for later.
    Your base goes down.
    It makes you look bad. Just don't do it.

I don’t like being told what to do so responded and he responded by saying don’t tell him what to do. Pretty freak’n cut and dry.
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    lol yeh this is pretty messed up. Do wtvr you want, but statistically speaking, you do get more from just letting them collect shards and iso plus they could ban 5 and 6* for other content for special events then youll be super screwed. They have done this in the past and even with 2* which are completely "obsolete" but for that event they werent and they gave us 5* shards for completion.

Selling champions is the stupidest thing you can do. I would say: nerf the rewards so players are discouraged from doing it.

I think the stupidest thing you can do is rank up champs you’ll never use. Selling champs you’ll never use isn’t smart, granted, cause iso and shards but no biggie if you’re already loaded. But, see, that’s my opinion as you’re entitled to yours.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    There’s always arena too. Besides, it’s fun to play with lower star champions sometimes if you don’t have a 5* version, or sometimes for synergies. Act 6 isn’t the only content Kabam will ever release
    I have 4* fury, marvel, aegon, Darkhawk, havok, and none will go to r2 because the act 6 restriction
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    axelelf_1 said:

Selling champions is the stupidest thing you can do. I would say: nerf the rewards so players are discouraged from doing it.

I think the stupidest thing you can do is rank up champs you’ll never use. Selling champs you’ll never use isn’t smart, granted, cause iso and shards but no biggie if you’re already loaded. But, see, that’s my opinion as you’re entitled to yours.
    Never say never, that's what I've learned from experience. If you think you don't need all champions in all star variants, be my guest.

PS: did you sell Venom, Carnage, She-Hulk, Gamora and Spider-Gwen before they were buffed? I bet you regret that decision now. Again: selling champions is stupid.

axelelf_1 said:

Never say never, that's what I've learned from experience. If you think you don't need all champions in all star variants, be my guest.

PS: did you sell Venom, Carnage, She-Hulk, Gamora and Spider-Gwen before they were buffed? I bet you regret that decision now. Again: selling champions is stupid.
    Oh look you have an opinion. How cute.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    axelelf_1 said:

axelelf_1 said:

Oh look you have an opinion. How cute.
    please don't get this thread taken down cause you're easily offendable. Just move on and stay at the topic on hand.

Personally, selling champs just never worked for me cause i end up duping them the next day. it's just more iso for me.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 said:

@axelelf_1 Base rating might not mean nothing to you, but it does to me.

Then you’re doing it wrong. Base rating has zero value in this game. If you’re blowing resources ranking up useless champs, you’re wasting your time and money (if you spend).
    I’m not going to tell you how you should play so don’t tell us not to sell champs. I have 3 max 5*s, 15 r4s, 12 6*s. If I wanna sell a 4* for some shards to put me over the top, I’m going to. 4*s are useless to me now, especially since they’re restricted from act 6.
    And if your selling champs you are doing it wrong as well. you are severly hurting yourself in the long run if you sel your lower level champs. It does not matter if have no other use, the math makes it so it hurts you. If you have a base 3* with no dupes or anything you get some iso and come money, but if you dupe that guy you get a guaranteed 55 4* shards. Even if you sell a max 3* with max sig you only get 135 4* shards, if you duped him you would get atleast 55 shards + about a 90% chance at 55 more, for a total of 110. Same issues with 4*s the math makes it better to keep them.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I don't think champions should be sold in the first place. I don't think the functionality should've ever been there.

However, that is a design issue and they shouldn't go back on it. Still allow selling, and hell, even allow 5* selling. This game is based off decisions. Who to rank, what to complete, what area of the game to put your time into.

I think selling is bad idea. In that perspective, I don't want to restrict people from selling, because them selling, would help me. Give more decision, more freedom in the game, and allow people to make their own decisions. There is so much in the game nowadays, decisions can vary day to day and the results can vary day to day.

However, however, this thread devolved into sell or not to sell, and some pretty weak arguing. To the OP, what I would like to see, is some kind of effect similar to 4* r3. Its been discussed at length on these forums that depending how you look at it, ranking a 4* to r3 then selling actually can pay off more than saving the champ and duping them over and over. I'd like to see this in other areas. Where if you have an abundance of gold/catalysts/iso, rank champs a few ranks, and then the reward is even greater. Still allow the decision, give people a chance to strategize.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Better solution, just remove the option ...

neat side effect: when somebody gets their account hacked, they don't get their champ roster cleared out! LOL
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

Better solution, just remove the option ...

neat side effect: when somebody gets their account hacked, they don't get their champ roster cleared out! LOL
    and then people would whine to the heavens, see the gifting badge for example.
    My whole point has been: Don't tell me how to play the game. Your opinion is your opinion. I don't sell champs often but I don't ridicule people that do. All of you that think your opinion is end all be all are just silly and need to grow up. If I get more enjoyment out of the game by having a smaller roster, then that's my prerogative. The last thing I want is people telling me I'm stupid cause I don't play their way. People like that are the worst (IN MY OPINION). Get it?
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,441 ★★★★
    Imagine thinking selling champs has Value
    Lormif said:

axelelf_1 said:

My whole point has been: Don't tell me how to play the game. Your opinion is your opinion. I don't sell champs often but I don't ridicule people that do. All of you that think your opinion is end all be all are just silly and need to grow up. If I get more enjoyment out of the game by having a smaller roster, then that's my prerogative. The last thing I want is people telling me I'm stupid cause I don't play their way. People like that are the worst (IN MY OPINION). Get it?

except your point runs contrary to your statements, you told others how to game. I think maybe you are the one who needs to grow up.
    Then you obviously haven't read my comments. Every time I've said it's MY OPINION. That's the freak'n point. Got it? Probably not.