**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    edited March 2019

Tsunani said:

Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

No, we mean real world Fraud that includes stolen information and fraudulent purchases.
    So the problem is with the purchases, not with gifts, remove the purchase hability
    This is not something that can be done on an account by account basis. Taking action on their account wouldn't stop them from creating a new one.
    Umm how. Gifting badges aren't available in store to new accounts so how would they get it on a new account?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Those asking for an 850unit refund, give kabam back the 850 units and they will give you a refund
    Now let's see. That's impossible right? You bought the units + badge and you've spent the units already
  • Cbowl29Cbowl29 Posts: 288
    Kabam should refund 850units or the correct purchase that was made to obtain the gifting badge. 300unit is not what most users paid and should receive a full purchase price refund in unit. Please stop deleting my posts I am not the only user who feels this is an unfair compensation
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    SparkAlot said:

@Kabam Miike it is pretty obvious that it is CreditCard Fraud going on, but, it seems like a odd way to "fix" the problem.

Person uses stolen CC to buy stuff. This is logged information, and can be traced to the account that bought it correct?

That person then sells stuff to someone else. Again, this transaction is logged, is it not?

So, to fix it, you ban the original person's account forever, and then remove the item(s) that they sent to the other person, and tell the buyer of the gifts that if they attempt to do it again, they are banned for life.

Problem solved.

Not this simple, bots and mods don't rely on credit card fraud
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Request a refund through apple or google play store. Problem solved.
  • lockitup11lockitup11 Posts: 28
    It makes perfect sense to give 300 units when I spent $30, can't wait to convert my units into the money I spent. Wait, you can't. Thank you Kabam, you aren't even sending the 850 units to us for the amount of money we spent. Another thing that makes me want to quit the game. When will it end.
  • OnyxgemOnyxgem Posts: 7
    So you are taking something we paid Real Life money for, and you are worried about FRAUD...comical Kabam, comical!
  • SancakSSancakS Posts: 5
    I paid real money for this gifting badge. I want my real money back. Not 300 stupid in game units. That was the only reason i bought that dumb package. I want my $30 back since you are changing what was supposed to be a permenant addition
  • Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118
    Ok the badge might have been free but it was the reason why someone maybe bought it. I want you guys to know this is wrong on every level I will be contacting apple to get my back sense I don’t have the item anymore.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Those asking for an 850unit refund, give kabam back the 850 units and they will give you a refund
    Now let's see. That's impossible right? You bought the units + badge and you've spent the units already

I got 850 units on my account right now. They can take their units and give me my money back.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

I'm sitting on 3200 units I've been saving for a LOL run. Come get the units. And I'll take my $30. I paid for the gifting function. I could care less about the units. It had zero bearing on my $30 purchase. I only wanted the badge.
  • big_magsbig_mags Posts: 4
    Its BS because they're not fixing the problem. The real problem is bots but they're too stupid to figure out how to eliminate those so they're just going to penalize everyone instead.
  • DoodLuvDoodLuv Posts: 5
    Bait and Switch Kabam

You are the Fraudsters here.

Make no mistake
  • TONYELTIGRETONYELTIGRE Posts: 16
    I wouldnt have spent 30 on 850 units. Obviously there are better deals. If they give back 850 units than the argument is I'd rather have the 30 dollar credit and spend it on a unit pack when theres a better deal in there for example the 4th deals or cyber monday deals. So in order to stop the top 1%from exploiting( which has literally been a problem since the beginning of the game) there will be a problem with the entire community. I thought we were supposed to be transparent with the decisions kabam was making. Smh.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    DukeZman said:

Jh_Dez said:

I'm sitting on 3200 units I've been saving for a LOL run. Come get the units. And I'll take my $30. I paid for the gifting function. I could care less about the units. It had zero bearing on my $30 purchase. I only wanted the badge.
    All facts
  • OnyxgemOnyxgem Posts: 7
    SO Kabam you are worried about Fraud, like the fraud you are doing for taking stuff away from people they paid RL money for...got yeah!
  • TsunaniTsunani Posts: 173

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    I don't agree on how kabam defines compensation. It's not about the amount of units only, but it's how it impacts on our game play. You're removing a whole feature, very used feature and, by indefinitely, it could mean forever.
  • Cbowl29Cbowl29 Posts: 288
    Why only refund 300 units to users who paid $30 dollars for an 850unit package that came with the gifting badge. This is unfair to the players who spent the money to obtain this item and a full refund of what you purchased should be in order. How is this fair at all to those who spent their hard earned money.
  • Darkwolf1981Darkwolf1981 Posts: 37
    I am outraged, I paid 30 bucks on mine, my wife's, and daughters account so we're could help each other. Now your telling me my 30 US dollars is only equivalent to 1/3 of your consideration when refunding. If your going to offer a permanent deal u should give 110% back when forcing it out if accounts. Not a 35% refund. Goes to show u even though units are a fake currency in kabamland this is how the community is viewed when making sure we're treated fairly. And u want to talk about fraud, there is maybe 3% if the community doing what u said. So the answer is to commit fraud in return? Bait and switch? Two wrongs do not make it right.
  • psywavetracepsywavetrace Posts: 14
    What will they take back next?
  • Jose3eJose3e Posts: 1
    Ok so They just gonna outright rob us now ? If 135 units is worth $5.00 us we paid $30.00 so lets do the math 135 + 135 + 135 + 135 + 135 + 135 = 810 units... ??.. I believe 810 units is what they should have returned back to every fucken body If a 135 units is $5 I wasted dirty dollars for every $5 are wasted I should get a 135 units back this game it's full of **** ****
  • U bet ur sweet behind we better see more then 300 units u guys out or your friggin gords 30$ = 300 unit my behind
  • It sounds like this is bigger than in game items. So when a company is creating a means of allowing real world fraud (inadvertently), they could be liable for the fallout. So I get why they shut it down. Hopefully they can find a work around, better encryption, whatever to reinstate this beloved system. It's sad that people abused it. However, here we are. Perhaps a secondary compensation package might be in order here.

I know it's not anyone's fault who played legitimately, and it sucks that we're getting bonked by it. However, on the flipside, they cannot allow this to continue. If account information is getting phished via this system, it needs to be shutdown and fixed. They really don't have any other options. So I get it. Perhaps look at the big picture and not just your gaming experience. Yes, I'm mad too. But from what's been said previously by Kabam Miike, this sounds pretty messed up. It would be nice to get something more than 300 units. Just seems like it's not gonna happen. Messed up stuff.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Theyre just going to remove it, why bother, Apple will be kind enough to give you back what you spent, as this is literally a part refund for what you paid a full amount for. Hell, apple are even advising players to go to them about it, so they can get a large enough scope of whats going on.
This discussion has been closed.