**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ddwestddwest Posts: 1
    I want my MONEY BACK!!! :|
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I'm not happy about the compensation, but I got a more burning question. How long ago did you realize that there was fraud related to the gifting badges, and long did it take before you decided to pull the gifting badges?
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but why not give us the base unit value of the purchase we had to make to even get the badge? What was it? Starks briefcase? 850 units?
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    I'm a little late to the discussion. What fraud was being committed?
  • Luckylefty01Luckylefty01 Posts: 155
    edited March 2019
    We all got a pro-rated return for our gifting badges lol. Thank you Kabam for making my decision to retire from MCOC that much easier. Being honest with the game gets things taken away. Cheat the game (arena bots, 3rd party units) you keep your rewards and get a slap on the wrist. Kabam you take it too easy on those who fill your bank account but good to see what your priorities are. My money wasn't good enough I guess.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    VolumeOne said:

So we had to spend $50 to get this and we are given $10 in "compensation" for an item that has proven to be valuable in me completing content like Act 6 with the help of alliance mates? Look, you take away something like asking for help sure, we get it. But we had to use actual cash to pay you and you throw a 5th of what we paid as a guise for compensation with knowing you've updated ToS after 12.0 that in-game content can change at any time so no one will be able to get a refund. The past month has been a spit in the face for players like me and many others who have been honest and committed for years. You take our 4 stars we spent resources on (when they were 'scarce'), give new players easier access to newer players because the resources are 'easier' for us to get and because we completed them early on we don't have the need for these resources (?) then tell us that "it's only 10 PHC" but still reward us with PHC twice a week for week-long events, and finally just go ahead and take an item that literally only people who have spent on your game own and give some meager 'compensation' because people were abusing it so we are all punished? I've said it before but now I know for a fact:
    you really don't like us anymore.

The gifting badge was not $50 it was an add on to the tony stark briefcase unit package
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Plantesan said:

It's not like it was permanently removed from the game ... It's just suspended, that's it. If it ever gets fixed, it will be back.
    And you are getting free units for it, so it's a win-win situation for now.

Not for those making a push to 100% act 6 and asking for energy refills and revives among ally mates...?
    I don't see energy refils only being available by gifting. You can farm them, gain them in 3-day events, and even buy them for just 30 units
    Siiiiigh, missing the point but whatever
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★

Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

There were people on social media and the line app offering gifting services. In exchange for say $20 they would send a ridiculous amount of revives, health pots, boosts, etc. Way more than what a player could get with $20 worth of units
    Oh, ok, thanks. Bad choice anyway, a restrisction to send items to players of the same ally should be enough.
  • TensioTensio Posts: 170
    edited March 2019
    Not agree with @Wakandas_Finest
    Why only 300 units and not the total price of the pack? Yes you received the 850 units + gifting badge, but Kabam didn't give you other way to adquire the gifting badge
    And in my case i adquired with an Odin, so probably Kabam should give me back the 3100 units or at least the less qty he force you to adquire this option that was 850 units
  • Ben345qBen345q Posts: 168
    can someone tell me how to file a ticket with Google play?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Kabam, can you go ahead and gift the 300 units for the badge from my alt to my main? That'd be swell
  • jeeppilotjeeppilot Posts: 16
    $29.99 or the going offer in game of 850 units, that is what I expect to get back, not this bs of 300 units, kabam is a disgrace of a company.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Lizer0119 said:

Why not just make gifting exclusive to alliance mates? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

Wouldn’t this solve most of the issue? If not, we should get a refund of at least 850 units, preferably more

Because people would circumvent that join a “gifting alliance” leave and go back to their old alliance. Only real concern would be the AW blackout season days for season rewards.
  • jmorris1jmorris1 Posts: 31
    300 units is a joke. Suspend the so called people who somehow committed fraud. At the least kabam should give us 850 units the cost in units. I am angry with this poor decision.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Someone may have already asked.. but why not just ban the accounts found committing fraud.. unless they figure it's the entire community.. and that's why everyone is being affected..
  • TwistedEnigma17TwistedEnigma17 Posts: 69
    You guys seriously couldn’t have waited an hour and a half for AQ to finish? Guess I’ll grind the arena in hopes to heal up enough to finish this last fight.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    You can literally spend a few moments each day and get free units from Arena. Spend like an hour a day and you will get all the units you need. It's not like they're removing free units from the game. Put in the wrench time, you still don't have to spend.
  • LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Ok so the compensation does not match up... I paid enough to get that gifting badge... I dont understand how 300 units is supposed to cover that
  • Jabo287Jabo287 Posts: 40
    Gifting badge cost us $30, and kabaam only compensates 300 units.

While currently, 275 units cost $10, they should have given us 825 units in compensation to equal the $30.
    But I dont remember what else we received with the badge, did the other gifts total the extra $20?
This discussion has been closed.