**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    We all know gifting badges will come back for the Holidays. Kabam wouldn't miss their Cash cow Grifting event.

The tip-toe'ing around fraud is ludicrous though. Does your payment processor buy that BS about lack of action to fraudulent activity?

Perm-bans may not prevent from creating new accounts, but it will heighten the risk for anyone with an account they care about. Even better if you perm-ban via Device ID used by the accounts involved (yes, we both know you have access to unique IDs for devices that use accounts).

What's the thinking here? That criminal activity will eventually self-reform thanks to a slap on the wrist in the form of a 7-day ban? Hahahahaha
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    So, yes it does suck that they took the badge. Punishing honest players by not letting them help their friends and alliance mates because of dishonest players is not the way to handle this. But as far as compensation goes, everyone got the units they paid for(850 for 30 USD). The badge was an added perk in that deal. It cost nothing extra for the badge itself. So 300 units for compensation is actually pretty fair. Overall you got 1150 units for $30. Again, I’m not trying to downplay how much losing the gifting badge hurts honest players. Especially those with multiple accounts. And if you want to discuss whether or not 300 units adequately compensates for the inability to help out others, then that may be a valid argument. But monetarily, everyone already got what they paid for. So talk of a “refund” is a little silly.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Have to edit this as it’s not letting me post t with a tag.

Can we have a candid discussion? We all know what prompted this. It’s all over Reddit and other places. Now while you can’t directly reply to that aspect of it, can you address a few key and worrisome points?

1) Why now? Why not after AQ/AW ended? Is a war on right now? I’m not sure my alliance is sitting this season out. But I digress, your action to remove it before AQ ends can directly impact a large amount of people. People who gift potions to players to finish lanes and or kill bosses. Can we get an answer to that? To me it was underhanded. By maybe there is more behind the timing.

2) Some of us used the GB to gift our alts different items. Some people have bought this badge across multiple toons to assist with potions for LoL runs. I have 2 accounts that I could have made use of for gifts to help progress my game. They don’t have the badge but I was thinking about it as they each now have quite a substantial amount of units built up from events and quests. This stops that. When you reenable this will it impact lower level alts?

3) The purchase of the GB should be valued at the unit pack it came with. Many of us simply bought this pack for one reason only. But you guys valued it at less than 50%. If you can sit there and honestly say that people bought the unit pack for the units and not the badge then I can see the justification of this low unit replacement. But if you think even the slightest that maybe just maybe more than not people bought it for the ability to gift then we need the full value. And saying the GB had no value and was an add-on is a cop-out. If it has no value it would have been purchasable with units at will. But you all made a metric ton of mo wh off this purchase simply because of that badge.

3 small points. I believe you are being as transparent as you can be and know you have a fine line to walk, but maybe you can answer those questions.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★

Waboba said:

So how did people abuse it?

They created a second account and bought the gifting badge so they could keep sending potions, energy reffils etc.. to the main account.
    What is strange to me is why has this never been adressed by the game team..people have done this since the introduction of the gifting badge, but now that act 6 just dropped, people are using this for potions and reffils, spending less money, and out off knowhere kabam realises that they are losing amount of cash, making them mad.
    Kabam should really reconsider how they are treating their costumers..
    And not even the 30$ the costumers spent was refunded.
    This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.
    Also, @Kabam Miike , shouldn't we get refunded with the 30$ ? some people only bought the deal for the gifting badge and not for the units.
    I completly understand that refunding everyone with the 30$ is a long process, but it is what kabam needs to do.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Isman1998 said:

DoodLuv said:

Bait and Switch Kabam

You are the Fraudsters here.

Make no mistake

You can’t honesty sit there and make this Kabams fault.....it’s the people using this feature for nefarious means that caused this. Yes the value we got sucks and it’s not a good position to be in, but this isn’t a bait and switch. It’s not like they sold us this with intent to take it back, that is the definition of bait and switch.
    It's not their fault (bait and switch wise) but I can't defend them robbing us of 30 dollars. Nobody wants those funky 300 units. This some straight bull.
    I’m not saying it’s reasonable how they compensated us. But that person claiming “Classic Kabam” is just trying to start a fire. I believe we should get full value back, but this is not Kabams fault. Just how they are dealing with it.
    So we're on the same page tbh lol.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Waboba said:

They created a second account and bought the gifting badge so they could keep sending potions, energy reffils etc.. to the main account.
    What is strange to me is why has this never been adressed by the game team..people have done this since the introduction of the gifting badge, but now that act 6 just dropped, people are using this for potions and reffils, spending less money, and out off knowhere kabam realises that they are losing amount of cash, making them mad.
    They should just remove the cap on potions and revives. But I guess thats a debate that has already taken place.
  • Kenan34Kenan34 Posts: 1
    300 krediyi hesabimdan geri alin 107 tl parami geri iade edin
    Oyun kurallarini ihlal ettiniz
    #Boykotkabam
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27

Waboba said:

This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.
    So why you punish these people too? Make the gifting enabled ONLY for the alliance members and for those that are in the same alliance for at least 15-20 days. This will fight the Mercs that sell units.
  • MissbMissb Posts: 13
    I would like my money back or compensation that isn't laughable.
  • Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 114
    So we get something for 850 units in value and you give us 300 units? I mean I guess in kabam nath it makes sense but not to us. Not really surprised by your "awesome" customer service and doing what's best for the players.... you know the ones funding you nice paychecks.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

To those asking for a refund of their $30 should kabam also take back the 850 units you received in addition to the gifting badge. The badge was an add on to the package. The units were not an add on to the badge.

@Wakandas_Finest this is 100% exactly true. The badge was an addition to a unit package. If you want your 850 units back, then Kabam takes back whatever you bought with that 850 unit cost. You are essentially getting 300 units in addition to the 850. Anyone that bought the badge has already used the units on stuff so I am not even sure what all the complaining is for. You didn't actually lose anything but a free service. They didn't have to even give anything for this. If you want to be mad, be mad at all the people that abuse policies. Be mad at the people who took advantage of the system. They are the ones who you should direct your anger too.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Act four rewards update exclusion, five and six Star requirements for act six, and now this. March 2019 is turning out to be a stellar month for kabam...
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    I played fair and it is hard for me to complete the more difficult missions and challenges. I put some money in the game here and there and I do not recall any move from KABAM to make my life easier in the game. Since 12.0 update, the game is less friendly to play and every one or two months, there is something to demotivate me about MCOC.
    I will not leave the game. However, the GB removal is just another disappointment to the list.
  • Jtwhite2Jtwhite2 Posts: 0
    The badge that was 29.99 should at least be 850 or what ever the equivalent was in units. 300 is a slap in the face, especially for the players that didn't abuse it.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    Some people only wasted 30$ for the gifting badge by itself, and not for the units. I can totally understand that refunding to everyone those 30$ is really complicated to do, but it is what needs to be done.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    already a thread about this, it's on the main page.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Someone may have already asked.. but why not just ban the accounts found committing fraud.. unless they figure it's the entire community.. and that's why everyone is being affected..

This is much larger than just one player to player, and just banning the Accounts that we find guilty of it will not fix the issue. This is a much larger issue that we need to tackle, and this is the first step.
    Plus banning the people doing this would hurt them even more cause I'm sure alot of the whales are involved.
    They never said those accounts weren't banned.
  • LastShaddowLastShaddow Posts: 10
    So for the ones who use or rather used the badge with good will and who paid say for UK £28.00 sterling for 1450 units and the badge you refund 300 units ???????? (Do you think this is a fair refund ? And how many units for example I bought to use items or to gift for stupid item use that doesn’t even get you to the required top rank as this game is based on whales sales not on people who evolve based on game not on American Express)And you call whoever scams And broken terms you should analyse whose had more items transferred in bulk not cancel all badges how about that of an idea 💡
    Many thanks for making me have second thoughts about the fairness you manage and run the contest
  • Willyweins007Willyweins007 Posts: 3
    Gostaria do ressarcimento do meu dinheiro...
    Chega dessas atitudes arbitrárias da KABAM !!!
    Meu dinheiro, isso que é o correto !!!
    Paguei em dinheiro, QUERO receber dinheiro...
    Francamente KABAM, só prejuízos para os players...
  • kLoWnkLoWn Posts: 14
    Everyone bought the $30 deal for the badge! I doubt ppl said “ I need $30 in units, oh look the gifting badge also!” That’s not how it happened. People seen the badge and that’s why they bought the $30. If the badge wasn’t there then no one would’ve bought $30 deals. Stop trying to justify Kabam scamming everyone 🙄
  • TX1600TX1600 Posts: 31
    To Grounded wisdom if you’re reading this. The GB came as a free gift with the 850 unit offer, yes, true. But everyone who is ticked off about this is they wouldn’t have bought that offer if it wasn’t for the gift badge. So please don’t make it sound like it was free because it wasn’t. Most of us don’t waste $46 AUD on 850 units, we can get that from arenas.
    So no, it wasn’t free.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Honestamente, lo mejor que puedes hacer es deshacerte del juego. Kabam no devolverá dinero real y simplemente no es algo para patear, gritar y pelear. Ellos están poniendo su pie abajo y eso es todo.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Totally unacceptable. This whole mess is the result of thieves and frauds. God forbid the governments of this world follow kabams lead and remove our ability to send gifts or money. We who bought this gifting badge legit and used it legit just got screwed. We were already limited on what we could gift once, now it’s gone forever ? Bad bad move !!! Time for full refunds !
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    KallaiR said:

Waboba said:

So why you punish these people too? Make the gifting enabled ONLY for the alliance members and for those that are in the same alliance for at least 15-20 days. This will fight the Mercs that sell units.
    Because it would still not prevent it.
This discussion has been closed.